Japan

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• To more correctly represent Japan's size and strength of economy, would it not be a good idea to add Yokohama as a city (It is after all the second largest city in Japan); with a L2 harbour and either fuel or rare materials and a level 6 population. Also make Okinawa a city too ?

Resources in general, and Supplies particularly are way below realistic levels.

The Kuril Islands which in real life are Japanese but occupied byRussia really need VP of 1 to make them worth the effort for Japan to take them back.

On a more general level, can it be made possible to develop provinces into cities with resources to expand growth/militaery development?
    • It is the same with Germany. This is also not a strength economy nation in this game and have more borders than Japan :D
      And a develop into city would not coming. This game is so created, that you cant produce and dont have resources in every province.
      „Morgen, ihr Luschen!“ --- „Morgen, Chef!“ (Ausbilder Schmidt alias Holger Müller bei der Arbeit)
    • But Okinawa had 1 Army Base, 1 Air Force base (Kadena) and 3 Marine Bases that the 3rd FSSG is out of (that I remember). It's where they dumped agent orange too, just north of Naha. Naha was a major port with tons of international ships. Back in 1985. When I flew through Guam to get to Hawaii, the runways were filled with B-52's. If you google earth it, I think they only have 5 B-52s showing. To get on the ships, we would be taken to a beach where the landing craft would come and we would load up on them and enter the backs of the ships that lowered and took on water, once in they would pump the water out, we would walk up ramps and stairs to get to our quarters below deck.
      "For what shall it profit a man, if he gain the whole world, and suffer the loss of his soul?" -
    • And I reiterate: we don't balance the map for economical, military or demographic realism. We are not a sim and don't pretend to be - we are a sandbox grand strategy game: Asking us about realistic setup of population numbers is about as likely to happen as having Axis and Allies represent correct TO&E for the German Eastern Front.

This being said we are working on some substantial economical balancing and feature changes resulting in more resources at the players disposal.

//G
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf