CoN Alliance Summer tournament - 2017

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• @OneCheesyNacho I'm glad you're as excited as I am! Yes you can register by the 22nd, registration may be extended for a bit.

@all, The rules have been updated. Special conditions have been granted for the scenario, meaning all participants have leverage they need to win, regardless if gold is spent or not. CoN has come a very long way from CoW, we ensured that all players have a strategic plan that they can rely on for assured victory.
    Dorado Games
    Conflict Of Nations

• @Yak

I am not understanding the gold scenario you are describing.
    Or maybe I should finish my morning coffee and read it again...

So starting resources are increased.
    But what are the "special conditions".
    And how does this lessen the edge that buying gold provides?

For example: Say you triple everyones resources. Why would the player who uses 760k gold still not steam-roll over them?
  • Cyclone46 wrote:

But what are the "special conditions".
    And how does this lessen the edge that buying gold provides?
    The details are still being finalised, but research may be slightly modified for the scenario. This is with the intent that players are given the fundamentals of their army and can branch out as they desire as fast as possible.

Cyclone46 wrote:

For example: Say you triple everyones resources. Why would the player who uses 760k gold still not steam-roll over them?
    If we are going to approach this question seriously; First off, 760k worth of gold is over 200 euros worth... which isn't going to happen. But, let's say a team decide to invest in 60,000 or even 30,000 worth of gold, the game is structured in a way that this will not last for long and might end up with them losing the game before anyone else (if they are not careful). There are repercussions to everything you do, be it a gold fuelled decision or not. As a competitor, it is your responsibility to take advantage of the situation and capitalise on the potential issues which may occur.

If your plans go south, a measly 5e will give you 13k worth of gold to play with. With this being said, skill can outplay a player. Coming from a staff member who doesn't use gold on live. (and I can speak for others, none of us use gold and we do pretty well if not win). Let us not forget that you have more than one enemy, wasting all your resources on one player will be detrimental.

Romulus wrote:

Please add me to the game. My in-game name is Romulus947. I own an alliance called The Wolf State but probably only one person might be interested in playing as well, since WS is mainly for COW. So please set me up with a team.
    @Romulus , would you accept new players into your Alliance? We would set you up with the players looking for a team in the case that you accept.

Endymion3 wrote:

Our alliance has its leader unfairly banned and without giving a fair solution.
    Could not solve it to be able to join the tournament?
    @Endymion3 , Chances are the leader was banned with reason. If you would like to join you are still able to.
    Dorado Games
    Conflict Of Nations

• The leader was banned for no reason.

Everything arises when a few weeks ago everyone was banned by a game bug.
    My partner to get in touch with the game management created another account. This account only used it to contact and has not played with it, something that I think could easily be verified.

And they banned him for having multiple, and they do not answer his messages.
  • Endymion3 wrote:

The leader was banned for no reason.

Everything arises when a few weeks ago everyone was banned by a game bug.
    My partner to get in touch with the game management created another account. This account only used it to contact and has not played with it, something that I think could easily be verified.

And they banned him for having multiple, and they do not answer his messages.
    @Endymion3, I see, generally our staff send out warning emails. Just in case this was an error, please give me the leaders userID (it can be found in the url bar when in a map/game: uid=*******) and we will look into it. In the meantime, if you and your leader would like to join provide all the details we require.

AndrewDalliere wrote:

I have recently created an alliance (United Nations Coalition), but I am currently the only member in it. I'm active everyday, so if you want to recommend some members to my alliance, then go for it! Thanks!
    @AndrewDalliere thank you, we will make use of your leadership skills :)

OneCheesyNacho wrote:

Alright this is a call for one more member to be apart of Team Awesome's players in the tournament. They must have joined 20+ games, have won 2 or more. And be an expert at naval and ground tactics. Also they have to know how to play as either western or european doctrine
    @OneCheesyNacho might I suggest using our recruitment centre thread to find the recruits you need.

PuppetMaster63 wrote:

Add me please.
    @PuppetMaster63 I am going to assume you you do not have an alliance.
    Dorado Games
    Conflict Of Nations

• Lets keep this short:

I oppose allowing gold usage in official tournaments greatly. As a supremacy(similar game to CoN) veteran: Supremacy used to have great tournaments, dozens of alliances participated, now its all dead. Why? Official tournaments began allowing use gold usage. Do you want to repeat it? Kill it before it grows?

Arguments against gold usage:

- Not skill, but money decides who is victorious.

-- You need several hundres of euros to make a difference? Wrong: Uncovering all units for a small amount of gold already does make a HUGE difference. Same as boosting units in a city that is about to be attacked. Examples on request.

- A skillfull player only needs few gold to make very good use of it

- Gold usage gives you an advantage. Even if the advantage is little, it will grow bigger over time until your opponent can't stop it. Because every detail counts. (Example: Have some fancy bombers right at the beginning and destroy hostile cities, with them having too little defense.)7

- Using Gold is done so quickly and much for a surprise to the enemy. Thats why you can never attack 'safely', always in the fear that the enemy might use some gold, enough to screw your attack. (One screwed attack, more losses, little advantage to the enemy, advantage will turn greater 'cause of lack of troops, be weak on defense, enemy pushes through defense lines, lose war)

-In the game "CoW"(similar to CoN) I already encountered gold users who spent up to 200€ on a casual world map. Why shouldn't someone spend this amount and even more on such a tournament?

- What is this tournament about? About Skill? About smart Gold usage? About having the greatest amount of gold available?

- For whom is this tournament designed? For us, the community (the majority doesnt use gold and prefers not to have gold usage allowed)? For the gold players(small part of the community)? For Bytro(guess why they would be happy)?

Think about it.
  • @Mc_Johnsen , Conflict of Nations has come a long way from Supremacy and Call of War. I'd refer you to my post yesterday, CoN is a game about strategy, all forms and shapes, diplomatic skills and many others included. If you play your cards right, you will succeed. Especially considering you have an alliance to assign roles to.

This is the very first Conflict of Nations tournament, the winners would have bragging rights, and would have to keep said rights by defending their title. 'Unofficial' Alliance tournaments are allowed, you do not need to worry about them stopping. With the recent update it feels right to organise an alliance tournament. Dorado and Bytro and independent developers, they are our sister company, we may do things differently but you do not need to feel threatened, we do think about all the feedback our loyal players give us. Edit: I forgot to mention, just the insane amount of gold you and your alliance are rewarded.

More events will be coming, individual ones, and who knows :whistling: it's still the beginning.
    Dorado Games
    Conflict Of Nations

The post was edited 2 times, last by Yak ().

• It's a first try indeed. Dorado Games ( =/= Bytro) is more... somewhat, responsive to its player feedback than we old supremacy players are used to. However, as it remains in an experimental phase, hard to them to create yet the tools to make this kind of competition. Can be the case mid-term, if competition interests people, but there it's more a matter of involvement than spending.

I played the last non-paying tournament in Supremacy, and then, i saw the failing of the league, despite its wonderful matchmaking tool. I would like to have a non-gold competition too, but still, for now, i would like to say "Give it a try".
    Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
  • Indeed. Yet, there was an exhange between the unofficial organiser and the official organiser, from what he said to me, and the goal was not to disperse a small community that needs to grow. There could have been a message, i agree, but this wasn't some kind of censorship. The unofficial has been, at worst, post-poned a bit ^^

This event was in their planning for a long time, the rest was, as you said, unfortunate.
    Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
  • I use a lot of gold. Apparently I use vast amounts more than Yak ever thought possible.

But i still come down firmly on the side of people like Mc_Johnsen and No Gold Alliances like French Legion.

Its just that when gold is allowed and my opponent might be using gold... I am gonna use gold too.
    And I have to admit, sometimes it is just lots of fun.

But I'd rather it not exist.
    I put forth some ideas about optional gold caps that would only be available inside Challenge Matches. Maybe some day they will be taken more seriously.
    If the game had more legitimacy we could build the community 10 fold. Maybe 100 fold.

That being said... give this one a try at least.
    Nothing says you can't gang up on the gold users
  • Cycle0 wrote:

The question remains:
    If a user attempts to start a community event, will dorado have their 'moderators' step in and cancel access to the forum?
    On S1914, we had to subvert to Skype to set up alliance tournaments, hope that doesn't happen here.

Well, Oceanhawk is a moderator of the game :D .

No, i think i can say quite clearly that they don't want that. By the way, in Supremacy, at least in France, we organised each year a league, and recently there had been a mini-tournament, all organised by the community, we had no problems at all. I always implied, too, for those cases, that the local moderation force was volunteer to monitor and work hand in hand with the admin team. Never had a single problem. Very Recently, we were asked to "forward" community events and ask permission to our superiors first... But i've yet to encounter a case where we were answered "no".

Cyclone46 : Your ideas have been discussed seriously, and they are interesting. But as stated, right now, they don't have the tools to do that. And planning-speaking, i don't think they would like to create a "revenue limiting tool" for tournaments they don't know if they will drag people. They will consider it much better if experimentations like this one prove to have some attractivness.