Increasing VP Option

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Increasing VP Option

So, I was just thinking about my past games and how I would have liked to have more VP for a longer game.
      I thought it would be pretty cool if there was an option while creating a new game that would allow you to increase the VP required for victor? or take the VP out completely if desired?
      Any thoughts?
    • Yes I have thoughts: how much would you be willing to pay for a game if we had said feature ?

The reason I ask is simple: having thousands of people playing your game for totally free, often playing solo, and on top unrestricted and without time limitation, using server space, causing traffic, requesting assurance and support: it does not make for a very compelling business case. So unless people are willing to somehow monetize in the mentioned setup (and mostly they don't right now) Dorado doesn't have a strong interest in offering precisely this service.

//G
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Germanico wrote:

Yes I have thoughts: how much would you be willing to pay for a game if we had said feature ?

The reason I ask is simple: having thousands of people playing your game for totally free, often playing solo, and on top unrestricted and without time limitation, using server space, causing traffic, requesting assurance and support: it does not make for a very compelling business case. So unless people are willing to somehow monetize in the mentioned setup (and mostly they don't right now) Dorado doesn't have a strong interest in offering precisely this service.

//G
      Im guessing adding some sort of an option under New Game to start a paid game would be hard to set up right? Sort of a game where you can increase the VP or take it out like i was saying but charging a monthly cost to whoever created it, and if the payments stop the game ends?
    • Hi Truffa et al,

in one of the last updates we decided to again increase the VPs after analyzing running games for a few days - taking the new system into account. After this we capped the VP's for the 45er map at 1500 instead the previous 1250.

Summing up I believe it is fair to say that there is a concrete demand for "unlimited" or "longer" games by the users - who in turn are willing to accept some form of payment such as the subscription costs as a starting condition.

Let me add this to the backlog and discuss it internally.

//G
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Ultima Online used to charge 10/USD a month and you were limited to X number of characters.

I do also notice that some players do not really do anything. I am curious. I am seeing players who are a month into it and it shows they are active but they have not taken one country. Or others who have taken just a few. We are talking AI counties as well. No one else is around them. I see them active everyday so I am wondering ... WTF are they doing all this time?
      Ain't Nothing But A Thing!