DOCTRINE OVERHAUL UPDATE 170628

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• DOCTRINE OVERHAUL UPDATE 170628

Dear Players,

In this week's release we have revised unit costs within each doctrine and equalized their cost along with some specific changes to units.
      In addition to this we have also have reviewed insurgencies and other fixes to enhance your experience playing the game.
      All of this and more can be seen in the change-log below.

A more detailed matrix of the changes to units can be found here

GENERAL
      • Reduced City sprawl graphics
      • Decreased base Insurgency chance in cities from 60% to 50%
      • increased the suppression factor of garrison/occupying forces vs insurgents in freshly conquered cities
      BALANCING
      Mechanized Infantry
      • European Doctrine
        • Increased Infantry damage from 4.8/7.2/9.6 to 5/8/10
        • Increased movement speed from 1.0/1.3 to 1.1/1.4
        • Equalized Production cost to match other doctrines
      Naval Infantry
      • Western Doctrine
        • Decreased Hit points from to 24/30/36 to 23/29/35
        • Increased movement speed from 1.0/1.3 to 1.1/1.4
      Main Battle Tank
      • Western Doctrine
        • +5% Attack and Defense in Desert and Jungle
      • Eastern Doctrine
        • Increased Hit points from 45/50/55/60 to 50/55/60/65
        • Increased Armored damage from 8/10/14 to 9/11.5/14
        • Increased speed from 1.0/1.3 to 1.1/1.4
      Tank Destroyer
      • European Doctrine
      Towed Artillery
      • Eastern Doctrine
        • Increased Armored damage from 1.5/2/2.5/3 to 2/2.5/3.5/4
      Mobile Artillery
      • European Doctrine
        • Decreased Hit points from 30/33/36/42 to 25/27/30/35
        • Increased Infantry damage from 4/5.5/7 to 5/6.5/8.5
      • Eastern Doctrine
        • Decreased Infantry Damage from 5/6.5/8.5 to 4/5.5/7
      Mobile Anti-Air Vehicle
      • European Doctrine
        • Increased Helicopter Damage from 5/6/7/8 to 6/7/8.5/9.5
      • Eastern Doctrine
        • Decreased Aircraft Damage from 5/6/7/8.5 to 4/5/6/7
        • Decreased Helicopter Damage from 6/7/8.5/9.5 to 5/6/7/8
      Attack Helicopter
      • Western Doctrine
      Air Superiority Fighter
      • Western Doctrine
        • Decreased Aircraft Damage from 6/12/18 to 5.5/11/16.5
        • Decreased Helicopter Damage from 9/12/18 to 8.5/11/16.5
        • Decreased View Range from 50 to 55
      Heavy Bomber
      • Western Doctrine
        • Decreased Hit points from 12/14/18/24 to 10/12/15/20
      Strike Fighter
      • European Doctrine
        • Increased View Range from 50 to 55
      Helicopter Gunship
      • Easter Doctrine
        • Increased View Range from 50 to 55
      Mobile SAM Launcher
      • All doctrines
        • Increased Missile damage from 6/7/8 to 8/9/10
      • Eastern Doctrine
        • Increased Aircraft Damage from 8/10/11 to 9.5/12/13
      Military Hospital
      • Removed Population Growth Speed-up
      • Introduced Morale Increase at 2.5/5/7.5/10/12.5
      BUGFIXES
      • Fixed bug where unranked games victory popup no longer displays gold winnings
      • Fixed bug where close market button not working after changing market tab
      • Fixed bug where Iran had wrong description on starting screen
      • Fixed bug with tutorial texts not fitting the screen on 1024x768 resolution
      • Fixed bug with Carrier upgrades granting no bonuses
      //Your CON Crew

Alphh
      Community Manager
      Conflict Of Nations | Dorado Games

The post was edited 2 times, last by Germanico ().

• Alphh wrote:

Mobile SAM Launcher
      • All doctrines
        • Increased Missile damage from 6/7/8 to 8/9/10
      • Eastern Doctrine
        • Increased Aircraft Damage from 8/10/11 to 9.5/12/13

Overall nice update, but this thing here is what drew my attention ^.

Increasing the missile damage will do absolutely nothing to counter cruise missiles. I can fire a "fodder" missile to feed the Mobile SAM before launching dozens of cruise missiles during that 59 minutes and 59 second window.

Also, I would understand boasting the Eastern TDS, but the Mobile sam and the shorter range tactical sams are not as impressive as the European made ones. Not a huge issue to be fair.
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • Germanico wrote:

... and there, good Sir, you are presumably in error ;)
      Increasing the anti-missile damage should have a very noticeable effect in layered air defenses.
      Please keep your eyes on this topic and see if it improves.

