Central Intelligence Apparatus

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Central Intelligence Apparatus

Central Intelligence Apparatus

We frequently hear complaints that spies are too expensive to use in the game. Therefore many people choose to ignore that aspect of the game all together making it somewhat unrealistic. I myself love using spies for sabotage and intelligence gathering but avoid them due to horrific strain on my finances.

With that in mind I propose a new building. "Central Intelligence Apparatus"
      The building would only be allowed to be built in one city, and would reduce spy cost for the player.

Please consider this.

Building Cost:
      1500 Supplies
      1000 Components
      300 Manpower
      500 Fuel
      15000 Money

Construction Time:
      Level 1- 18 Hours
      Level 2- 1 day
      Level 3- 1 day 15 hours

Effect:
      Level 1- Reduce Spy Upkeep by 20%, reduce enemy spy effectiveness by 20% in the city.
      Level 2- Reduce Spy Upkeep by 35%, reduce enemy spy effectiveness by 30% in the city.
      Level 3- Reduce Spy Upkeep by 50%, reduce enemy spy effectiveness by 50% in the city.
      Level 4- Deduce Spy Upkeep by 60%, Idle spy cost "0"

• Indeed the espionage and intel part of the game has not received much attention since launch. Though we did reduce the cost for agents substantially in a first push. Since then we did see an increase and I cannot confirm that players constantly complain about their pricing.
      This being said, I believe you have a very good point in proposing new features and I will add the idea of a intelligence building to our backlog.

//G
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • The more i play CoN, the more i believe the spy system as it exists in both supremacy and CoW isn't adapted to the economic mechanisms of the game. This because we had several boost, in terms of economy, that helped every aspect of the game... except for this one, who remain of a questionable cost-effectiveness for very high cost/upkeep etc.

As an addendum to this good idea, maybe the spies should be detached from the traditional flow "recruit - assign - pay for mission".

Random brainstom idea : How about Spies as a resource, very much similar to warheads, that would be produced daily by a building (little brother of your central agency building), and then those spies could be spent "at once" for operations, or spared for a heavy strike.

To that extent, your building could, not reduce the upkeep cost (as there would be none, the buildings would have an upkeep), but reduce the mission costs.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Opulon wrote:

Random brainstom idea : How about Spies as a resource, very much similar to warheads, that would be produced daily by a building (little brother of your central agency building), and then those spies could be spent "at once" for operations, or spared for a heavy strike.
      Build them as a stealth unit and send them to the intended target , something like stealth drones that do not start wars when they enter someone else's territory.