Air assault is broken

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Air assault is broken

Air assault seems to not be working as intended. It was supposed to have air mobile infantry use helicopter attack stats for the first round of combat. They did, AGAINST THEMSELVES. I had a single top level air mobile attack a single top level motor infantry. My air mobile went immediately upon touchdown to 13/20 the motor stayed at 18/18. So if you use air assault right now, you will hurt yourself by about 1/3 of your hit points. Effectively any games where you are using air mobile, you might want to park them for a while and not bother building any more until we hear about a fix. :thumbdown: :cursing:
      ----------------------

Jacopo: Why not just kill them? I'll do it! I'll run up to Paris - bam, bam, bam, bam. I'm back before week's end. We spend the treasure. How is this a bad plan?

Remember that no one ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb idiot die for his country.
    • Sadly for me i found this out after launching about 9 air assaults and of course.. you can't cancel the orders or redirect them, so they are all flying into massacres.
      ----------------------

Jacopo: Why not just kill them? I'll do it! I'll run up to Paris - bam, bam, bam, bam. I'm back before week's end. We spend the treasure. How is this a bad plan?

Remember that no one ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb idiot die for his country.
    • Ok Come ON.... this is ridiculous. NOW not only have his infantry not taken any damage.. They actually GAINED hp.
      Capture1.JPG

Somehow a unit that has 18 hp in the write up now gets 20 hp. Ok, here is an idea, let's just delete all references to air mobile. It is clear that they are not to ever be used by anywhere anywhere, throughout TIME!!!

and nope, don't tell me the hp jumped because of research to increase hp, When i spent gold to find his forces, i spent it to see his info too. It wasn't being researched. They just decided he needed that for free.
      ----------------------

The post was edited 1 time, last by War-spite ().

• So my units finally got an attack on the magical motor infantry.. This is top level air mobile units.. an attack of 9... against a now 20hp motor infantry. They went from 20 to 15 hp. and my air mobile? they went from 13 to 0!!!!!

WTF???
      Capture1.JPG

So let's look at the f'in math ok? motor inf with 6/9 +25% for city, does 13 points of damage to a unit. Even though by math 9*1.25 is only 11.25.. hey why not round up to 13! and air mobile with a 9/6 and no attack bonus in city does 5 FIVE CINCO !! damage. On top of the 7 it already did to itself. So a 20 hp air mobile attacking an 18 hp motor infantry in a city does 3 real points of damage, because we are going to just give the other guy 2 hp for fun, and manages to lose 20 hp. in one F'IN hour!!!!! Gee at this rate, I can lose a weeks worth of production in 3 hours since attacking the mighty motor infantry is an impossible bl**dy feat for air mobile.
      ----------------------

The post was edited 1 time, last by War-spite: Removed unnecessary ranting -Opulon was right it was uncalled for. ().

• And just so you know.. it affects special forces air assaulting too. So for all those people that think i should just abandon air mobile, SF get screwy too. A 30 hp SF stack going in on a lone damaged 14 hp infantry... well as soon as they landed they went to 19/30 hp.
      ----------------------

• Please refrain from launching this kind of heated accusation against the sincerity of the development team, even if suppose you just need a punching ball. Use me instead. This is clearly not working as intended. You did the maths, it just doesn't work, nor represent the underlying theory wanted for those units.

I didn't encountered this bug : my airborns did fight well, had their first initial round just as planned, and my impression was that they were in fact able to take just the "a little bit stronger unit" 1 vs 1, if they managed to intercept it through air assault. Coupled with other units, they were efficient "ambushers" and "besiegers" of mountains.

Didn't use special forces since the update, so can't say for this unit.

Please give game ID and additional informations as they arrive, in order for the devs to check it and try to reproduce it.

Again, no. It isn't a game design choice to make a unit go against its stats and its role.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Game id is 2019582. Norway attacking greece in annexed city of rome was the example i screen shotted. EVERY unit when it landed (i had 3 waves) took 7 damage per unit before combat started, and excessive damage while doing far less than expected damage. I understand random factors adjust the damage up and down, but with 3 units attacking at different times and ALL 3 getting inferior attacks, and all 3 taking superior defensive damage from the lone infantry.

I understand not throwing blame for an innocent mistake. But Opulon, as I expect will be revealed, this bug is NOT limited to this one game id (I am about to go test on my other games) this is clearly the type of glaring error that should have been caught during playtest. It seems this update may have been rushed and not tested ahead of time.
      ----------------------

• Possible, but as i said : i didn't encounter this bug. My damages were normal, comforting me that the unit was nerfed in the good way and buffed in the good way. I got crushed one time, but... well, i landed on a top-tier AA vehicle. I had a comparative situation where my 3 lvl 3 airborn attacked a lvl 2 motor inf... the motor inf was reduced to 2 HP immediatly, and i had lost one or two HP

There isn't a universe where your tactical result is desirable or planned, especially considering the motor infantry, even top tier, with 11.25 soft HP damage in defese, should do this much harm on the air (so, with helicopters stats) assault, without suffering the smallest harm.

And random factor is "minor", meaning that there is "bad rounds" and "good rounds", but no "what does this round even mean ?" like in Supremacy. Those are indeed bugs.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • I tested on another game, a newer one, 2049081, and it appears to not have the bug. 2019582 is a europe 1990 20 player map. the 9081 is a 45 player world 2020 map.
      ----------------------

• so it is either a bug in the 1990 europe, or just older games. I am only in one 1990 game so it is hard for me to test that theory.
      ----------------------

• oops. I spoke to soon, I checked that recent game, I have an air mobile unit that landed on a mobile artillery. I thought it wasn't bugged as I didn't see a seven point drop in hp, but i just checked and the artillery didn't take ANY damage. I have another unit close by, but it is going to be loading for 37 minutes (??? why? i have no clue) so in about 38 minutes i will see if he does any damage to the mobile artillery, or if he takes 7 points himself. he is currently at 15 hp.
      Capture3.JPGCapture2.JPG

these are from game 2049082
      ----------------------

• and one other little bug about air mobile. Is it supposed to only count the 1 hour deployment timer after combat stops? Currently it is waiting until all combat is over before even starting the 1 hour countdown to occupy a city. Since It has been fighting for 3 game hours, that seems ridiculous.Capture1.JPG
      ----------------------

• Just to let everyone know, i just had a unit do another assault, it was 3 AT units and 1 am inf. Dropped from 118 to 97 HP on landing, and the enemy units? 1 motor and 1 crv intact at 53 hp.

What really is annoying is this is essentially an an end game battle, with both of us actively controlling units live, He put his r&d into making top end motor and high end crv, but no other land units, he does have top level fighters, cm's, and strikes. So while i am jumping around attacking him, he can only really defend by patrolling fighters, and sending his strikes to hunt me down. But when I kill myself with every air assault I am taking heavy losses or losing battles entirely that should have been easy win's or at least only a challenge, not a blowout loss. I will end up losing this game essentially because of a bug. And that sucks.
      ----------------------

• @warspite: how did you give your orders to your Airborne ? Did you chain them via add or did you just send them in with air assault?

We will look into this deeper - promised. If there is a bug please accept our apologies and please trust me when I say we really are trying to make air assaulting fun and powerful.

//G
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Free round for the def unit isn't intended. In fact, it should be, in an indirect manner, through heli stats, a free round for the airborn. Except if there is AA vehicle, of course.

By the way, as behavior of the game can be discussed without entering the petty details of the game, please do not throw dispute here (and this isn't an operator protecting a customer, it's just that here, it's more a bug report thread ^^)