Im newone - Polish doctrine, eastern doctrine??

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Im newone - Polish doctrine, eastern doctrine??

Hi!
    Can you explain me how NATO member Poland is in Eastern Tech Tree and Ukraina (not NATO member, not even EU member) in European Tech Tree?
    Did you know that Polish Army has Leopards and PT-91 --> PT-17 is upgraded in NATO standards? F-16 but also MiG-29. Polish AHS Crab fit more to European Tech Tree then to Eastern, with towed...
    I saw that in newest games, starting troops are different, no tanks, no art, no helicopter gunships. Good idea. But think about that I wrote. Polish Army is NATO army. It has propably lots of tanks as former Warsaw Pact member but it is western (in game, European) army. Far more then Ukraina.
  • Hi, this is a very asked question, and the answer is that doctrins were not assignated with realism as a goal. The goal was more to get diversities of unit graphics in the fights. It fitted better the gameplay balance that Poland got Eastern and Ukraine got UE, even if it's not close to reality equipement
    Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
  • Old design is not dominating. It depends what we compare. Tanks are 50/50 (Leopards and Twardy/T72, in fact, T72 are propably mothball). Aircrafts, the same, F16/MiG-29 and SU-22. Handweapons - NATO-like :D Art and others, design is maybe from Soviet Union, but in fact this is NATO compatible equipment.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_…of_the_Polish_Land_Forces

Still is far more European then Ukrainian army :D
    As we're talking about balance... so why you dont place Spain in US Techtree, then France in Eastern Techtree, Germany in European, UK and Italy and Belarus in US Techtree, then all will be mixed and balanced. You are the Boss but for me, if Ukrainian army is in EU Techtree the same US Army can be Eastern :)
  • DSW1979 wrote:

Old design is not dominating. It depends what we compare. Tanks are 50/50 (Leopards and Twardy/T72, in fact, T72 are propably mothball). Aircrafts, the same, F16/MiG-29 and SU-22. Handweapons - NATO-like :D Art and others, design is maybe from Soviet Union, but in fact this is NATO compatible equipment.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_…of_the_Polish_Land_Forces

Still is far more European then Ukrainian army :D
    As we're talking about balance... so why you dont place Spain in US Techtree, then France in Eastern Techtree, Germany in European, UK and Italy and Belarus in US Techtree, then all will be mixed and balanced. You are the Boss but for me, if Ukrainian army is in EU Techtree the same US Army can be Eastern :)
    Let's say it's a mixed force, with Soviet and Western block armament, it's an interesting point.
    Retroceder Nunca, Rendirse Jamas :thumbup:
  • Rest assured we have several Polish colleagues, including a game designer, working on the game and the maps.

Discussed this before and will do again: The majority of Polish 91 Tanks are converted T 72, the overall majority of vehicles and artillery is... Warsaw Pact era.

Isn't this much more about players (Polish or other) feeling their country should belong to the west? Then let me tell you that the doctrine is NOT a faction.

Just like all forces former East Bloc nations are now upgrading their military equipment and doctrines. This includes Russia interestingly. So our categorization really has to be seen in "game" terms more than reality.

Please also don't forget we start in Cold War technology, so we should potentially change the Ukraine - but not Poland. We simply don't have the manpower and resources to give every nation the detailed and accurate tech tree they deserve.

//G
    "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
  • For CoN versio 12.10.2019, maybe premium tech tree :D. And the CoN market where player sell/buy their rare skin of the strike fighter 300 $
    Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
  • Moderation team is player-based. You surely saw the news asking for polish players to enlist in the moderation. You now understand why : I take your willingness to correct the moderator that helps with his free time to answer problems in a language he doesn't know, as an expression of your desire to solve this problem. You know where to apply for the team, i think.
  • We can argue - how much Poland is or isnt in Soviet Doctrine... but facts are so -> Polish Army is NATO army years. Poland is EU member. You cant say that about Ukraina.
    Ask NATO soldiers who fought with Polish in Iraq, Afghanistan, Chad (this was peace operation) and in several other countries what is the truth.
    As Dante 467o wrote - it can be disrespectful for Polish. And for sure - this is unrealistic.
  • Hello folks,

This has turned into a flame thread directed towards the support team and so I am closing it with the following reasons;

a) Insulting other forum users or the staff is prohibited. This already results from the rules of etiquette, but should be emphasised here again.

b) If Players of other server supported langauges have issues with support replies, then please apply to the volunteer support team

Have fun playing!
    Dr. Leipreachán

Community Support
    Dr. Leipreachán - EN Team Lead
    EN Community Support
    Dorado Games | Conflict of Nations | Senior Support