Artillery balancing

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Artillery balancing

I think the artillery can more balanced.
      The towed artillery and the mechanized artillery must have a little bit more power. These units are in the moment not very useful.
      My suggestion is 1 more power.

the rocket launcher must have more attack power against tanks. After 2.WW these weapon get special missles against tanks. The MARS System was specalized against tanks = anti tank mines.
      My Suggestion: More firepower and more firepower against tanks than against infantry

Also the 3 tier european doctrin must be MARS II not LRSVM Morava.
      In April 2011, the first modernized MLRS II and M31 GMLRS rocket were handed over to the German Army's Artillery School in Idar Oberstein. The German Army operates the M31 rocket up to a range of 90 km.[17]
      MARS II is one of the best rocket launch systems. German Bundeswehr, british army, french army, italy army have upgraded to GMLRS standard
      Morava is a serbia system and Serbia is east doctrin not europe.
      „Morgen, ihr Luschen!“ --- „Morgen, Chef!“ (Ausbilder Schmidt alias Holger Müller bei der Arbeit)
    • Seele07 wrote:

I think the artillery can more balanced.
      The towed artillery and the mechanized artillery must have a little bit more power. These units are in the moment not very useful.
      My suggestion is 1 more power.

the rocket launcher must have more attack power against tanks.
      I completely agree. Artillery feels under-powered and kind of useless. Improving the damage stats would make me more tempted to actually use artillery.
    • Disagree, towed artillery is very cheap. And very usefull against AI. If towed artillery would have more power it would be OP. If other artsystem would have more power they would outsource towed artillery to much. Also selfpropelled artsystems and MRL's are little beat weak, but it give ballance to towed artsystem. We dont need more power for towed artillery, cause it would be OP.
      And towed artillery has smallest range, also another disadvantage against MRL's and SPA's, also MRL and SPA dont need a power buff too.
    • Last warrior wrote:

Disagree, towed artillery is very cheap. And very usefull against AI. If towed artillery would have more power it would be OP. If other artsystem would have more power they would outsource towed artillery to much. Also selfpropelled artsystems and MRL's are little beat weak, but it give ballance to towed artsystem. We dont need more power for towed artillery, cause it would be OP.
      And towed artillery has smallest range, also another disadvantage against MRL's and SPA's, also MRL and SPA dont need a power buff too.
      I agree that balancing out one artillery unit would upset the balance with the other 2. But in comparison to other firesupport units, namely gunships, Strike Fighters, Bombers, Warships. Artillery isn't worth it's value with it's current damage stats.

Increase the towed artillery Inf Atk and Def stat by 0.5.
      A level 7 towed artillery Inf Atk stat 3.5-4
      A level 7 towed artillery Inf Def stat 2-2.5

Increase the defensive inf and armor stats of the mobile artillery by 1.
      Mobile Artillery lv.7 Inf Def stat 3-4
      Mobile Artillery lv.7 Armor Def stat 2-3

Increase the Armor Atk stat by 1.5 for the MRLS
      MRLS lv.7 Armor Atk stat 5-6.5

I don't get how a minor stat modification such as the ones I suggested will make Artillery Op when Artillery seems under powered in comparison to most other ground units in terms of damage.

It's worth noting that a Lv.6 Cruiser has the following Damage Stats:
      Inf Atk 5 (Just one short of the Lv.7 mobile artillery)
      Armor Atk 4 (Same as mobile artillery)
      also has 25 more range than Mobile Artillery.

Why I point this out. Because a typical cruiser has one or two Naval guns. A mobile Artillery Unit represents a regiment of SPGs (More guns equals more firepower). These Stats don't really reflect reality. You would need a couple of warships to bring the same kind of gunnery firepower a SPG regiment can bring to bare. Especially since post world war 2 warships have favored lower caliber Naval Guns.
    • Or the towed artillery must have only 0,5 point more.But the other can have 1 point and the rocket launcher must have more power against tanks than infantry.

By the helicopter we have also this system. One against infantry, one against tanks
      „Morgen, ihr Luschen!“ --- „Morgen, Chef!“ (Ausbilder Schmidt alias Holger Müller bei der Arbeit)
    • You should note that artillery has less HP, and each shot kills more% of total hp. And improvement brings highest percentage increase of base HP.
      With amount of ressource, espesially manpower (and since we dont have next update with lowering manpower cost of anexing city, player can be out of manpower). Also for same amount of ressource and manpower you have more militar units of towed artillery, which definitivly would kill unranged enemy if enemy attack without airsuperioty and artillery user is online. And fight versus AI is towed artillery usefull even with 0.1 power of damage: use it for luring AI troops out of town, then kill them with other troops, point. Fat POINT.
      If towed artillery user attack a target who is not online, it is already huge advantage.

Like i said: there are not need of buff for towed artillery. And SPA of european doktrin are already powerfull enough without any buff. MLR's with their range and HP don't need buff too.

Reinforcement (buff) may result in excessive use or artillery, what would disadvantage player with less online time.
    • I love using arties, and I must say, they are perfect, every one and each of them. Absolutely no buff needed. They ravage other units. Combine some good AA with them in a different stack and have some infantry/armor next to them, they will be doing lots and lots of dammagge, MLRS is superb. But mobile arties are as well as you can fly them together with airborne. Due to that ability they should definitely not be buffed. All arties are perfect just the way they are is my opinion.
      - Give me a lever long enough, and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world -
    • I think the high costs in supplies for mot. artillery is a resaon why player dont build artillery. The towed artillery has a normal price, but the mot artillery is very expencive, because supplies is a resource that often need for other things. My suggestion: Changed the cost only for mot artillery from supplies to components. Normal for tanks also we have component costs and the mot. artillery are artillery tanks.
    • Eternus wrote:

Lord Aodhan wrote:

Artillery isn't worth it's value with it's current damage stats.
      nah, it's ok, problem is - price. As for me it has more sense to use air force than artillery - cost/effectiveness. What I miss in towed art. is using it as coastal art. Range is just not good enough to do that fast enough.
      No arty is good because air force can take damages or be intercepted. Artillery is good to preserve your air forces.
      Frexit
    • every unit has its role on the modern battlefield. But price/effectiveness here prevents me from making many artys (mobile ofc). I could say: arty can be bombed, destroyed by missiles etc. But what is the point to prove superiority one over another? My style is to strike fast and overwhelming (I don't need to preserve my airforces - there are calculated looses), even mobile arty can't provide me with enough speed. Now with that prices of mobile arty? Forget man. But please people, build it, build it a lot - it will be easier for me and other like me to win :D One proven pro_s of mobile arty is using it for offline defence purposes (especially against naval invasion).

PS changing price of mobile arty from supplies to components would have opposite effect - comp. are needed for many important units, better option would be to divide it between supplies and components (perhaps more of them than supp.).

PSS

The message contains censored words: pro_s What the hell is that?
    • Let me just add in one thing. Some people are really treating this game like a game, I wish that it was treated more like a simulation. I think artillery should be more powerful, maybe not so much against armour but definately against infantry.
      Let me put things into perspective, a M67 grenade weighs 14 oz (400 g) and has a kill zone of 5 metres (16 ft). A M107 High Explosive projectile weighs 41.86 kilograms (92.3 lb), think about that for a second.
      I seriously think that more power is needed.
    • They have changed the rocket launcher. Now this unit have more power against tanks. also they changed the costs from supplies to components. I think that was a good update and now the artillery is good.