Latest Update

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Originally we intended to give a longer cooldown on target for Airborne. We might revisit this and reduce loading times if found lacking.It will not be seconds though - that was abusable.

The topic of AA and ranges is another one, but is handled separately - as there are actual bugs and performance issues involved.
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Ok, so for now, we test, we test, and we'll say how we think it's improvable, without getting back to the "look at me mom i can eat a country in four hours" situation, and keeping the airborn as a quick task force
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Germanico wrote:

@Liqter: no, it doesn't break the game. At least not for us. Of course you can still use Airborne - they are just not the "auto-goto" units any longer. Learn how to play with the new feature then get back with feedback.

@Rasczak: of course they fight. They even conquer if not opposed - but while doing so they are on a cooldown. If we playtest and find its too long and opposing players can actually catch up with them in less time - perfect. Then we reduce it to say 45 mins or such. If you want quick units there are the Special Forces as well...
      THIS IS JUST WHAT WE DON'T NEED MORE WASTED TIME WAITING AND WAITING, IT MAY NOT BREAK THE GAME FOR YOU BUT IT BREAKS THE GAME FOR THOSE OF US THAT WORK DURING THE DAY AND DON'T HAVE HOURS OF HELL WAITING. OH, Germanico YOU TALKED ABOUT THE TIME FOR AIRBORNE OFFLOADING IF YOU TAKE THAT MUCH TIME IN REAL LIFE TO UNLOAD YOU ARE DEAD 30 SEC. FROM TOUCH TO LIFTOFF AND THEY ARE IN THE FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN SEE THE LOAD TIME BUT NOT THE UNLOAD TIME
    • This update doesn't solve anything. It only will encourage players to either quit out of boredom or mass build Airborne and just send them ALL out to every territory within range simultaneously. You can feasibly take over a country within days this way. Just about the only way to completely avoid this is to just eliminate all Airborne from existence.

On a seperate issue, why even update the game at all when more often than not, the result is to take away most players enjoyment? Most of the last few updates have not enhanced the game but rather driven more and more players away. There is really only a handful that play a server past day 5 on any server I've been on. More often than not I am only competing with 1 player past 2 weeks. What is the real issue you are trying to solve? If you are going for realism vs enjoyment, you are going to completely lose your player base. With each update, I find myself asking more frequently, is this game even worth my time? Give me (and others like me) a real reason to stay...keep this game fun-stop fixing things that aren't broken and that most people actually don't mind. Giving players a challenge and keeping them happy usually keeps a game growing.
    • Well it is what it is I guess. 1 hr seems really long. I use a lot of Air Cav but they are fill in the gaps. I use them both offensively and defensively as once I used them to halt an over stack of tanks. My Air Cav have big balls. So I guess this new time might take them the extra time to load their balls but anyway it stopped the tanks and this allowed my Strike to blow them to ....

I usually max out my Air Cav but as I said I actually have far more moto on the board who move to capture cities etc. Air Cav allows me to not have to take days to finish campaigns. Many times advancements get stalled till airbases and/or cities get annexed and an airbase built. That alone can mean a stalled advancement for another day.

In my Iranian game I lost a whole division, 5 bn, jumping into a city. Turkey had a plethora of pinatas on patrol over several cities. Not much I can do once they are ... well airborne. I lose a lot of them as well as they often land into a hot LZ. At the end of a campaign some might be down to 2 bn or even 1. That means a lull between the next campaign as I am rebuilding them and able to move IDs off of annexed cities.

Even with the speed of air assault we still have morale issues of annexing cities and provinces from going rogue on us. First game was 96 days and the second 46. I used Air Cav in both but I would not call those games rushes. I am on everyday. I have not seen anyone doing these massive rushes. This game I abandoned on Day 2 that I am revisiting is on Day 137 now, Lead guy is 926/1000. What is this guy doing? Is he constipated? He is on everyday. He has Argentina and controls the whole of South America. He just now invaded Florida. So what the hell is he taking so long to do? He is highly ranked so I am assuming an experienced player?

As I said it is what it is. I am watching two Air Cav divisions sitting on some Philippine island waiting their hour to leap to the main island as Marines are all waiting to embark to their next island.

What are SpecFor supposed to do? I saw them mentioned. They can't take territory so ok they get 15 minutes, and? Can they cross borders without causing wars? Last time I tried it said I was declaring war so I use UAVs for stealth scouting. So is the point to have the SpecFor go in and do a sweep and clear/search and destroy before the Air Cav get there to capture the province?
      Ain't Nothing But A Thing!
    • @DevinMacGregor Special Forces are good infantry killers. After CMs got way nerfed I now send them ahead of my cap units to sweep the path clear of infantry. To be sure they arent going to land in a mess they cant get out of I scout ahead with aircraft. I still use CMs, but mostly only for armor. If I see a stack I need cleaned up fast I use ballistic missiles.
    • Esuorbiroc wrote:

This update doesn't solve anything. It only will encourage players to either quit out of boredom or mass build Airborne and just send them ALL out to every territory within range simultaneously. You can feasibly take over a country within days this way. Just about the only way to completely avoid this is to just eliminate all Airborne from existence.

On a seperate issue, why even update the game at all when more often than not, the result is to take away most players enjoyment? Most of the last few updates have not enhanced the game but rather driven more and more players away. There is really only a handful that play a server past day 5 on any server I've been on. More often than not I am only competing with 1 player past 2 weeks. What is the real issue you are trying to solve? If you are going for realism vs enjoyment, you are going to completely lose your player base. With each update, I find myself asking more frequently, is this game even worth my time? Give me (and others like me) a real reason to stay...keep this game fun-stop fixing things that aren't broken and that most people actually don't mind. Giving players a challenge and keeping them happy usually keeps a game growing.
      This. I had set up my forces to invade some country, and then I come across this update. Now I don't care about my games anymore, the excitement is gone. I had high hopes for this game in the beginning, but I read the devs posts a little more carefully, and now I
      know that things are only going to get worse. So I ask myself, why bother with this game, when the rules of the game change all of the time? And now my dilemma is, do I finish my games, or do I become another lame inactive?
    • tinydragon303 wrote:

@DevinMacGregor Special Forces are good infantry killers. After CMs got way nerfed I now send them ahead of my cap units to sweep the path clear of infantry. To be sure they arent going to land in a mess they cant get out of I scout ahead with aircraft. I still use CMs, but mostly only for armor. If I see a stack I need cleaned up fast I use ballistic missiles.
      I am a firm believer in Air Support. I had 5 helo wings in the 96 day game and 3 in the 46 day game. I had to build an Angolan one since I could not fly them over from South America. I had 2 Strike wings plus 4 Naval Strike wings 96 day game and this 46 day game I had 5 strike wings with 4 or 5 squadrons each. I had two conventional bomber wings and 2 stealth bomber wings in the 96 day game and the 46 2 conventional wings of 5 bombers each. I had built two stealth strike in the latter game but never got to use them. I still use a lot of CMs. They take out airbases and other bases as well as all armor.

Nonetheless that does not mean your Air Cav cannot fight. Mine fight pretty well. They are vulnerable though. I rush to make sure my AM and Moto are maxed first. With the 1 hr timer though it still leaves the question of since you will take a hit on the way down will you be taking another before you even get to do anything? Since combat rounds are 1 hr.
      Ain't Nothing But A Thing!
    • Seele07 wrote:

Now all updates for airmobile inf. are for waste. For what I need a good airmobile inf.? If they need 1 h before they can fight. Or can they fight an disembarke?
      Yes.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • I know that air cav can fight but I try to only do that when all other options have been exhausted. I like to handle things at arms length by using long range weapons first. If I exhaust those or they are unavailable and I need to move fast then I will use the air cav to actually attack, not just possess.
    • Still, complains about the loading times especially are heared and reviewed. It's on the other end of the pointy stick that it's... well, pointy