Quitting a game

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quitting a game

HELLO, what makes some you quit a game 6 days into it? I have been involved in a good number of games and have only experienced say 5 where at the end there were 5 or more left and by more I mean 7. I think if you quit a game prior to its ending there should be a penalty. starting from warning for first offenders to suspension for a period of time. Also perhaps games shouldnt be allowed to begin unless there is a certain # of players, just a thought. Also I think there should be beginner only games for people just starting out. What do you all think
    • Well considering the fact that some people can be nearly or completely destroyed by day 6, I can see why people leave by then. As for having few players by the end of games, I haven't played enough to notice a trend yet but in the 2 games that I played until the end, there were only about 2 or 3 people left. Keep in mind that these games were played before the coalition update happened, so there weren't many groups of players working together, just a few pacts between countries.

Regarding the penalty idea, I think it isn't a really good idea to have penalties for people who leave, especially for those who have been almost wiped out by day 6, there is no reason for people in that situation to keep playing, in my opinion. However, if there are people who continuously leave games early on, and for no real good reasons, I think giving penalties to those players would make sense.

The idea of only allowing the game to start after a certain number of players have joined sounds like a great idea to me. I also agree with having beginner only games too. Often the newer players get destroyed by more experienced ones early on (yeah I admit to being part of this). It would definitely help if there was an option for new players to join games where everyone is below a certain level so they can learn the game at a slower pace. For the new players who don't mind more of a challenge, they can always join the normal games.