Funding Insurgents

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Funding Insurgents

It will be a neat idea if you can fund insurgents in other countries just like in real life!
      By funding the insurgents they should get higher attack against helicopter and jets + infantry and armor. Also more insurgents should pop up and they could get a chance to spawn with a combat recon vehicle or a main battle tank (Kinda like the nova russian rebels in Ukraine.)
      funding rebels and insurgents is a huge aspect in this modern world just look at Syria, Ukraine and even Afghanistan when the Soviets invaded!

Thanks and give your thoughts about this idea. :thumbsup:
    • Apache wrote:

It will be a neat idea if you can fund insurgents in other countries just like in real life!
      By funding the insurgents they should get higher attack against helicopter and jets + infantry and armor. Also more insurgents should pop up and they could get a chance to spawn with a combat recon vehicle or a main battle tank (Kinda like the nova russian rebels in Ukraine.)
      funding rebels and insurgents is a huge aspect in this modern world just look at Syria, Ukraine and even Afghanistan when the Soviets invaded!

Thanks and give your thoughts about this idea. :thumbsup:
      I was thinking about posting this thread but i didn't because i thought that it might be too much for developers who are already making new updates for us. this is a great idea tho. even better, fund them with arms or units. that woould be great and it would be even greater when the insurgents would start to move and conquer new territory.
    • Good idea, this could probably easily be done. Do it in the espionage tab, and have it like when a building or something gets damaged by espionage.

A man finds an old lamp and rubs it. Out comes a genie that says, “Thank you for freeing me. Would you like to be a Hero of the Soviet Union?”
      The man says yes, and poof! He then finds himself in Stalingrad in 1942, facing five tanks alone and armed with only three grenades.
    • Funding insurgents no matter what term you want to call them is a part of modern warfare. These are proxy wars. The enemy of my enemy and where you yourself are not prepared to attack said enemy can help fund one of theirs. This causes your enemy to use resources. They are constantly having to mobilize to take out these brush wars.

Maybe once a lot of other things are ironed out we could have a Black Market to where we can sell arms to/buy arms from. We can buy off that market which would be costly as well as a costly upkeep but it would allow us to buy things we ordinarily cannot get.

We could sell nukes or chems to insurgents.

Think about it. You could be feeding both sides in the conflict so they beat the "arrgh the filter" out of each other while you keep improving your own economy to build up even further and then when the two are depleted you invade and conquer.
      Ain't Nothing But A Thing!
    • I don't want the game to turn into Conflict Against Insurgents: Annoying Wars, either, and I agree with the nerf, but having the insurgents stay just... doesn't happen. Look everywhere (in the real world) there's some sort of insurgency. Do the insurgents plan to move? Their objective is often just to spread their influence.
    • That is more or less my impression of the idea. Say X area goes rogue. They spread their influence and surrounding provinces may go rogue. Not necessarily rogue armies roaming around the map. If that would be the case their hp need to be seriously reduced. Like I said in the Balkans I was looking at half a dozen or so rogue cities. And 15+ units to boot? I can send a maxed out Infantry division in there but they will and have gotten mauled. So I end up pounding the city to death with CM and carpet bombing. What good is it then. I have had two provinces go rogue this operation. I am watching which ones say falling, rising, and stable.

Game I am playing right now I decimated this guys ability to mobilize. He quit and this city that has no buildings in it just mobilized a tank which is maxed btw. He did not drive it there because I have all the territory around it for miles and miles and miles. That is some cheeky voodoo Mr AI. Stealth tanks?
    • I think you should only be able to donate certain units. This is my idea of the list:

Motorized and Mechanized infantry
      CRVs, MBTs, and TDs
      Towed artillery and Mobile AA
      Helicopter Gunship
      No fixed-wing aircraft
      Corvette
      No submarines or missiles.

When they are donated, they immediately get a health and strength nerf, and revert to level 1 of each of their trees.

If a large group of spreading insurgents, I think they can become a country. There should be a list of names the devs create, and can even be region-specific.
    • I know. I just noticed two cities I just captured said 50% chance of insurgency yet I have 5 bn sitting in it. So regardless of how many you have in it it bases at 50%? That is a coin toss. I am looking at all my captured provinces and since my AirCav is stuck unable to expand the front till I build more airbases I am hopping them around to sit on "falling" provinces. I am trying to figure out why this one province is falling when all around it the provinces are rising. Everyone around it has neighboring morale in the negative single digits. It is -28.
    • I have seen where I cut off the retreat/path of an advancing enemy, and removing the units from the province, the player shelled and bombed the territory to get the morale to drop and then convert to him. It took 5 days instead of 5 minutes to advance his force there, but you could have some espionage going on there.
      "For what shall it profit a man, if he gain the whole world, and suffer the loss of his soul?" -