New Millennium Roleplay!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New Millennium Roleplay!

Greetings all the fellow Conflict of Nations players.

Today, Im bringing the New Millennium RP here to CoN. We started this Roleplay over in CoW however when CoN came out, we decided to bring it here and start again.

Originally Created by - Vex03

Currently Administered by - Bacon230

Helper Moderator- Oceanhawk

Special thks to Kisenairyou

The RP is a realistic RP, nations are allowed to follow their own course and dont have to repeat history, however are expected to act realistic and reasonable. Each nation will be given a tech tree, this tech tree decides what units nations make make. It is based of what they can produce at home.( For the sake of the RP, there are a few cases where the nation may be granted to build a unit they may not build IRL, because they co - produce the unit, EG Australia work in the construction of the F-18s hence we are giving them the ability to make them). Otherwise here is an outline of the main rules and RP notices

• Everyday = 1 month in-game
      • No land grabbing

Definition of land grabbing:

"Landgrabbing" is something that all RPers hate. It's pretty much just invading a nation for no reason at all except for land. For example, if say France were to attack the UK and invade them just because they wanted the UK's land, that'd be land grabbing. You must have a reason for war, which preferably you will build up over a few days at least. However mass expansion is not advised, considering the time period, the days of large scale invasions are more or less over.

• No trolling
      • Must post in the news paper every day if a major nation, and at least every two days if a minor nation
      • No Gold use, we promote equal game-play experience income set aside.
      • Must make all decisions based off a reasonable decision your country would make in real life during that time period.
      • AI’s will not be attacked. You may also not attack through AI nations, unless other nations have troops in AI nation
      • NO “FIGHTING TO DEATH”, if you feel like you've lost the war, you must surrender and comply to the demands of the country who was victorious.
      • Do not escalate situations fast for conflict.
      • Nuclear and Chemical weapons of any kind may not be bought and sold or traded

Nations
      Canada - Taken Bacon230.
      United States. - Taken Oceanhawk
      Mexico - Taken Web 4

Colombia. - Free
      Brazil. - Taken Kisen
      Argentina. - Taken Ben Cortez

United Kingdom - Taken Lordasher
      France.- Taken crazymasster
      Germany - Taken CathalM

Italy. - Free
      Sweden. - Free
      Poland. - Free

Algeria. -Taken Phantom Night
      Egypt. - Free
      Congo. - Free

South Africa. - Taken Draza
      Russia. - Taken Vex

Turkey. - Free
      Saudi Arabia. - Taken Piemations
      Iran. - Taken WW2 History
      India. - Taken John Pete
      China. - Taken Valdrin
      Japan. - Agrael
      Vietnam. - Taken - Dr. Leipreachán

Indonesia. - Free
      Australia. - Taken Milkshakedude

Tech tree
      Please note, that all nations currently picked have been done and the unpicked nations are still being worked on. If you pick your nation, that nations tech tree will be moved to first on the list and should be added shortly after

docs.google.com/document/d/1yE…BkCMTW0k/edit?usp=sharing

To apply

Required *

*Player Name:

*Country you wish to play as:

*Have you played RP games before? In Other bytro games such as CoW, S1914

*I agree to comply with all current and future rules: (Yes/No)

*I will make decisions true to the country I have selected (Yes/No)

*I agree to stay active through all events in the game: (Yes/No)

*I agree to stay in character at all times: (Yes/No)

*I understand all current (and future) information of this forum post: (Yes/No)

Question: (Yes, ask it/No!)

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu

The post was edited 1 time, last by Oceanhawk ().

• *Player Name:

Agrael-

Japan

No

Yes
      Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes
      Question: (Yes, ask it/No!)
    • Required *

*Player Name: me

*Country you wish to play as: korea

*Have you played RP games before? In Other bytro games such as CoW, S1914 yeah in 1914, COW and now here.

*I agree to comply with all current and future rules: (Yes/No) yes except for the non AI attack, in this game it seems very necessary to attack atleast 1 or 2 due to resource differences between this game and COW, I agree to it for this round but I think we should discuss it.

