ALLIANCES AND COALITIONS UPDATE 170720

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• ALLIANCES AND COALITIONS UPDATE 170720

Dear Players,

While the temperatures hit new highs, so does our game. Today we would like to present to you a brand new feature: Player Coalitions! With this great on-map cooperative option you can finally ally with friends, neighboring nations or any other trusted force and win collaboratively – without the fear of backstabbing. Included in this package is the ability to liberate friendly territories, returning provinces and cities to the control of their former owners.

Additionally, we have listened closely to our Alliance players and addressed a number of gripes preventing them from enjoying competitive ranked gameplay as it should be: amongst others we have introduced player number based victory points, specific team game gold payouts and a unified starting date for the maps.

Balancing wise we have worked tirelessly on the game economy – specifically focusing on reducing resource scarcity, upkeep slog and lack of economical depth. We very much believe the new flow of the game will serve both fresh and experienced players in finding more fun, taking meaningful decisions, while reducing the game difficulty without its complexity. We expect to quickly see more units, more buildings, and more epic battles!

And finally: to celebrate the fixed growth of cities, we have added growing and shrinking city-grid graphics to the map. Enjoy!

ALLIANCE GAME CHANGES
      • Hiding inactive (0 games) alliances to bottom of list in ranking (still needs some polish…)
      • Shared Victory: Coalition or Alliance Team players will share rewards for fulfilling the map victory conditions
      • VP Scaling: the actual size of the team defines the VP in the match
      • Reward Scaling: Alliance games now give 10X the gold rewards of regular matches
      • Start Game When Full: games start when full providing proper starting conditions, also features as premium option for regular games
      COALITION FEATURES
      • Coalition: team up with adhoc players or alliance buddies to achieve better coop play in regular games
      • Shared Intelligence now for Coalitions
      • Semi-Fixed: rely on coalition partners without backstabbing
      • Liberation: alliance / coalition / team players will return freed homeland provinces and cities to their respective core owners (obviously only when in one’s team ;)
      GFX UPDATES
      • Tiered City Grids: implemented better sized versions of the city graphics – showing progress or decline of the cities on the map
      GAME FIXES
      • Population growth no longer breaking after intense urban warfare or building construction
      • Finished large parts of German translation
      • Arms Industry and Recruiting Office now show Flat Resource Bonus in UI (we added them to make these buildings more economically important)
      • Scroll bar in the research panel now works under 1366 resolution
      • Swapped and corrected the models and icons for the European CRV tier 1 and 2
      • Fixed the Hospital healing units and re-implemented them growing population
      • Updated recruiting office and military hospital descriptions
      BALANCING
      POPULATION
      • Increased Manpower production in all provinces and cities, for all population levels
      • Removed all population upkeep costs
      • Lowered max VP for high population cities to 15
      ANNEXATION
      • Adjusted city annex cost from 500 Supplies, 250 Components, 250 Manpower and 3500 Money to 1000 Supplies, 250 Components, 750 Manpower and 5000 Money
      GENERAL BUILDINGS
      • Removed Manpower upkeep from all buildings
      RECRUITING OFFICE
      • Introduced Manpower production bonus 100/200/300/400/500
      • Introduced Morale bonus 2.5/5/7.5/10/12.5
      • Increased construction time from 9/18/28/36/45 to 24/28/32/36/48
      ARMS INDUSTRY
      • Introduced Money production bonus 250/300/350/400/500
      • Introduced Unit production speed up 1.05/1.10/1.15/1.20/1.25
      • Adjusted Resource bonus from 0.1/0.2/0.3/0.4/0.5 to 0.25/0.31/0.37/0.43/0.5
      • Increased construction time from 9/18 to 30 hours
      MILITARY HOSPITAL
      • Reintroduced Population growth speed up 1.05/1.1/1.15/1.2/1.25
      • Increased construction time from 9/18/28/36/45 to 24/28/32/36/48
      ARMY BASE, NAVAL BASE, AIR BASE
      • Increased construction time from 9 (1:30m for Army Base)/18/28/36/45 to 24(1:30 for Army Base)/26/28/30/32
      SECRET WEAPONS LAB
      • Increased construction time from 16/24/32/50/72 to 24/28/32/36/48
      TECHNOLOGY RESEARCH
      • Changed Towed Artillery, Corvette, Mobile Anti-Air Vehicle level 1 research times from 1:30m to regular duration
      • Changed Air Superiority Fighter level 1 research from 1:30m to 30m
      • Reworked research times for all units
      UNITS
      • Reworked all existing upkeep for units
      • Introduced Manpower upkeep for all units
      • Reworked mobilization timers for all units
      • Introduced Helicopter embarkation and disembarkation times for Airmobile Infantry (60 minutes)
      • Introduced Helicopter embarkation and disembarkation of Special Forces (15 minutes)
      • Adjusted Air embarkation and disembarkation onto Transport Planes (90 minutes)
      Enjoy,

