ANTI-AIRCRAFT UPDATE 170712

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• ANTI-AIRCRAFT UPDATE 170712

Dear Players,

In this week's edition we are delighted to present you with the revamped progression tree for Mobile Anti-Aircraft vehicles along with added bug fixes to enhance player to player interaction.
      See you on the battlefield!

New Models

WESTERN SELF-PROPELLED ANTI-AIR GUN UNIT PROGRESSION
      • M165 VADS
      • M247 Sergeant York
      • LAV-AD
      EASTERN SELF-PROPELLED ANTI-AIR GUN UNIT PROGRESSION
      • ZSU-57-2
      • ZSU-23-4 Shilka
      • 2K22 Tunguska
      EUROPEAN SELF-PROPELLED ANTI-AIR GUN UNIT PROGRESSION
      • Flakpanzer Gepard
      • Otomatic
      • Marksman AA
      Bug Fixes
      • Fixed bug where players were not being able to trade relations
      General Fixes
      • AI Military General now takes over covertly when player becomes inactive
      //Your CON Crew
      Alphh
      Community Manager
      Conflict Of Nations | Dorado Games

The post was edited 1 time, last by Alphh ().

• Lovely skins, looking Forward to seeing some naval skins soon :)
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • One suggestion for the european AA tank:
      Remove the 5% bonus in forrests and give them more HPs
      the european AA tanks are the heaviest AA tanks.
      Gepard 47,5 t
      Otomatic 46 t
      Marksman 41 t

ZSU 57-2: 28,1 t
      ZSU 23-4: 20,5 t
      Tunguska M-1:34 t

M163: 21,5 t
      Sergant York: 54 t
      LAV AD: 12,8 t

And also a radar with short range must all the AA tanks have. My suggestion radar range: 75
      „Morgen, ihr Luschen!“ --- „Morgen, Chef!“ (Ausbilder Schmidt alias Holger Müller bei der Arbeit)
    • Thanks for the link. Made our day here in the office.

So essentially they built an anti air vehicle that :

1) couldn't shoot straight
      2) couldn't correctly radar identify targets
      3) couldn't track targets due to slow traverse
      4) couldn't keep up with the armor it was supposed to protect

... well, that's so bad it's funny (one can only imagine Weinberger's facial expression when he saw the executive summary of the testing failure report).
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • AA units need some range , as they are now , the only reason people train it is to open SAM and TDS.
      Tier 1 Rang 5
      Tier 2 Range 15
      Tier 3 Range 25
      This would give people reason to train the AA units up , it would cover the area the size of a city and would not be getting into SAM range territory.
      AA Unit: "Look at the pretty helicopters flying overhead , not attacking me not my problem"
    • Germanico wrote:

If I chose 1 type of AA to face, this would be it. Such a shame it wasn't widely deployed...

But yeah, people only get AA to get SAM or TDS. That should change.
    • B-17 wrote:

Germanico wrote:

If I chose 1 type of AA to face, this would be it. Such a shame it wasn't widely deployed...
      But yeah, people only get AA to get SAM or TDS. That should change.
      With a small range, i'm sure i would use it more, in mid-game, as except the frigate, no unit can shoot helicopters from range :/
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Germanico wrote:

Thanks for the link. Made our day here in the office.

So essentially they built an anti air vehicle that :

... well, that's so bad it's funny (one can only imagine Weinberger's facial expression when he saw the executive summary of the testing failure report).
      I was 16Papa, short range missile crewman, and the Vulcans were 16Romeos. We were in the same training platoon. I wish I was there when the the turret during demonstrations turned to face the audience. I do not know what could keep up with the Abrams. We were on a 14 ton platform and at best 35 mph downhill. We though do not fire on the go but have to stop and setup. They had us moving with Abrams when I first got in. It was insane. Here I was 200 meters out in my Forward OP half way done digging my grave when the phone rings. Pack up, we are moving to a new location. That is why by end of the 80s they were looking at Humvee and Bradley configurations for short range SAM at least.
      Ain't Nothing But A Thing!
    • InfamousRanger wrote:

M165 VADS?

you mean M163 right?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M163_VADS
      Yeah, I let it slide. What do I know. Funny it says they were meant to compliment us but we never ran with them. When I was with the 1/68th we had two companies of Vulcans and 2 companies of Chaps. We setup up in our own area. Each of our companies had a platoon of Redeye but technically Stingers. We saw them. In 87 they pulled all the Chaps from 1st Cav and 2AD to make the first heavy ADA, 2/2. The last I saw of 16Romeo.

I think this is the important part of your link:
      "Eventually the M48 and M163 were both replaced in US service by the M1097 Avenger and the M6 Linebacker, a M2 Bradley with FIM-92 Stinger missiles instead of the standard TOW anti-tank missiles: the Stinger missile providing the necessary range to deal with helicopters with anti-tank missiles far out-ranging the 20 mm gun, as well as considerably extending the reach against fixed-wing targets.[4] The final US Army VADS equipped unit at Fort Riley Kansas completed turn in of its Vulcans in 1994."

I will have to look up the ADATS. When I left we were told we would be going to the Avenger or the ADATS and we were all hoping the Avenger. M48 crew drills sucked balls. Those sidewinders do not load themselves. ADATS was said to be on a Bradley body and be Air Defense Anti Tank system which meant running with M1s again. Avenger meant being in a warn Humvee not having to spend hours cleaning a fully tracked vehicle etc. It did not do well on tests either and an M113 body as well? Well you are deader than a MF if you run with M1s. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Defense_Anti-Tank_System
      Ain't Nothing But A Thing!
    • Are there any players here who choose to use Point Defense AA over SAM's after early game to protect advancing forces? I have chosen SAM's every time due to their ability to engage missiles. I would love to hear anyone's stories or opinions/strategies for mobile air defense for advancing forces if they have the time. I've noticed that both SAM's and AA point defense move at the same speeds in open terrain
    • What you would have a point defense AA with you for is they can attack helicopters, unlike SAMs and TDS. If someone attacks you with a helicopter and you only have a SAM to protect your men they are screwed. However you would still want to have a SAM with your men for the above mentioned missile defense.