*I will make decisions true to the country I have selected (Yes/No) yup

*I agree to stay active through all events in the game: (Yes/No) ofcourse

*I agree to stay in character at all times: (Yes/No) Y

*I understand all current (and future) information of this forum post: (Yes/No) omg.. no, im braindead :p

Question: (Yes, ask it/No!) Do you understand the AI/resource issue I mentioned before?
      - Give me a lever long enough, and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world -
    • *Player Name: benitocortez

*Country you wish to play as: Germany-Argentina (Germany belongs to the rule of posting everyday in the newspaper? If that's the case I prefer Argentina)

*Have you played RP games before? In Other bytro games such as CoW, S1914: Yes, both. And I participated in RP games in S1914, althought I think I haven't in CoW

*I agree to comply with all current and future rules: Yes

*I will make decisions true to the country I have selected Yes

*I agree to stay active through all events in the game: Yes

*I agree to stay in character at all times: Yes

*I understand all current (and future) information of this forum post: Yes

Question: Yes, ask it!, In what year will we begin the RP? Will there be a functioning UN voting and Security Council?
    • Required *

*Player Name: Germanicolaus

*Country you wish to play as: Germany

*Have you played RP games before? Indeed

*I will make decisions true to the country I have selected: Yes

Question: How are we treating alliances/pacts - are some of the players already allied or is it strictly ingame? And how will we deal with the use of WMDs - how about we auto embargo anyone who uses these weapons?
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf

The post was edited 2 times, last by Germanico ().

• Germanico wrote:

Required *

*Player Name: Germanicolaus

*Country you wish to play as: Germany

*Have you played RP games before? Indeed

*I will make decisions true to the country I have selected: Yes

Question: How are we treating alliances/pacts - are some of the players already allied or is it strictly ingame? And how will we deal with the use of WMDs - how about we auto embargo anyone who uses these weapons?
      Accepted,but Germany is already taken at the moment,so you can pick any other available nation. :) Alliances such as NATO,The Commonwealth,Brics,and possibly CSTO are being represented.You are allowed to leave those alliances VIA roleplay.The Use of Nuclear/Chemical weapons has not been discussed in much detail,but for now the use of said weapons would be brought to the UNSC and action would be taken from there.

benitocortez wrote:

*Player Name: benitocortez

*Country you wish to play as: Germany-Argentina (Germany belongs to the rule of posting everyday in the newspaper? If that's the case I prefer Argentina)

*Have you played RP games before? In Other bytro games such as CoW, S1914: Yes, both. And I participated in RP games in S1914, althought I think I haven't in CoW

Question: Yes, ask it!, In what year will we begin the RP? Will there be a functioning UN voting and Security Council?

Accepted! :) You will still be required to post an artcle every 2-3 days,however.The RP is currently in its 4th day,meaning it's April 2002.The UNSC is represented in the game,and some issues are voted apon by all players VIA Strawpoll.

IshXIII wrote:

Required *

*Player Name: me

*Country you wish to play as: korea

*Have you played RP games before? In Other bytro games such as CoW, S1914 yeah in 1914, COW and now here.

*I agree to comply with all current and future rules: (Yes/No) yes except for the non AI attack, in this game it seems very necessary to attack atleast 1 or 2 due to resource differences between this game and COW, I agree to it for this round but I think we should discuss it.

*I will make decisions true to the country I have selected (Yes/No) yup

*I agree to stay active through all events in the game: (Yes/No) ofcourse

*I agree to stay in character at all times: (Yes/No) Y

*I understand all current (and future) information of this forum post: (Yes/No) omg.. no, im braindead :P

Question: (Yes, ask it/No!) Do you understand the AI/resource issue I mentioned before?
      Accepted.Sadly,Korea s not a playable nation in the game :( ,so pick any other playable Nation and you're good to go.From what I understand is that you're asking if we're allowed to attack AI for resources,right? If so attacking the AI is limited in this game. If you do a heavy enough amount of RolePlaying you can manage to take around one or two provinces from a specific AI. Also,the playable nations AI's have been going to war with other AIs in the game,so players are allowed to RolePlay intervening economicly or militarly in those conflicts.

