Instant disembark

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Instant disembark

I was fighting a small stack of unis in a city, and out of the radar came a 12 stack- on a transport plane.

This plane then, while the city was under assault, unloaded all twelve units as if nothing was happening- instantly. They landed, and engaged my troops.

I honestly don't get how airborne troops take an hour to disembark, but giant transport planes take no time whats so ever.
    • I think that the units can go into combat immediately but infantry can't conquer territory until their deployment timer runs out. It is curious that non-airborne units can do that as well. I wonder why...

Next time, take along some air defense units or put a fighter over the city you're trying to conquer, just in case.
      "The enemy cannot push a button, if you disable his hand."
      Sergeant Zim, Terran Federation
    • RasczakRough wrote:

I think that the units can go into combat immediately but infantry can't conquer territory until their deployment timer runs out. It is curious that non-airborne units can do that as well. I wonder why...

Next time, take along some air defense units or put a fighter over the city you're trying to conquer, just in case.
      Oh i had that, but he is the only person ive seen so far that used stacks of 4 theater defense systems. I'm talking a huge amount of AA, most of his research had went into it, as his MBT only hit lvl 2 by day 30
    • There is a situation, if you are sending those units while you own the city/air base it will proceed and land. If you adjust in flight, it will recheck ownership and determine that it can't land. So I don't touch units when I see that situation developing.
      "For what shall it profit a man, if he gain the whole world, and suffer the loss of his soul?" -