Email Alliance

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Pretty Sure This was brought up before, but it got turned down

Opulon wrote:

I warmly recommend Discord for your administrative needs. Easy monitoring of alliance members, Easy check of who is here and not here, cool features, API-friendly. This is a platform designed to the ground for guilds or alliances.

In a simple motto :

Discord is for Gamers what Slack is for start-ups

Discord.png

Now, to talk from alliance leader to alliance leader :
      We were using Skype as activity hub since 2013, and we are a moderate-sized ( ~25) alliance. We migrated on Discord several monthes ago, and we owe the discovery of the tool to RPU (Oceanhawk's federation). Here's the figures :

Since 11 Feb 2017 (date of the migration) :

Raw activity (messages per day) has raised by 25% in comparison to figures of 2016.
      Relative activity (share of total presence per player) has raised by 40% (thanks to the web-app + mobile app)
      Governement work time has DECREASED by 20% (thanks to bots, automation, etc)

Isn't it marvelous ? Work less, earn more ! Or better put : Work less on tedious repetitive task, Work more for your members !

And better :

Discord Apps !

Discord is so freakin' easy to link with a vast array of services that it's great. Basic knowledge of JSON, API, and you're good ! And if you have nobody to develop a little, just crawl into the rich libraries of bots created by the community.

Actually, for example, we use a bot that allow us to notify in markdown specific people (or ranks, or everyone), a bot that monitors activity of members and inform us of who is lacking activity and who is very active, cross-notification betweens Forum and Discord, and automatic polls to answer directly in discords (but results shown and archived in forum).

Ultra powerful tool. When we had no tools at all in the beginning, it was like setting fire in our caves. Then we got Skype, in it was like a Coal powerstation. With Discord, i feel like i established a nuclear fusion reactor.

I ... warmly recommand you Discord to manage your alliance.

Gosh ! And i forgot where i wanted to go with that ---> Since 2000, progress has been made on communication/media/propagation of information

Discord2.png

Dorado dévelopers CAN invest time and skill into more alliance communication devices. But should they ? Should they put on their planning (and they are a small team : so, between the Game Designer, the CTO, the CM, i think they are not a legion (pun-intended) of fullstack devs) this kind of strategy ? While i agree all that can help alliances to grow should be done, i feel in this specific case that they would gain time and results by setting a link to "how to create your Teamspeak/Mumble/Skype/Slack/Discord" to new alliance leaders. And take a beer under the Sun of Malta if they managed to convinced the project manager that this was a 6-hours task :D
      Stay Focused, Stay Alive

Signed,

Ulysses
    • Yes, this is the premium infrastructure for alliances that really want to grow and "stand out", but at a first low level of infrastructure, integrated tools would help.

Something as primitive as a "global mailing" to members, for example, could ease many
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.