Main battle tank balancing

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Main battle tank balancing

Some things of the main battle tanks must be better:
      The MBT now is too useless. Normal the role of the MBT in the last 40 years is changing. After the WW2 it was very important, then with the attack helicopter their role was less important. But now after some Upgrades against anti tank missles the role was more important again.

The eastern doctrin tank has more Speed, but after the engine update is it for waste. The eastern doctrin has no fast infantry like the western doctrin (Marines) or european doctrin (mech. Infantry). For what I Need a fast tank, if they can not drive faster, because the infantry is slower. May be make the mot. infantry faster.

Normal all MBT have mashine guns on the turret, but they cant defent any airunits. Normal they must have a Little power against helicopters (1 like the insurgents) and may be also against aircrafts.

Modern tanks (Tier 3) also have anti missle capabilitíes (may be 2 or 3). If this tank has anti missle capabilities, they are more interesting to built

Also I am waiting :sleeping: of a upgrade for the european main battle tank. Germanico suggest more HPs in citys :whistling: .
      „Morgen, ihr Luschen!“ --- „Morgen, Chef!“ (Ausbilder Schmidt alias Holger Müller bei der Arbeit)

The post was edited 2 times, last by Seele07 ().

• I only suggest a very small air defense ( may be 0,5 against aircrafts and 1 against helicopters) and the missle defense only for tanks tier 3. Now it is too easy to destroy MBTs without any damage on the own aircrafts.
      „Morgen, ihr Luschen!“ --- „Morgen, Chef!“ (Ausbilder Schmidt alias Holger Müller bei der Arbeit)
    • Shotting down a modern plane with a 120 mm projectile from a one-barrel ground platform ?

I'm not expert, but on this, i would really like to get a document that proves it's a legit operational capacity

Won't argue with the rest, i do agree Tanks need more love, but in my opinion, it's more a battlefield problem than an unit problem. (which doesn't mean i don't agree with this balance)
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • The 120 mm gun is against helicopters by the Black Panther not against aircrafts. But every tank has Maschine guns on the turret and they can damage an aircraft. I think the tanks must only have a Little power against helicopters (may be 1) and against aircraft may be 0,5 or 0,3.

And modern tanks ( Tier 3 in the game) have capabilitys against anti tank missles. And in this game the cruise missle represent also the anti tank missle.
      And I suggest the MBT(Tier 3) and the CRV (Tier 3) must have power against missles ( may be 2,5) Then the MBT is interessting to Research on Level 3.
      Now it is not interessting to Level up the MBT. I use the MBT Level 3 in the most times. Then it is fast as the other Units. But a higher Level in the Moment is for waste and very expancive. I can better Research other Units (helicopter or aircrafts) But modern MBT now important again, because they can kill anti tank missles and the attack helicopter use this against the MBTs.
    • The other Thing is, that the Leopard 2 is too weak and slow in this game. I hope it will be changed and the Leopard 2 get an upgrade.
      Also the Speed is too slow. The Abrams often has Problems with the Gas turbine, so it can be slower.

By the Estern MBTs now is the higher Speed for waste, because there is no infantry with a higher Speed. My Suggestion is a higher Speed of mot. inf. or mech inf. eastern doctrin.
    • No, thats not true the Leopard 2 have also 70 km Leopard 2 – Wikipedia Read this
      The Leopard 2 wins a test in Sweden against the Abrams and Saudi Arabien want the Leopard 2 but Germany dont sell.
      The Leopard 2 is one of the best tanks in the world.

What Nation the strongest tank army has is not important. If you have 50 T-14 Armata or 300 K2 Black Panther gives no answer of the best tank.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Seele07 ().

• Tanks, well where to start

Bump up their speed in most terrains,m understand you guys wanted to represent the logistical side of things by limiting their speed, but sure that can be reflected in the uselessness of tanks in Rough terrain

Make Tanks useful in open plains, other than that I think tanks stats are well balanced, maybe a boast for the European skin as mentioned earlier.
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • The Leopard 2 has the same engine like the k2 black panther also a engine from MTU MB 873-Ka 501 . MTU is a German company, also Rheinmatall. And also the Black Panther have only 50 km/h. This speed can be higher but the Tankmen have to endure this :D . And why the Black Panther has no gas turbine from honeywell :D

The M1 Abrams's powertrain consists of a Honeywell AGT 1500 (originally made by Lycoming) multi-fuel gas turbine capable of 1,500 shaft horsepower (1,100 kW) at 3000 rpm and 3,950 lb·ft (5,360 N·m) at 1000 rpm, and a six speed (four forward, two reverse) Allison X-1100-3B Hydro-Kinetic automatic transmission, giving it a governed top speed of 45 mph (72 km/h) on paved roads, and 30 mph (48 km/h) cross-country.

And Germany has very good military industry, but the gouverments in the last 27 years (after cold war) has reduced the army. But the military industry is up to date.

Why the nations like Switzerland, Netherlands, Norway, Canada, Sweden, Spain, Poland, Singapore, Poland, Denmark, Finnland, Greece , Indonesia, Chile, Portugal, Qutar, Denmark buy the Leopard 2?
      The most of this nations have enough money to buy the best tank, but the nations buy the Leopard 2.
      Also Saudi Arab wants this tank.

The Abrams only used from Australia, Egypt, Iraq, Kuwait, Morocco and Saudi Arab buy it because the German Gouverment dont want to sell, because human rights.

The post was edited 6 times, last by Seele07 ().

• Both are 60+ ton western-style tanks with composite armour, a 120 mm smoothbore gun, 4 crew members for a manual loader and some minor technical differences. The greatest difference I see is, Abrams got the edge in raw speed, and the Israeli Merkava in endurance, with slightly higher operational range and greater ammo capacity (by 6-8 rounds)

I quite like the Type 10 tank, which has a 120 mm Rheinmetall gun like the rest, with a composite armour, good netcentric integration, 40-45 tons weight, making it more strategically and tactically mobile and for the weird gimmick that is situational in its usefulness, but some may get all amazed over it, it has a suspension that allows for it to drive as fast backwards as it drives forwards. No longer can the world say Japan can't build proper tanks. It's like the Western quality combined with Excellent mobility.
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • Yes, but I hope the Leopard 2 gets more power or a terrain bonus. Now he is too weak.
      And the gas turbine is not so good because: General Dynamics has been working on a drop-in diesel engine to replace the gas turbine engine. It is smaller than the turbine, 14% cheaper to operate per mile, and has a four-fan cooling system which is to greatly reduce the tank's heat signature
    • Dante4670 wrote:

Please no propaganda. Politicians don't care about: "because human rights.
      It has nothing to do with propaganda. It only should be show, that Saudi Arabia first want the Leopard 2 and the German gouverment dont sell. And then they bought the Abrams.
      If you want, you can forget this.

The Leopard 2 is propelled by the MTU MB 873 Ka-501 engine, which provides 1,500 PS (1,103 kW) at 2,600 rpm and 3,466 lb·ft (4,699 N·m) of torque at 1,600-1,700 rpm. The MTU MB 873 Ka-501 is a four-stroke, 47.7 litre, 90° V-block 12-cylinder, twin-turbocharged and intercooled, liquid-cooled diesel engine (with multi-fuel capability), which has an estimated fuel consumption rate of around 300 litres per 100 km on roads and 500 litres per 100 km across country, and is coupled to the Renk HSWL 354 gear and brake system.[91][110] The Renk HSWL 354 transmission has four forward and two reverse gears, with a torque converter and is completely automatic, with the driver selecting the range.[91] The Leopard 2 has four fuel tanks, which have a total capacity of approximately 1,160 litres, giving a maximum road range of about 500 km.[91] The propulsion pack is capable of driving the tank to a top road speed of 68 km/h (limited to 50 km/h during peacetime by law), and top reverse is 31 km/h. [111] The power pack can be changed in the field in 35 minutes.[91] The engine and transmission is separated from the crew compartment through a fireproof bulkhead.[110] An enhanced version of the EuroPowerPack, with a 1,650 PS (1,214 kW) MTU MT883 engine has also been trialled by the Leopard 2.[110]
      The Leopard 2 has a torsion bar suspension, and has advanced friction dampers. The running gear consists of seven dual rubber-tyred road wheels and four return rollers per side, with the idler wheel at the front and drive sprocketat the rear.[91] The tracks are Diehl 570F tracks, with rubber-bushed end connectors, which have removable rubber pads and use 82 links on each track. For use in icy ground, up to 18 rubber pads can be replaced by the same number of grousers, which are stored in the vehicle's bow when not in use.[91] The upper part of the tracks are covered with side skirts.[108]
      The Leopard 2 can drive through water 4 meters (13 ft) deep using a snorkel or 1.2 meters (3 ft 11 in) without any preparation. It can climb vertical obstacles over one metre high.
      The German Army has prioritized mobility in its Leopard 2, which may be considered the fastest MBT in existence.[112]