2020 - A Modern Role Play Game
This game is a Geopolitical Roleplay Game. The objective is to create a realistic environment in which each player can play as the leader of their designated country and to consider the long reaching implications of their actions not only within their own country but throughout the international community.
There will be no Land-Grabbing in this match and if you wish to play a game where you try and conquer as much territory as possible, then there are plenty of other regular games that are hosted which you may participate in. Such behavior will result in your immediate expulsion from the game and you will be banned from future participation in hosted Roleplay Games.
Ideas for Roleplay Emphasis:
- Can your government protect your nation's airspace?
- Respond to foreign and domestic threats?
- Would your nation lead a UN peacekeeping force to deal with the threats from around the world?
- Can your nation express the true strength of your people on a global scale?
- Can your nation respond around the world when one of your citizens are harmed?
- Is your nation focused on economic strength and assisting smaller nations?
- Does your nation spread its cultural influence across the planet with having to resort to violence?
- What is the current political situation within your country? Perhaps a change in government is on the horizon?
- What domestic issues are you currently experiencing in your designated country? How would you effectively deal with those issues?
Outline of General Rules
1. No land grabbing
Definition of land grabbing:
"Landgrabbing" is something that all RPers hate. It's pretty much just invading a nation for no reason at all except for land. For example, if say France were to attack the UK and invade them just because they wanted the UK's land, that'd be land grabbing. You must have a reason for war, which preferably you will build up over a few days at least. However mass expansion is not advised, considering the time period, the days of large scale invasions are more or less over.
2. No Gold use, we promote equal gameplay experience income set aside.
3. No trolling
4. Must post everyday in Newspaper! Posts must exceed or be equal to 1 well written
5. Must make all decisions based off a reasonable decision your country would make in real life during that time period.
6. You must have a legitimate reason for war! ALWAYS resort to diplomacy first.
7. Do not escalate situations fast for conflict.
Legitimate reasons for war should be common sense in this community. If you lack common sense, please refer to an admin of the game (myself) or some of the more experienced players in the game. and he will guide you in the right direction.
8. Tech tree must be followed at all times, failure to comply will result in extermination from the game for the slightest breach. This will also result in a ban from all future CoN RPs and your name being given to other game hosts along with the nature of your violation
9. Activity in Discord is essential. Much of the Roleplay will be conducted in the various Discord Channels, including United Nations meetings, resolutions, etc.
10. AI (Computer Player) Interactions are NOT allowed. Players are to ignore the actions of the Computer Controlled Countries. Do not invade them. Do not RP their actions. Ignore their actions entirely. The ONLY exception to this is if/when the Game Admin/Host posts an “Admin Sponsored Action” and announces it to the game members in Discord.
11. Each Day In-Game = 1 Month RP Time.
The Map will be the new 56 Player Map.
USA - Puerto Rico
All other nations remain with their current borders as defined by the chosen map.
The Tech Tree used for this game is the Universal RPU CoN Tech Tree and is designed to provide a greater sense of realism for the match. You may find the link to it below.
DO NOT research units that are not allowed by your tech tree. If you are confused or do not understand something within the tech tree, please consult me or another game Moderator for clarification before beginning research.
Any violation of the Tech Tree will result in the player’s removal from the RP Game and a Ban from future participation.
Link - docs.google.com/document/d/1-Q…H_2P36Yc/edit?usp=sharing
The Security Council
A resolution in the SC needs an approval of all members not abstaining. A negative vote/ veto kills the bill dead in its tracks. Abstaining is not allowed on matters of new members joining the UN
- After approval by the Security Council, the UN may send peacekeepers to regions where armed conflict has recently ceased or paused to enforce the terms of peace agreements and to discourage combatants from resuming hostilities.
- Call upon other member nations to completely or partially interrupt economic relations as well as sea, air, postal, and radio communications, or to sever diplomatic relations
- The Security Council to take action to protect civilians in an armed conflict, including taking action against genocide, war crimes, ethnic cleansing, and crimes against humanity.
- The Council has broader power to decide what measures are to be taken in situations involving "threats to the peace, breaches of the peace, or acts of aggression". In such situations, the Council is not limited to recommendations but may take action, including the use of armed force "to maintain or restore international peace and security" (Includes binding Economic sanctions)
- The Permanent Members of the UNSC can, at their discretion, induct one (1) temporary member to join the Security Council. All Permanent Members must vote unanimously in favor of the candidate country and, if admitted, the Temporary Member will remain on the Security Council for a period of 2 years and will NOT have Veto Powers.
All Applications will be taken on the Discord Server that has been created for this Game. You MUST fill out the application entirely. Failure to do so, or failure to follow instructions will result in you not be accepted and not permitted to join the game.
Once your application has been accepted, you will be contacted in a private message on Discord and be given your country assignment as well as the Game ID Number and Password.
Link to the Discord Server: (Failure to submit an application within 48 hours of joining the server will result in your removal. All players who are in Discord, but have not submitted an application by the time I create the Game (Monday- September 18th) will be removed from discord.)
“It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived.”
George S. Patton Jr.
George S. Patton Jr.
The post was edited 3 times, last by Cptamerica1701 ().