I'd just like to let y'all know that there is a Discord for this RP. It helps greatly and is very useful for RPs. I will send the Discord info along with the Game info.So i'll send info to you guys once a playable nation is picked :)
      "I know not what weapons WW3 will be fought, but WW4 will be fought with sticks & stones."
      -Einstein
      "Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind."
      -Kennedy
      "There's a plot in this country to enslave every man, woman and child. Before I leave this high and noble office I intend to expose this plot."
      -Kennedy,week before his asassanation
    • In case you all are wondering what nations are currently playable,here is an updated list:

Columbia=Free
      Italy=Free
      Sweden=Free
      Poland=Free
      Egypt=Free
      Turkey=Free
      Indonesia=Free
      "I know not what weapons WW3 will be fought, but WW4 will be fought with sticks & stones."
      -Einstein
      -Kennedy
      "There's a plot in this country to enslave every man, woman and child. Before I leave this high and noble office I intend to expose this plot."

The post was edited 1 time, last by Bacon230 ().

• IshXIII wrote:

hi, i knew korea was not playable, i chose vietnam, i editerd the OP, but seems it didnt go trough, soz. Will you be sending me the password and map number please?
      Vietnam has just been taken Im afraid

Personally, I think Indoneasia would be interesting :P
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • Hello. Although I have not had as much experience with RP in games such as this, I have experience with Supremacy 1914, and I have a grasp of the differences between that game and this one.

*Player Name:
      MarzSwankstir

Sweden

No, I have not. However, I know what it entails, and I would like to gain experience. This seems as good a place as any to start.

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Thank you for your consideration.

Edit: Also, a list of which nations are considered major vs. minor would be nice. Thanks!
      In war, truth is the first casualty.
      -Aeschylus
    • Germanico wrote:

If Germany is taken - then pls assign me to Italy.

//Germanico
      Info being sent.

Marz wrote:

Hello. Although I have not had as much experience with RP in games such as this, I have experience with Supremacy 1914, and I have a grasp of the differences between that game and this one.

*Player Name:
      MarzSwankstir

Sweden

No, I have not. However, I know what it entails, and I would like to gain experience. This seems as good a place as any to start.

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Thank you for your consideration.

Edit: Also, a list of which nations are considered major vs. minor would be nice. Thanks!

Accepted. :) We're always looking for new players,as you need to start somewhere,right? :) In the game the powers are as follows:

Huge Power/Superpower: USA,Russia,China
      Major Power:UK,France,India,Brazil,Germany
      Medium Powers:Canada,Australia,South Africa,Japan,Iran,Saudi Arabia,Italy,Turkey,Indonesia
      Minor Powers:Argentina,Vietnam,Sweden,Poland,Congo
      -By the way that's just a rough draft from the top of my head,so it may not be entirely accurate.
      Sending info. :)
      -Einstein
      -Kennedy
    • Oceanhawk wrote:

*Player Name: Dx Calcium

*Country you wish to play as: Egypt

*Have you played RP games before? In Other bytro games such as CoW, S1914: no

*I agree to comply with all current and future rules: (Yes/No); y

*I will make decisions true to the country I have selected (Yes/No): y

*I agree to stay active through all events in the game: (Yes/No): y

*I agree to stay in character at all times: (Yes/No): y

*I understand all current (and future) information of this forum post: (Yes/No): That is not possible to know.
      -danny
    • DxC wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

*Player Name: Dx Calcium

*Country you wish to play as: Egypt

*Have you played RP games before? In Other bytro games such as CoW, S1914: no

*I agree to comply with all current and future rules: (Yes/No); y

*I will make decisions true to the country I have selected (Yes/No): y

*I agree to stay active through all events in the game: (Yes/No): y

*I agree to stay in character at all times: (Yes/No): y

*I understand all current (and future) information of this forum post: (Yes/No): That is not possible to know.

Accepted :) . The Game and Discord info will be sent to you. P.S,you have a point on the last rule. :)
      -Einstein
      -Kennedy
    • *Player Name: Rick Wong

*Country you wish to play as: Republic of Indonesia

*Have you played RP games before? I'am a veteran of Supremacy 1914 (currently in Imperialis Dominationis and Turk's 1860)

*I understand all current (and future) information of this forum post: Yes.