Latest Update

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Well my questions was that with the new time does this mean my AM units will now face two attacks before they can do anything? The combat timer is 1 hr.

As is before the update my AM would land in a hot LZs and take damage then be stuck in combat. Sometimes this meant losing a battalion on landing. Now that I have to disembark for 1 hr upon landing the question remains ... does this mean I am going to suffer two attacks before I disembark?

It kind of is important question because it means changing tactics. I already run them in 5bn stacks so they can absorb damage and still be a div. But running them into a hot LZ poses other concerns and again with the combat timer. IF I land into a hot LZ I could and most likely will take damage. I as well may not be able to kill what is in my LZ in one round. That means stuck in that province for at least 2 hours before I can attempt to leave.
      Ain't Nothing But A Thing!
    • DevinMacGregor wrote:

Nonetheless that does not mean your Air Cav cannot fight. Mine fight pretty well. They are vulnerable though. I rush to make sure my AM and Moto are maxed first. With the 1 hr timer though it still leaves the question of since you will take a hit on the way down will you be taking another before you even get to do anything? Since combat rounds are 1 hr.
      now its a hour and a haft so 1 inf got 3 attacks on my unit and died the inf received no NO! NO!! Damage
    • honestly, I understand and sort of agree with the nerf of the paratroopers. What I don't understand is why the research times have been exponentially increased to a minimum of one day, not to mention the building and training times. You've aimed to make the games last longer but an almost tripled time scale isn't fun for anyone. It's a major update that has completely ignored most of your users preference to the game. Putting them to 16 or 18 hours would have been fine, but at least 24 is just a game killer for most of us.
      You need to understand that because you think it's good, doesn't mean it is. I predict many will abandon the game and growth of this will be painfully slow for you. I hope so, so you realise what you've done to this game.
    • Bakaron wrote:

What I don't understand is why the research times have been exponentially increased to a minimum of one day, not to mention the building and training times. You've aimed to make the games last longer but an almost tripled time scale isn't fun for anyone. It's a major update that has completely ignored most of your users preference to the game. Putting them to 16 or 18 hours would have been fine, but at least 24 is just a game killer for most of us.
      You need to understand that because you think it's good, doesn't mean it is. I predict many will abandon the game and growth of this will be painfully slow for you. I hope so, so you realise what you've done to this game.
      Agree ^

Im losing interest in the later stages as its very difficult to maintain my current mix. I would use Helicopter gunships, Air supremacy fighters and Marines a lot. However I cant afford to continue to upgrade them, as the cost of mech infantry at level 1 compared to marines level 6 research is huge!

This really needs to be revised
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • In theory, to make research and units production longer improved your economical respiration, and so, the latency between two research. For costs, well, it was designed that way to encourage people to not focus on ONE units but either prefer mid-tier mix.

What would you propose in the matter ?
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Opulon wrote:

In theory, to make research and units production longer improved your economical respiration, and so, the latency between two research. For costs, well, it was designed that way to encourage people to not focus on ONE units but either prefer mid-tier mix.

What would you propose in the matter ?
      Maybe it's worth thinking about the acceleration and reduction in the cost of research in which the player lagged behind?

If the research is available for study, but has not been studied, the player ignores it.

He teaches that from his point of view more useful

Every next day, the cost and time of studying this research should gradually decrease.

The post was edited 1 time, last by rarh1 ().

• A tech cost decrease relative to the day, as "old tech become easier to get" is a marvelous idea, i find. No idea of how (or if) it is possible
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Opulon wrote:

A tech cost decrease relative to the day, as "old tech become easier to get" is a marvelous idea, i find. No idea of how (or if) it is possible
      It would be better to have the expensive research costs at the start, and cheaper as they progress. Instead of having it cheap at the start and mad pricey at the end. It is just ruining my unit mixes, and Im kinda losing interest personally in some late games.
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • Opulon wrote:

Hmm, late tech cheaper than early tech bothers a little my "logical sense" :D
      I do feel strongly about this too buddy, and I agree. Im not happy with the way it was changed in the earlier update ( If memory serves me right, it was that May TDS update)
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu
    • Oceanhawk wrote:

Opulon wrote:

Hmm, late tech cheaper than early tech bothers a little my "logical sense" :D
      I do feel strongly about this too buddy, and I agree. Im not happy with the way it was changed in the earlier update ( If memory serves me right, it was that May TDS update)
      I think the intent was to try and encourage players to diversify their unit compositions and to try out lesser used units. At the time, people were investing all of their research in a select number of tech trees because it wasn't cost effective to have diverse units when you could have a small handful of super elite units.

I can really see both arguments. Both have their merits.
      “It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived.”

George S. Patton Jr.
    • IHmm, late tech cheaper than early tech bothers a little my "logical sense" :D

Cptamerica1701 wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

I think the intent was to try and encourage players to diversify their unit compositions and to try out lesser used units. At the time, people were investing all of their research in a select number of tech trees because it wasn't cost effective to have diverse units when you could have a small handful of super elite units.
      I can really see both arguments. Both have their merits.
      twas the case, but folks want to advance and specialize, otherwise may mean you need ot change your entire army mix mid game,
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu