Preview of Update for Friday 28 July

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Preview of Update for Friday 28 July

PLEASE NOTE: THESE ARE STILL BEING WORKED ON AND MAY CHANGE

---

With this update we are introducing more Air Assault improvements: Now Airmobile Infantry uses their Helicopter to Air Assault before landing. But beware, Anti Air units now are formidable and all have range.
      NEW FEATURES
      • Added an End Game Button in the CON NEWS section once the game has below 4 players
      • Added Demolish to Outpost buildings
      • Added Air Assault function to Airmobile Infantry allowing them one attack from the air before landing
      • Added the rule for Ranged Anti Air to not go into cooldown after successfully shooting down an enemy aircraft
      FIXES
      • Fixed “Start-When-Full” option for game starts dropping people out of the pending game
      • Fixed bug where Streamlined Production research didn't decrease unit production time
      • Fixed bug where Combat Outpost, Field Hospital and Airfield couldn't be demolished
      • Fixed bug where ranged Anti Air Units were receiving damages from distant air targets
      • Fixed bug where timers were breaking for Airmobile units
      • Fixed point blank missile defense not engaging missile
      • Rescaled Aircraft Carrier Model
      • Rescaled Tank Destroyer Model
      • Renamed Unloading to Deploying
      GENERAL BALANCING
      • Revamped Air Assault, so the unit uses helicopter combat stats before engaging in ground combat
      • Changed tutorial research unit from Main Battle Tank to Combat Recon Vehicle
      • Adjusted Alliance and Team games victory points
      • Increased Coalition victory points
      UNIT BALANCING
      Motorized Infantry
      • Increased Helicopter damage from 1/1/1.5/1.5/2/2/ to 1/1/2/2/2.5/2.5/2.5
      Airmobile Infantry
      • Increased Damages across the board
      • Introduced Combat Values to Transport Helicopter vs Infantry at 7/9/11 vs Armored at 3/4/5
      • Increased Transport Helicopter Hit Points to match the ones of Armobile Infantry
      • Moved Research day available from 1/5/10/12/15/19/22 to 3/5/10/12/15/19/22 for Western and European Doctrines and from 2/7/12/14/17/21/25 to 4/7/12/14/17/21/25 for Eastern Doctrine
      • Increased Army Base requirements from level 1 to level 2
      • Increased Airbase requirement from level 1 to level 2
      • Reduced Air Travel Speed by 0.5 per Transport Helicopter Level
      • Reduced Unloading Time from 1.5h to 1h
      Special Forces
      • Increased Damages vs Armor slightly
      • Introduced Air Base level 2 requirement
      • Introduced Stealth to Transport Helicopter
      • Moved Research day available from 3/7/13...
      Amphibious Recon Vehicle
      • Reduced Army Base requirements from level 2 to level 1
      • Main Battle Tank
      • Research Day Available from 1/5/10/11/15/22/28 to 2/5/10/11/15/22/28 for European Doctrine and from 1/6/11/13/17/24/30 to 3/6/11/13/17/24/30 for Western Doctrine and from 1/4/8/9/13/20/26 to 1/4/8/9/13/20/26 for Eastern Doctrine
      Mobile Anti-Air Vehicle
      • Introduced ranged Anti-Air damage at 50
      • Reduced Missile damage from 2.5/2.5/2.5/3.5/3.5/5/5 to 2/2/2/3/3/4/4
      • Increased Hit points from 20/22/22/24/24/26/26 to 25/27/27/29/29/31/31
      Mobile SAM Launcher
      • Reduced Missile damage from 8/8/8/9/9/10/10 to 4/4/4/5/5/6/6
      • Removed Mobile Anti-Air Vehicle level 1 Research dependency
      Theater Defense System
      • Reduced Aircraft damage from 11/11/11/12/12/13 to 9/9/9/11/11/12
      • Reduced movement speed from 1/1.3 to 0.5
      • Increased anti-air range from 125/125/150/150/150/150 to 125/150/150/150/175/175
      • Adjusted Research day available from 5/6/8/14/17/24 to 5/8/11/14/19/24 for European Doctrine and from 4/5/6/12/15/21 to 4/7/10/12/17/21 for Western Doctrine and from 6/8/10/16/19/26 to 6/10/13/16/21/26 for Eastern Doctrine
      • Adjusted Researches according to new anti-air range and speed values
      Helicopter Gunship
      • Increased Infantry Damage from 5 to 6 and 8 to 9
      • Lowered Armor Damage by 1
      • Increased air speed by 1
      Attack Helicopter
      • Removed Helicopter Gunship Research requirement
      • Adjusted Armor damage to 7 / 10 / 13
      Heavy Bomber
      • Increased initial Infantry Damage from 4 to 7
      • Raised Airbase requirement from level 1 to level 3
      Strike Fighter
      • Unified all Infantry and Armor damages
      Stealth Strike Fighter
      • Unified Infantry and Armor damage at 10
      Corvette
      • Removed Missile damage from 0.5/0.5/0.5/1/1/1.5 to -/-/-/-/-/-/1.5
      Ballistic Missile Submarine
      • Removed Attack Submarine Research requirement
      Cruise Missile
      • Changed Day Available from 2/3/5/6/8/10 to 2/5/9/12/15/21
      • Increased Hit points from 4/4/4/5/7/8 to 5/5/5/6/7/8
      Ballistic Missile
      • Changed Research Day Available from 11/13/15/16/19/20 to 3/6/11/14/17/23
      • Removed Cruise Missile level 1 Research dependency
      • Introduced Guided Missile Program level 1 dependency
      ICBM
      • Changed Day Available from 21/23/25/27/30 to 5/8/16/24/26
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • It looks interessting. But one thing I suggest: The heavy bomber must a little bit faster. After this update the heavy bomber is slow like the helicopters.
      And now the MBT needs army base 2 and I hope also the research costs become cheaper :)
      „Morgen, ihr Luschen!“ --- „Morgen, Chef!“ (Ausbilder Schmidt alias Holger Müller bei der Arbeit)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Seele07 ().

• I agree. Now that its infrastructure requirement has been raised, it can be "a bit ahead" of helicopters in the matters ^^
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Hehehe, first glance its looking good.

Germanico wrote:

PLEASE NOTE: THESE ARE STILL BEING WORKED ON AND MAY CHANGE

---

With this update we are introducing more Air Assault improvements: Now Airmobile Infantry uses their Helicopter to Air Assault before landing. But beware, Anti Air units now are formidable and all have range.
      NEW FEATURES
      • Added an End Game Button in the CON NEWS section once the game has below 4 players
      • Added Demolish to Outpost buildings
      • Added Air Assault function to Airmobile Infantry allowing them one attack from the air before landing
      • Added the rule for Ranged Anti Air to not go into cooldown after successfully shooting down an enemy aircraft

I am extremely pleased to hear about the cooldown removed for TDS. Now I presume this includes Frigates? (Hint, means you can return Cruise missile range so its useful again. As if you dont it will mean that we will have to continue to use strike fighters to use cruise missiles and suddenly AA is more powerful

But hey, I think I mentioned this a good few times, but Im very happy to see that XD

Germanico wrote:

FIXES
      • Rescaled Aircraft Carrier Model
      • Rescaled Tank Destroyer Model

I also suggest you take a look at the Helicopter Gunship, that seems to need some rescaleing very badly

Germanico wrote:

GENERAL BALANCING
      • Revamped Air Assault, so the unit uses helicopter combat stats before engaging in ground combat
      • Changed tutorial research unit from Main Battle Tank to Combat Recon Vehicle
      • Adjusted Alliance and Team games victory points
      • Increased Coalition victory points

Interesting, and what will the combat stats of the helicopters be? I'd presume it be really just good against soft target, presume some machine guns and maybe a rocket pod?

Good otherwise on the points

Germanico wrote:

UNIT BALANCING
      Motorized Infantry
      Airmobile Infantry
      • Increased Damages across the board
      • Introduced Combat Values to Transport Helicopter vs Infantry at 7/9/11 vs Armored at 3/4/5
      • Increased Transport Helicopter Hit Points to match the ones of Armobile Infantry
      • Moved Research day available from 1/5/10/12/15/19/22 to 3/5/10/12/15/19/22 for Western and European Doctrines and from 2/7/12/14/17/21/25 to 4/7/12/14/17/21/25 for Eastern Doctrine
      • Increased Airbase requirement from level 1 to level 2
      • Reduced Air Travel Speed by 0.5 per Transport Helicopter Level
      • Reduced Unloading Time from 1.5h to 1h

Giving this its own spot

I can see this now, I would instantly say lower the stats a bit. Most transport helicopters would not have the same attack stats of a gunship. Bare in mind helicopter gunships have the same stats against soft targets

Still rather see unloading time shorted, but its a start

Germanico wrote:

UNIT BALANCING
      Motorized Infantry

Special Forces
      • Increased Damages vs Armor slightly
      • Introduced Air Base level 2 requirement
      • Introduced Stealth to Transport Helicopter
      • Moved Research day available from 3/7/13...

I dont think we should up the heli damage for motor infantry, if anything maybe mech infantry. As I think they need a little more specialization.

Special fores that is good all round, extremely happy with the stealth to transport heli

Germanico wrote:

Mobile SAM Launcher
      • Reduced Missile damage from 8/8/8/9/9/10/10 to 4/4/4/5/5/6/6
      • Removed Mobile Anti-Air Vehicle level 1 Research dependency
      Theater Defense System
      • Reduced Aircraft damage from 11/11/11/12/12/13 to 9/9/9/11/11/12
      • Reduced movement speed from 1/1.3 to 0.5
      • Increased anti-air range from 125/125/150/150/150/150 to 125/150/150/150/175/175
      • Adjusted Research day available from 5/6/8/14/17/24 to 5/8/11/14/19/24 for European Doctrine and from 4/5/6/12/15/21 to 4/7/10/12/17/21 for Western Doctrine and from 6/8/10/16/19/26 to 6/10/13/16/21/26 for Eastern Doctrine
      • Adjusted Researches according to new anti-air range and speed values

Very good with the Mobile SAMs, Im actually incredibly happy with this update, I think it may be one to remember. Even if Im not getting my skins :P Which I care so deeply about. I think this is the best balancing update.

Germanico wrote:

Attack Helicopter

• Removed Helicopter Gunship Research requirement
      • Adjusted Armor damage to 7 / 10 / 13
      Heavy Bomber
      • Increased initial Infantry Damage from 4 to 7
      • Raised Airbase requirement from level 1 to level 3
      Strike Fighter
      • Unified all Infantry and Armor damages
      Stealth Strike Fighter
      • Unified Infantry and Armor damage at 10
      Corvette
      • Removed Missile damage from 0.5/0.5/0.5/1/1/1.5 to -/-/-/-/-/-/1.5
      Ballistic Missile Submarine
      • Removed Attack Submarine Research requirement
      Cruise Missile
      • Changed Day Available from 2/3/5/6/8/10 to 2/5/9/12/15/21
      • Increased Hit points from 4/4/4/5/7/8 to 5/5/5/6/7/8
      Ballistic Missile
      • Changed Research Day Available from 11/13/15/16/19/20 to 3/6/11/14/17/23
      • Removed Cruise Missile level 1 Research dependency
      • Introduced Guided Missile Program level 1 dependency
      ICBM
      • Changed Day Available from 21/23/25/27/30 to 5/8/16/24/26

Yes, Yes and Yes these are all excellent! Pls dont change any og this, except maybe the Cruise missile range, I still feel that needs to be returned to prenerefed levels

I just want to add, I think we need to revisit the Bomber speed, they are extremely slow. And almost as slow as Helicopters now..

Overall, this is very good, and Im really looking forward to this
      I had to break it all down, as I am quite happy with a lot of it.
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • Understandable, they are basically the "nearly impossible to stop superweapon" that cost a whole battlegroup by itself to research and launch. They have absolutely no tactical use, their only real use is to create an economical hole in your opponent, through devastating its core cities (and it does a good job doing so). This kind of thought only happen to you in late game
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • We wanted to loosen up the strict order - pulling forward the BM and consequently the icbm.

