Resource Trading

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Resource Trading

Earlier today I was talking with one of the players in my current game. We were talking about trading resources. We had agreed that I would give him so rare materials in return for fuel. I clicked on the trade option and to my surprise and dismay, I saw that I was only able to "trade" relations. I asked in the Help channel if we weren't allowed to trade resources anymore because I thought I might just be dealing with some sort of bug and daifrit confirmed that it was true that we weren't able to trade resources due to people abusing the ability. We had a couple ideas on how to reduce the amount of abuse and I'd like to list them here as well as some others that I have thought of in the past couple hours. Keep in mind that I have only recently started playing the game again and haven't been following a lot of the stuff in the forums, I did look through a couple threads about trading. If I do mention ideas that have been used already, I apologize.

Anyway, I think one good way to reduce the abuse of resource trading would be to simply limit the amount of resources that you can receive or give in a trade. I also think that having both traders paying a fee in order to transport the resources could work as well. As an addition to the transport fee, you could make it so that it actually takes time to send the resources to their destination depending on how far apart the 2 trader's countries are (this was daifrit's idea, if I remember correctly). Increasing the amount paid for the transport fee based on how far apart the trader's countries are could be an added incentive to not abuse the system.

I also have another, more complex idea that could allow resource trading but decrease the amount of abuse of the system. I have no experience developing games, so I really don't have much of a clue how difficult or easy it would be to implement these ideas but, I don't think it should be too hard to get these working. Correct me if I'm wrong. Anyway, I think that having each player pay a certain percentage of the lowest unit price for a certain type of resource on the market in order to receive that resource from a trade would be a good way to limit abuse of trading. For example, let's say that I want 1000 fuel from a player, and he/she wants 1500 electronics in return, both of us would have to pay a percentage (25% maybe) of the lowest unit price on the market multiplied by the amount of each of the resources we want. Therefore, I would have to pay 25% of a unit price of 5 multiplied by the 1000 fuel that I want. Of course the developers might think it would be better to have the percentage be 50 or 75% and I guess that would be raised or lowered depending on player feedback and/or the amount of abuse going on.

If you add all the other ideas I mentioned earlier, there really isn't much incentive to abuse the ability to trade resources. Players have to pay a small percentage of the unit price of a resource, they have to pay a transport fee, they have to wait for the resources to come in, and all of these prices and waiting times increase or decrease depending on multiple factors that can be controlled by the 2 people wishing to trade with each other but only to a small extent. On top of that, you can still decide to limit the amount of resources each player can give and receive per day. Also these ideas add a certain amount of strategy to trading with others. Players have to decide whether it is worth it to wait for a cheap price on the market for the resources they need or they can trade with someone for them at a cheaper price while having to give the other player some resources as well.

Those are all the ideas I have on making a good trading system for now. Feel free to add other ideas and feedback about the ideas as I might have overlooked some negatives to the ideas I mentioned in this post.
    • Another idea is put a minimum rank requirement for the ability to trade. Most, if not all of the abuse is by first time players (possibly multi-accounts). This would give some meaning to the ranking system, which currently is only for show, and perhaps bragging rights.

Another idea: allow trading in formal Alliance Challenge Matches. Currently, the only cooperation allowed in these matches is in battles and maneuvers.
    • You in your proposal do it in good faith, but unfortunately there are people who use the shops to give resources to another account, this is a procedure that use multi accounts, it is something unfortunate but it is the reality.
      We all have difficulties with the shops as they would be very useful, and you will find a way to have them again without benefiting the people who use them for evil.
      Retroceder Nunca, Rendirse Jamas :thumbup:
    • Cycle0 wrote:

Another idea is put a minimum rank requirement for the ability to trade. Most, if not all of the abuse is by first time players (possibly multi-accounts). This would give some meaning to the ranking system, which currently is only for show, and perhaps bragging rights.

Another idea: allow trading in formal Alliance Challenge Matches. Currently, the only cooperation allowed in these matches is in battles and maneuvers.
      I love this idea, it would be very good
      Retroceder Nunca, Rendirse Jamas :thumbup:
    • At first i wanted to support resource trading in Alliance matches only. Because in Alliance matches it is very unlikely to happen in an abusive way.
      Plus, we are much better equipped to combat this even if it did happen.

But then i got to thinking all of the ways it could be used in a group strategy.
      Things such as having the bottom 2 players feeding the top 2, early on, for a fast high tech attack. The bottom 2 could keep enough to defend themselves, but still feed the top 2 to make them blitz right over their neighbors.
      It might get to the point where Alliances who did not use a strat like this were at a big disadvantage.

It would be fair. It would be beatable. But i am not sure it is what we want.

I still support the idea in part though. But I like the idea of restraining or limiting it. So much per day etc.
    • the part i liked and support is the resources transport thing , that's a nice idea so main way to transport resources should be with transport ships , so countries with no harbor/water side would use to transport by ground convey or air transport which is more expensive , all resources transport vehicles/ships/aircraft are able to destroy by enemy forces so protected needed. ive just made that XD . and cities which is able to send/receive resources should have a building/depot that store and protect resources idk if all the idea is possible , ok good luck guys
    • Germanico wrote:

We got something cooking in this regards - don't forget we turned resource sharing off due to abuse.
      Presently we are increasing the automatic cheating prevention measures - so... potentially... just to spread a rumour...
      Please take great care with these "automatic cheating prevention measures".
      I am a firm believer in that it is better to let 100 murderers go free than to lock up just 1 innocent man.
      This is the principle that my Nation's justice system was founded on. And it still doesn't work out this way.
    • It happens that the system is wrong. Ultimately, it's an algorithm. But then, it's why you can have humans to speak with
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.