//G
      Not really, yes it will kill that "Fodder" Missile that is used to draw time from the AA in a more devistating fashion, but that timer still giving me a good while to kill everything in my way :P
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • The european tanks are now the badest tanks? Thats a bad joke. And very stupid the european mechanized infantry now is faster, but not the main battle tank. The eastern main battle tank is faster, but not the mechanized infantry.
      „Morgen, ihr Luschen!“ --- „Morgen, Chef!“ (Ausbilder Schmidt alias Holger Müller bei der Arbeit)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Seele07 ().

• Oceanhawk said: "yes it will kill that "Fodder" Missile that is used to draw time from the AA in a more devistating fashion, but that timer still giving me a good while to kill everything in my way"

Answer: it will kill that one missile but leave the other interlinking missile defense units ready to deal with the other incoming cruise missiles. So will you get free shots? No. Will defense be more effective? Yes.
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • A very nice update, that will ask time for us to really understand the gameplay meaning and what doors have been opened, and what walls have now a window
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Some things good, but some things make no sense. The eastern doctrin have a fast tank, but no infantry to follow the tank. And the european tanks are better than the most tanks from US or Russia. May be not as the T-14.
      „Morgen, ihr Luschen!“ --- „Morgen, Chef!“ (Ausbilder Schmidt alias Holger Müller bei der Arbeit)
    • Yes it is right, but for me it is crazy to make a good weapon bad. The most nations in the western world would have a Leopard 2.

Saudi Arabia has shown interest in buying the Leopard 2 since the 1980s. However, due to the political circumstances and the questionable situation of human rights in Saudi Arabia, no deal was made. Saudi Arabia renewed its intention of buying Leopard 2 tanks in 2011.[54] While earlier news reports suggested an interest in buying about 200 tanks, later reports revealed an increased order of 600 to 800 tanks.[54] The German government at first approved the deal, but canceled it later due to human rights concerns and Saudi Arabia's military intervention in Bahrain.[54][55]

The Leopard 2 Improved (Leopard 2A5 prototype) won the competition against the M1A2 Abrams and the French Leclerc, after intensive test from January 1994 to June 1994, the Swedish military opted for the Leopard 2.[42] The Swedish military also evaluated the Soviet T-80U tank, but separately from the other tanks. The Swedish military found the Leopard 2 Improved to meet the military demands by 90%.[42] The M1A2 only met the Swedish requirements by 86%, whereas the Leclerc met 63%. Sweden contracted on 20 June 1994 the production of 120 Stridsvagn 122 (Swedish Leopard 2A5 subversion) with many components being made locally. The first Stridsvagn 122 was delivered on 19 December 1996. Sweden also leased and later bought a total of 160 Leopard 2A4 tanks in 1994 and 1995, the first vehicle was delivered in February 1994.[42]

Thats the newest Leopard 2 variant: r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9mSs2…jH2ZAXVFEXHt86H_ngkei_Zg-
      Why here is the Leopard 2 so bad?

My suggestion: Leopard 2 = bonus in forrestal arreas 10% and the last level also +10% in Cities. And the tank must also have more speed. The Leopard 2 is a fast tank.
      estern doctrin = 10% in tundra. The russian vehicles are more spezialized in cold.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Seele07 ().

• Germanico wrote:

Oceanhawk said: "yes it will kill that "Fodder" Missile that is used to draw time from the AA in a more devistating fashion, but that timer still giving me a good while to kill everything in my way"

Answer: it will kill that one missile but leave the other interlinking missile defense units ready to deal with the other incoming cruise missiles. So will you get free shots? No. Will defense be more effective? Yes.
      I dont follow Im afraid

You saying you will need more than 1 missile defense unit?
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu
    • Yeah, it means basically "don't stack missile defense, do yourself a mail armor", and it's not bad actually. I had a situation of early mid where an opponent had little groups and a anti-missile defense composed of little groups of 1 SAM + 1 TDS. Some TDS were protecting each other through long range.

It made pretty harder for me to saturate them (it was early mid... I had 5 strike fighters, not 500 :p), but not impossible to overcome. Sacrifices were made to pass, and the risk was well balanced with the new missile range (i was forced to approach dangerously my forces from the range of TDS, as well as putting myself more in danger against my opponent AA fighters.

i agree with you that this remain a design problem that we can manipulate the AA rounds of those units in order to strike what we want, and we just "pay a toll", but hey, it's something :p.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.