Difference to the BM is the required prerequisite of nuclear warheads as there are no conventional icbm in the game.

Where would you place them?
      For us it was important that they don't come earlier as the TD and that is day 5. But early icbm could effectively serve as deterrent like in RL.
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • In order to get that, i think it's just the weapon that isn't severe enough. As long as it behaves like a missile (meaning : hitting one province, killing one group, even with a little splash damage), even if you put him 30 000 damage on every opponent, it will remain a too costly and unefficient.

It's a very hard thing to imagine, but Nuclear + Intercontinental cost nearly as much a a elite stealth new unit. Once researched, you need to create 3 nuclear warheads, total cost is 6 000 suppliers, 3 000 rare material, 4 000 electronics, 13 000 money.

And THEN, you can launch your LVL 1 ICBM. It will hit, surely. If you hit a non core province the impact will be limited, so you'll focus core cities, but your opponent obviously has many cities, and if it's late game, bunkers protect at least partly his pop. So, the main problem of the ICBM in my mind ?

It feels a elite ballistic missile, not a doomsday weapon.

This remains perfectly abstract, but i think that ICBM should be the weapon that allows to end games that last for too long to end. As such, i would still put them at day 30 or something, but find a way to make them act in area of effect in such a way that if they hit, 2 or 3 of them can blast a country like France (in game speaking) to 1 pop and 25% province morale everywhere (Yes, revolts everywhere. It's what you call anarchy among the survivors)
    • Sorry but that is not the way we can design it. Firstly there is no AOE feature or such that would allow us to attack such a large area. Secondly even the biggest nuke essentially is still local/regional in its effect. And lastly, if it's really only a game over weapon it would lead to revenge acts breaking the gMe for the factual winners.

Effectively these weapons kill stacks AND cities. For good.

Let me look at the pricing again - but next week please.
    • Liqter wrote:

Opulon wrote:

It will hit, surely.
      Are you saying that ICBM cannot be shot down by TDS ? Am i understanding correctly ?
      No, ICBM can be shot down by anti-air system, but it has 20 to 25 HP, which makes them very hard to actually shot down, especially considering its speed (forbidding any rapid redeployment) or its distance, allowing for very precise angle of attacks.

By "surely", i meaned that except against a very well entrenched opponent that knows you will launch nuke, and from where, you are nearly certain you'll hit. Basically, 25 HP means that it can go through 2 TDS of low level, and 1 of high level. And considering the strategic aspect, i'm sure you wouldn't mind to sacrifice a plane or two in order to saturate the anti-air system and give your ICBM an additional "spearpoint potential"
    • rarh1 wrote:

Germanico wrote:

Nothing is fine with ICBMs - they are basically not used as intended and only come into play very late in the game if at all.

Essentially the only missiles used widely are cruise missiles.
      You underestimate nuclear weapons is an excellent means for blackmail .. provided that it is in the right hands ..
      On this point, i have to disagree. When my opponent threatens me with strategical nukes (happened twice in three games, ironically), actually, i need to put great efforts to remain poker face and to say "yeah, do that". Nuclear weapons used as a bully weapon are spectacularly inefficient by design, because they try to fit a tactical destruction role that isn't their. Threaten me with stealth bombers, this can frighten me indeed, or even conventional ballistical (those things can hurt for a good cost effectivness)... But Nuclear... lol. Either you are 5 times my power, and so, nuclear weapon or not, you can destroy me anyway, either we are of comparable power, and you'll throw stupid amount of resources into a "terror weapons strategy" while your budget will be all-low for "war weapons". In real life, nuclear weapons ends the day and the war. IG, well, there is a conventional war to win after every Nuke impact :D

(especially the NBC upgrades aren't so bad to reduce damages !)
    • I'm pretty sure it means "when eliminating a group", instead of "each time you shot down an individual airplane unit".

If i'm wrong, it means 2 TDS are actually a anti-aircraft minigun, able to kill 400 units of airplanes and missiles in a few minutes