Trade options

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Trade options

Why there is no option to trade in resources, provinces with other players? I know, I can trade resources in the market, but I mean sending offers directly to other players in diplomacy (for instance trading with your allies, coalition members). Currently, you can send only relation proposal. Seems strange because in the beggining there was such an option. It works well in the Call of War. It would make the game more interesting and improve the trade - nowadays sometimes there are no trade offers in the market.
  • It is being abused in COW and it was being abused in CON. We shut it down for exactly that reason.
    Player pushing: inviting friends and alliance members to simply give them "all they got" allowing one player to succeed at ease. Rinse and repeat for the other players on other maps.
    Fair? No. Fun? No.

//G
    "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
  • Ok, I understand that some players may have been abusing this. But look also at the other side - I play on your new map for 56 players, day 3. I have a lot of cash and other resources but lacking fuel so I cannot build new buildings (including this war idustry buildings) and develop my economics or produce units. The production of fuel is very low, I also cannot buy fuel because there are no selling offers in the market. This is not fun either. If there was an option to trade between players directly I could buy some fuel from coalition members or allies. Now I have to wait until some offers occur in the market.
  • I agree, and ultimately, those trade options will come back one way or another ;). But for now, the middle ground (and it also has its qualities for tuning how a game evolves) is to expand as much as possible the market offers in order to reduce this problem you have : no money, and no resource to buy.
    Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
  • And of course the option to trade in cities/province/units was also very interesting.

Again I know some may abusing this. But you can plac some e limitations like in CoW - no more than one city/10% of units etc. per day.

It just gave more options in diplomatic - supporting your allies without directly going into war, negotiating peace (for instance I will give you peace if you return me city xyz that you have conquered).
  • You don't have to convince me, i'm already of the church :p.

It remains, ultimately, a temporary situation. It's just that the abuse was too high, far higher than CoW or Supremacy (with the same 10% limitations)
    Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.