// Your CON Crew
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • The economic rebalance is very powerful with this update. You basically gave us more means and incentive to have a steady production of infantry to expand army basis, without always sacrificing them for "electronics" unit. Infantry-lover will have more depth in their gameplay, and non-infantry lover will have a pragmatic reason to do some.

I do love also the new curve of arms industry bonus ;)
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Germanico wrote:

• Reworked all existing upkeep for units
      • Introduced Manpower upkeep for all units
      • Reworked mobilization timers for all units
      • Introduced Helicopter embarkation and disembarkation times for Airmobile Infantry (60 minutes)
      • Introduced Helicopter embarkation and disembarkation of Special Forces (15 minutes)
      • Adjusted Air embarkation and disembarkation onto Transport Planes (90 minutes)
      Enjoy,

// Your CON Cre
      Grand update however this is just wrong, 60minutes to sit get on a helicopter? Come on now lads

It takes no longer than 60 seconds, no more no less. Airborne infantry are already really nerfed, they sitting ducks in the air, they cant move on the ground. They cant defend, nor can they really attack.

Like imagine them boarding a heli for 60minutes, they will get absolutely destroyed. Im after canceling my production of them, I dont even bother researching them past level 1 anymore.

This was a huge mistake, and even the Troop Embarkation time for transport planes, an idea may be to adjust it based on airbase level. Cos right now its way too high
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • Air mobile are meant to be rapid deployment and response. Most would sit on a 15 minute launch window in real life war situations, not a hour top load, think rapid deployment..they would not take a causal hour to hop off the helicopter either when reaching there target. If you want to increase there deployment times do so in flight...but a hour load and unload is not realistic if that is what the developers are trying to achieve.
    • The Alliance part of this update is really great.
      Possibly the best case of a Dev team ever listening to their customers that I have ever seen.
      Very, very impressive.

Thanks guys.

Having games start when full will be great.
      The VP adjustment is great.
      Being able to return an ally's cities is great.
      Once the ladder adjustment is complete, that sounds great too.
      Once the 10x more gold reward catches on a bit, it should give a great boost to our Community.

I do not agree with the Airborne update.
      I realize that the way I used them in mass combined with the "Add Target" option to take over entire nations in 2 or 3 hours was not your intended use.
      I realize that even though it is my favorite tactic, it needed to be reeled in a bit. But adding 2 hours per stop is excessive.

Let me put it into perspective. I can usually add about 7 targets per airborne before it takes off and I can no longer adjust it. There was a few minutes of delay between each stop. And so 7 stops would usually occur in about 2 hours.
      Now with the new setup, these same 7 stops will take nearly 15 and a half hours.
      I think that changing it from 2 hours to 15 and a half is a bit extreme.

All of the other balance changes, I'd like to try out before I judge them.
    • Kristovi wrote:

Annexions are too expensive.I liked the way it was before. Now, capturing cities is really useless. Just destroy all buildings and let the city burn...

My humble advice : do not nerf the game too much. It's a game ;)
      A stock-market related business, you meaned, i'm sure. Cost of annexion have rise <25% while major parts of upkeep are now gone, arms industry curve favors early big boost, provinces are more rentable, and over all, you should have noticed a ~25% boost to your money/components/supplies/manpower output. Was the equilibrium so subtle and weak for you to mean that there is no no more reason to expand ?

Cyclone46 wrote:

I realize that the way I used them in mass combined with the "Add Target" option to take over entire nations in 2 or 3 hours was not your intended use.
      I realize that even though it is my favorite tactic, it needed to be reeled in a bit. But adding 2 hours per stop is excessive.

