Issue : Scarcity

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Ok, what I'm going to do with last annexion update :
      Never annex. Just build an airport, sell every buildings to get ressources.
      The return on annex investment is just too long (maybe 50 turns ?) and as I don't need military building I will just sell them to get those rare ressources and avoid the enemy to rebuild its country.
      Then I could even let them revolt and just build my airport on openfield.
      I mean, scarcity avoid us to afford most of things. And annexion cost is even worst now ! Where will we get all these ressources ??
      The only thing to do is to develop our homeland and burn the rest of the world (like USA do...).
      Frexit
    • I agree. Cities no longer have any war time value.
      The best way is to work around the cities and come back and get them once the war is complete and you are farming VP for the official stat.

It seems to be pulling in the opposite direction of what I would have wanted. Turning the game into more of a time-sink than a strategy war game.
      Hopefully this is just some sort of a test.
    • You get a +25% bonus production when you annex. But, it's from 1/4 of your homeland production AND when the city will reach 100% of its production (in fact, never). You can hope 60 % of happiness in average. So, to get something like 50 % of an homeland city production, you have to invest a huge amount of ressources (annexion, arms industry, civilian facilities for happyness) and wait a long time before reaching this goal. I bet you will end the game before reaching it.
      Meanwhile, your homeland cities have enough ressources to win the game , if you know how to not waste ressources (that's why my economic score sucks :).

This annexion MAY worth the cost if the city production output would be equal to a homeland city (wich makes the word "annexion" a real sense).
      Frexit
    • tinydragon303 wrote:

If you want to actually be able to build things (like airbases) and mobilize forces much closer to the front then you might not want to forget annexation...
      In a competitive game it would not be worth it. A field airbase is faster and gives a small chance to go unnoticed.
      Annexation is such a big deal now, it is hardly worth it.
      Give a good player the resources from two annexations, and he can win the game with it.

The only circumstance where top tier players are going to annex is when they are ahead by far or have plenty of resources. And it is at this stage that we consider the game already over.
      Maybe in a pub game. But in a competitive game, the player who does these super expensive annexations is going to have a nation full of an occupying force from the player who built units instead.

Edit: Also... from what I can tell in my game, you no longer need to Annex in order to build buildings. So you don't even need to annex to make that airport. (I need to check this one out a bit more to be sure, but this is how it is shaping up.)
    • And now airports cost much more electronics. I don't even know if i will build as much airport than before.
      I don't really understand this upgrade. I point the problem of scarcity and now everything is way more expensive !

Also, as Cyclone has noticed, only experienced players can think like us. Most of new players will try to build useless and expensive stuffs and will be rapidly destroyed, just because they gonna lake of ressource while we concentrate on essential buildings,and the management of scarcity.
      Frexit
    • Yeah, new players are doing weird things like building 3 level 5 naval bases, and cranking out 3 aircraft carriers, and then used them like they had planes on them (might change the graphic not to have them). He got pissed when my corvettes sunk them, but I messaged him that he might want to put planes on the carrier to make it effective.
      "For what shall it profit a man, if he gain the whole world, and suffer the loss of his soul?" -
    • MallahanJr wrote:

Yeah, new players are doing weird things like building 3 level 5 naval bases, and cranking out 3 aircraft carriers, and then used them like they had planes on them (might change the graphic not to have them). He got pissed when my corvettes sunk them, but I messaged him that he might want to put planes on the carrier to make it effective.
      lol Found this one guy who spammed artillery and then I overran him with tanks and Strike Fighters and he went ape-wire.