Rouge State just to vent one more time

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Rouge State just to vent one more time

Rouge state has totally ruined, ruined this game. I am finally getting to the last of the rouge pile and there are 2 cities with insurgents at 120 and 131 ......... are you kidding me this isnt even realistic and 2 star marine units battling them. I will lose this game because of the total out of control rouge state and morale and the time I had to devote to this.

these rouge factions should be no where near being able to take on a marine unit, I hope you have this corrected, I like the game but this will make me stop playn
  • Hi Bohemianation,
    As with every thread about assumed bugs etc. we always require to state gameID, in-game name and a screenshot, but since I was following your case for a while and I have some.

Bohemianation wrote:

2 cities with insurgents at 120 and 131
    I viewed your games and couldn't find any massive stack of insurgents in any of them. The biggest I have found was 5 (and there was only a single one like that) and a 4 (only one as well), rest of them was just single insurgent in a stack, here in there. I assume that you're referring to stacks of insurgents with 120 and 131 HP. (that would be stack of 4 and stack of 5 respectively) The maths add up there, and from what I see, that situation is entirely possible. I won't go into very specific details how this happened, but essentially, bombarding cities to 7% morale won't really help. I might suggest using helicopters or Naval Infantry to eliminate insurgents without pounding city morale to ashes. I have contacted you previously on that matter and still waiting for a response :)
  • Yes, it looks like a "necrosed" situation.

Basically, the more you let ISIS grow, the worst it becomes :D.

In fact, i nearly regret that insurgents don't get equipment and become agressive with the days passing without the civilised nations acting :D
    Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
  • In what way have the ruined the game? By making you need to manage more than just advancing?

Insurgents are easy to handle mate, wanna know how? 3 Heli gunships, simple.

3/1 Advantage, and gunships will just rip through them. No need to upgrade them either, 3 level 1s will sure do the job.

More advice? I should charge consultation fee's for this.

AI = Slow advance and tackle Insurgents as you advance
    Player = Fast Advance and forget about Insurgents until you have defeated your human opponent. ( Course exceptions for airbases and air corridors etc)
    The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
    - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
    - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
    - Sun Tzu
  • We have identified the occupied provinces of aggressive player nations as the main culprit of the recent insurgency renaissance.
    What happened was that due to the negative morale modifiers the insurgency chance in provinces became increasingly high - up to a 20% max.
    If you do the math and consider that some players had dozens of provinces on very low morale (smaller 10) the resulting surge in insurgencies is explicable (but not fun).

To correct this situation we adjusted the max spawn rate to 1 insurgent per insurgency event (used to be 3).
    We also changed the target morale for provinces and reduced the war penalty accordingly.
    Additionally we today capped the spawn chance of insurgents to max 3% in provinces and 50% in cities.
    So no matter how bad you now behave, the chances will not go below/beyond these values.

This shifts the insurgency emphasis back into the realm of the cities, where we wanted them to be in the first place.
    Additionally we are planning to make insurgents mobile in a future update - albeit only on new maps where the situation can to be contained by players from day 1 (otherwise maps would experience an insurgycalypse).

//G
    "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
  • Oceanhawk in this way

Its not realistic for one

this wasnt a few cities or areas poping up but 10+

You want to make this realistic then there should be insurgents forces at a level of 10 max not 30+ and they shouldnt be able to defeat a top rated marine unit

just make more realistic, I understand the reason its there but in this game it was out of control. Having just won a game recently as Brazil and not having even close to 1/4 of the insurgent issues as I had in this game.
  • A group of insurgents should not be able to hold out against one good player unit. Then please allow me the question: If not - why have them in the first place?

Insurgents are not a ragtag bunch of hooligans. They usually consist of former military who cannot accept defeat or simply see no other alternative, yet still have their network and access to military grade weapons.

Now this doesn't mean we want to spam you with insurgents till kingdom come. That's why we rebalanced the spawn rates and it should have become noticeably better.

//G
    "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
  • I think it would go a long way if the civilian penalty dropped by -1 every day.
    This way, the penalty will be high for a week or so after each big battle. But it wont linger on forever.
    Sort of a win for both sides of the debate.

They say it does drop off. If this is true, it drops off by such a small amount that it can't be observed within a 30 day time frame.
  • Its not that damn hard, just have a pair of heli gunships and your laughing. I love having them in the game, they add a bit of diversity and make you have to manage moral etc.

Just learn to handle them, they are not that difficult!
    The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
    - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
    - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
    - Sun Tzu