Air Defence

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Layered. DEFINITELY Layered.

AAA protect vital points, but they are unable to provide a good defensive screen. you can stack them in order to improve the point defense of your cities/armies.

SAM protect by range projection. They are a little bit lacking in terms of point defense but they tend to be strong for their cost in terms of hitting passing threats. If you don't intend to deploy TDS, maybe you can put them by group of two in order to compensate and maximise anti-CM defense, but for the general case i would suggest you use it as a mail armor, especially in "counter-offensive" support of the TDS.

The TDS, definitely don't stack them. They are supposed to offer your country a "plate armor" with a great coverage, and only small gaps/holes (created by missile saturation or just the size of your country) filled by your good positioning of SAM (mail armor) and AAA (leather armor). Try to maximise the TDS positioning to get them into cities. A plate armor that reinforces your articulations will definitely help you against those poisoned steel crossbow bolts (= ICBM :D)

AA : Exploit their cost and airborne mobility to create very hard point-defense system. It's light armor.
      SAM : Exploit their offensive stats to create "punishment" zones. It's medium armor.
      TDS : Exploit their range to create interdiction zones. It's heavy armor. (Especially since they get a systematic defense round when attacked. Even late game strike fighter get instantly rekt on a TDS if it attacks it directly. You just don't cut plate armor.)

You put your plate armor, then mail armor under, then your leather armor. Following your taste, you may not need a plate armor, or even a mail armor (your choice, your risk ;) ). In any case, do not stack anti-air of different type, you would be wasting a proportion of their damage output.

Oh, and of course, don't be surprised if, with no armor at all, your life expectancy on the battlefield is... short :D
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Stack, against what everyone else is saying hear Id stack. I used to be extremely against them, but stack TDS in 2s

Ranged air defense does double damage when attacked directly,
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • I'd stack AAA

i'd stack contextually SAM

i wouldn't stack TDS.

Sooo, you don't disagree fully with me :D. However, reasons and/or example of situations where it's useful would be appreciated (not only for Taakar, but for me as well !)

Just one thing, because it has confused me many times :

"Ranged air defense does double damage" ---> do you mean "first it unleash its ranged hell, and after, it delivers its defensive blow on impact" ?, or you do mean that "when hit by something, it's ranged + X2 damage on point defense" ?

If it's the second, may be a bug lol
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Opulon wrote:

I'd stack AAA

i'd stack contextually SAM

i wouldn't stack TDS.

Sooo, you don't disagree fully with me :D. However, reasons and/or example of situations where it's useful would be appreciated (not only for Taakar, but for me as well !)

Just one thing, because it has confused me many times :

"Ranged air defense does double damage" ---> do you mean "first it unleash its ranged hell, and after, it delivers its defensive blow on impact" ?, or you do mean that "when hit by something, it's ranged + X2 damage on point defense" ?

If it's the second, may be a bug lol
      I mean not ranged, when a aircraft attacks a TDS directly, the TDS does double its usual defensive stat (the usual defensive stat that used for ranged AA)

Screenshot (182).png

Ontop of that, the AA cooldown timer only kicks in If the enemy aircraft is not destroyed
      Therefore by stacking your AA you are more likely to down the aircraft and enjoy no cooldown
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • Opulon wrote:

Very good point, noted
      ;)
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu