Tank Destroyers need improvement

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Tank Destroyers need improvement

Okay so I've been Interested in recruiting tank destroyers. But people in the game have told me they are largely useless compared to CRVs and MBTs. After comparing the stats on Eastern Doctrine I can see they have point.
      For these stats I used the highest level available for all armoured units in the Tech Tree. LV.7 MBT, LV.7 CRV and Lv.6 Tank Destroyer.

So first I will just say about some of the Tank Destroyers Strengths:
      It has the Highest defense stat against armored vehicles and just inferior to the tank in armor Atk stat
      It can Air Assault
      Cheapest in terms of Manpower
      Quickest Mobilization speed.

Negatives:
      Terrible Anti Infantry Stats
      Weaker Armour
      Requires a Lv.3 Army base as opposed to a L.v1. Despite having the quickest mobilization speed. You could have 2 MBTs or 3 CRVs before you get a Tank Destroyer. It would be more economical to research and Build MBTs instead of Tank Destroyers.
      Being cheapest in Manpower isn't really a major strength considering Manpower is not used for Upkeep of Units and Buildings, so there is usually a surplus of manpower compared to other resources. As a result it's fairly expense in comparison to the solidly stated MBT.
      Research from Day 2. CRVs are already available and MBTs can be researched from
      day 1.

My suggestions for improvement switch the Armour Atk and Def stats around. Why I suggest this. So they can complement Air Mobile Infantry. Air Mobile Infantry like Tank Destroyers can Air Assault. But Air Mobile have weak anti-Armour Stats and are only really good at attacking Infantry. While you could combine them with Tank Destroyers it kind of weakens the Offensive capability of Air mobile. If the Air mobile land on a MBT, The MBT solid Inf and Armour Attacking stats wouldn't make the tank destroyer of much use.

Or give the Tank Destroyer Stealth capability. Considering it's defensive stats it would make the Tank Destroyer easier to ambush enemy armor and make it more worth it's value. The only ground based stealth unit is special forces. This would make CRV thermal Imaging more useful in supporting MBTs since it could help prevent them driving into Tank Destroyers. Compared to air units or sea units. There is only 1 ground based stealth unit and two ground based units which can reveal stealth units. This would not only make Tank Destroyers better, but also make CRV more valuable.

My only other suggestion is make it cheaper. The combat recon vehicle is expensive and you have invest in a LV.3 Army base before you can build one. If you remove Manpower from the vehicle cost chart you can see the combat recon vehicle is the cheapest. But the Tank Destroyer ends up looking pretty expensive for it's value.
      I'm not suggesting Toning down CRV or MBT stats (That would make Infantry Op), but improve the stats or abilities of Tank Destroyers so they can actually do as the name implies

vehicle combat stats.pngvehicle cost.pngvehicle combat stats.pngvehicle cost.png

The post was edited 1 time, last by Lord Aodhan ().