Let me put it into perspective. I can usually add about 7 targets per airborne before it takes off and I can no longer adjust it. There was a few minutes of delay between each stop. And so 7 stops would usually occur in about 2 hours.
      Now with the new setup, these same 7 stops will take nearly 15 and a half hours.
      You summarised quite well the problem. Now this rebalancing can be considered harsh indeed, but please test it nonetheless, in order for the devs to tune it finely. It was your favorite tactic, as mine, and as many very active players... because it basically was a net +++ from every aspects of warfare. Now, there may be solutions to keep the airborn more mobile than the rest, while balancing it with equitable risk. Discussion is on.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Ok an hour for mobile? no thanks. that is a game kill for me. When i don't have a lot of time to play, i don't want to wait an hour for air cav to board. I am glad i read this update, as i was literally about to reload gold. I will wait until this gets fixed.
      ----------------------

Jacopo: Why not just kill them? I'll do it! I'll run up to Paris - bam, bam, bam, bam. I'm back before week's end. We spend the treasure. How is this a bad plan?

Remember that no one ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb idiot die for his country.
    • Opulon wrote:

Kristovi wrote:

Annexions are too expensive.I liked the way it was before. Now, capturing cities is really useless. Just destroy all buildings and let the city burn...

My humble advice : do not nerf the game too much. It's a game ;)
      A stock-market related business, you meaned, i'm sure. Cost of annexion have rise <25% while major parts of upkeep are now gone, arms industry curve favors early big boost, provinces are more rentable, and over all, you should have noticed a ~25% boost to your money/components/supplies/manpower output. Was the equilibrium so subtle and weak for you to mean that there is no no more reason to expand ?

Cyclone46 wrote:

You summarised quite well the problem. Now this rebalancing can be considered harsh indeed, but please test it nonetheless, in order for the devs to tune it finely. It was your favorite tactic, as mine, and as many very active players... because it basically was a net +++ from every aspects of warfare. Now, there may be solutions to keep the airborn more mobile than the rest, while balancing it with equitable risk. Discussion is on.
      I hate it that the airborne update was in the same thread. It is sucking all the oxygen from the room when we should be talking about this super fantastic Alliance update.

Here is another way to look at the airborne. Now they are slower than regular infantry for short to mid range jumps. This makes the unit undesirable.
      So if we must have a nerf then consider this:

-Restore original unload / load time.
      -Moderately increase the air travel time by 50%.
      If it used to take 30 minutes, now it will take 45 minutes.
      This is a double pronged adjustment. it not only increases the time, but it increases the vulnerability. Being in the air this long, it is more likely to get shot down. Traveling slower in the air, further increases this risk.

Some airborne jumps used to take as little as 3 to 4 minutes. Now they take 2 hours and 3 minutes.
    • Airborne Infantry were useless enough before this update, this just took the one thing they were useful at and tossed it in the bin.

Last update Cruise missiles were rendered useless and also made Destroyers less useful

O yeah, Mobile launchers cruise missiles, are just a waste now as well. And cruisers are less useful too
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • fenwick8219 wrote:

I lost multiple games I spent weeks on, saying the game had ended however it seems it is without hitting required victory points.

Seem to be a lot of bugs in this release.
      We have identified 2 bugs as of writing this. A visual error, which may be fixed by cache clear (tbc) , and a 'frozen game' (which is being fixed as we speak).
      Dorado Games
      Conflict Of Nations

• willt wrote:

Can someone please explain why on earth we need to extend build times? Why do we need to extend the build time for a corvette, why does it take a day to build an airport. I see no reason to extend these build times.

Increasing the departure time of Airborne units is unnecessary as well, that move seems to have been decided to remove a strategic method of conquering, to which again, seems pointless.

Honestly, since there is no reason to make these games, which take weeks, and ideally months to complete, even longer, I must conclude you want us to buy more gold to speed it up. which has the effect of making those that pay to win, the best, which isn't fun.

So yeah, this update sucks.

:cursing: :thumbdown:
      Have you remarked that your production in EVERY aspect of your economy has improved, from 25 to 33% ? Times have been expanded, it's true, but in comparison, upkeep have been "destroyed" and some cost are planned to be reduced. The deal here is that you build more units, can upkeep much more, and have a larger variety of options to your disposition, but yeah, the drawback is now that units take a little more time (~20%) to mobilise, and that majority of building (that, i would like to point, now give VERY HIGHER bonus to their first levels) take more time to build.

