Why isn't there an "Add Target" on aircraft?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Why isn't there an "Add Target" on aircraft?

I am finding it cumbersome to keep manually moving my Naval ASW planes to patrol a coastline (I would build more, but fuel is tight) but wonder why aircraft lack the "add target" button is absent. Any plane set to patrol, should have "add target" capability to continue a patrol path, like ground and naval units.
      "For what shall it profit a man, if he gain the whole world, and suffer the loss of his soul?" -
    • Me personally I would like that kind of a button because sometimes I want to transfer aircraft to a faraway city and they need to transfer to other airports to get there. But sometimes it wants to transfer to an unsafe airport so I have to direct it to a safe one, then wait for ages for it to land so I can tell it to go to the actual destination.
    • My guess is that aircraft have a variable like "home airport" and in the calculation of travel, it uses that x,y coordinates for travel pathing. I don't see why they can't use "current location" to calculate pathing. I have to admit I like it when there are 4 aircraft in a city I am approaching and when I engage in combat, they go to convoy and try to drive off. It would be more challenging if they either set them to patrol the city or fly off. But maybe there would be an exploit that if you just keep patroling and extending it out each time you could literally fly any where without landing. But the way to prevent that is to make sure the patrol destination is calculated from home airbase, but Move would be from current location and it's first stop would have to be an air base from its present range.
      "For what shall it profit a man, if he gain the whole world, and suffer the loss of his soul?" -
    • This could actually be a very good premium feature of automated patrol. "Patrol once here, then here, then here, then here"
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • MallahanJr wrote:

My guess is that aircraft have a variable like "home airport" and in the calculation of travel, it uses that x,y coordinates for travel pathing. I don't see why they can't use "current location" to calculate pathing. I have to admit I like it when there are 4 aircraft in a city I am approaching and when I engage in combat, they go to convoy and try to drive off. It would be more challenging if they either set them to patrol the city or fly off. But maybe there would be an exploit that if you just keep patroling and extending it out each time you could literally fly any where without landing. But the way to prevent that is to make sure the patrol destination is calculated from home airbase, but Move would be from current location and it's first stop would have to be an air base from its present range.
      Did you knock out the airbase by chance? I look for airbases and try to knock them all out before my ground troops cross the border. It is also why I do not keep any aircraft right on my border. I learned this last game as a better defense against enemy airpower when on the offensive. I came across cities with stacks of patrolling aircraft. Each city had 15+ aircraft circling. I cannot even attempt to fly an Air Cav Div in there or it gets mauled before it lands. 45+ enemy aircraft vs my 5 air superiority fighters. Hmmm. Strike looks for airbases and knocks them out. 5 air superiority engage one stack. All enemy craft go back to their airbases to refuel. Strike follows them and knocks out the airbase they went to. They are now on trucks heading to another airbase.
      Ain't Nothing But A Thing!