An example, an arms industry takes 30 hours instead of 9, yes. But it now gives +25% of resources production + a net income in money, by comparison of the +10% building you had before.

So, yeah, now things are a bit slower, but you can make more in parallel, and you'll feel much more less, to follow your reasoning... motivated by the game to buy more gold to get resources ;p

By the way, building get their bonus "hit point per hit points", so in the old system, a lvl 1 arm industry would need 9 hours to get the 10% bonus (after 4h30 it would have ~5%), and now, in 9 hours, the new building get.... 7,5% + money income. This isn't SO different especially considering the building continues to grow.

Same can be same for many buildings.

PS : Oh and i forgot, now this same arms industry building ALOS introduces a mobilisation speed up that reduces the problem (
      • Introduced Unit production speed up 1.05/1.10/1.15/1.20/1.25)
      Actually, if you take the time to get to the last level (slowly building your economy ;) ), you will mobilise your units quicker than before.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Opulon ().

• Cyclone46 wrote:

I hate it that the airborne update was in the same thread. It is sucking all the oxygen from the room when we should be talking about this super fantastic Alliance update.
      Here is another way to look at the airborne. Now they are slower than regular infantry for short to mid range jumps. This makes the unit undesirable.
      So if we must have a nerf then consider this:

-Restore original unload / load time.
      -Moderately increase the air travel time by 50%.
      If it used to take 30 minutes, now it will take 45 minutes.
      This is a double pronged adjustment. it not only increases the time, but it increases the vulnerability. Being in the air this long, it is more likely to get shot down. Traveling slower in the air, further increases this risk.

Some airborne jumps used to take as little as 3 to 4 minutes. Now they take 2 hours and 3 minutes.
      Mobile infantry have been nerfed even before this. they have no defense to speak of, a single aa unit can take them out while en route, they can't travel without an airbase nearby, and now THIS - Instead of nerfing them they should have been buffed. This was all to fix the tactic of hopscotching a country and taking it over. Fine. Put the delay AFTER they land. Give them a 30 minute cool down before they can take off again. Don't make it so when I see a BM coming in I can't exfil my air assault capable troops before it hits. Don't make me wait literally hours to find out if I am actually going to be taking a province or city, because there may or may not be defenders. Don't destroy my ability to reinforce units.

This is such a horrible update, I am literally not joining any games, buying any gold, or even bothering to finish half the games i am in until it is fixed.

They DON'T need to be nerfed.

CM's DID need a nerf, they were becoming stupidly OP where someone could send a few waves of cm's and wipe your whole army out, with just a few HB's, SF's, and maybe a DD. He could literally have no ground forces at all and still you couldn't get near him because cm's would destroy you. The argument could me made they were overnerfed, (having a cruiser launch 2 cm's at a stack of 7 tanks and 1 td, and the result being 1 very damaged td, and a minor dent in the 7 stack health seems slightly pointless to have cm's now... )

Frankly it kind of feels like the devs want us to use specific tactics, and if we don't they will nerf every unit until we do. And that tactic better include massive gold spending.
      ----------------------

Jacopo: Why not just kill them? I'll do it! I'll run up to Paris - bam, bam, bam, bam. I'm back before week's end. We spend the treasure. How is this a bad plan?

Remember that no one ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb idiot die for his country.
    • A quick follow-up on in-game coalitions. Good work. These seem to add cooperation which wasn't happening with ordinary pacts.
      Being able to see coalitions, but not pacts means some people avoid using coalitions. ? Should we be able to see pacts too ?

I saw in the first post of this thread, that territories can be returned to their original owners within a coalition? How is that done?
      Los Angeles might have accidentally fallen into my pocket when I was transiting a load of troops through - how do I give it back?

I won't wade too deeply into the air-mobile balancing debate. I sympathize deeply with War-spite, that the adjustments went too far, but Beta games are a learning process. Having a rapid response force is necessary if we are going to try to aid other units in trouble. ? Could they be more responsive when deploying on homeland cities and provinces ? That takes bounces out of the equation.
      Full disclosure: I am a huge fan of rapid deployments. Who wants to walk, ride a horse or even ride a truck when you can fly? I trust you folks will get this sorted out.
      "Gentlemen, When the enemy is committed to a mistake we must not interrupt him too soon"
      -- Admiral Horatio Nelson --