A way for measuring distance

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• A way for measuring distance

so i wanna scout an enemy city, i send an air fighter so only the tip of his patrol touches the city. i see no troops, i attack. get ganged by an entire army that was there the whole time.
      This is one of many scenarios, where a way to measure distance could solve it.

As you know, when you go on patrols, when you see radar and unit range, you sometimes miss the distance by 3-4(distance values) and the whole thing goes down 4 nothing.
      I don't think adding it will make this game less appealing, i think it will more likely improve it... just condsider it.
      The best way to win an arguement is to yell at the other person curses in your own language.
    • Why would you only have the tip of the patrol circle on the city? Was it the tip of the Radar sweep? If I want to scout an enemy city, I put the arrow just inside the city hexagon. My issue for having a distance measurement tool of some sort is when I am trying to plan out interlocking levels of the anti aircraft type. Mobile AA is smaller than SAMS, SAMS smaller than TDS. If I have a cluster of say 5 cities, I want to optimize the placement of my units to build as few as possible but achieve aerial attack protection, without just eyeballing it.
      "For what shall it profit a man, if he gain the whole world, and suffer the loss of his soul?" -
    • MallahanJr wrote:

Why would you only have the tip of the patrol circle on the city? Was it the tip of the Radar sweep? If I want to scout an enemy city, I put the arrow just inside the city hexagon. My issue for having a distance measurement tool of some sort is when I am trying to plan out interlocking levels of the anti aircraft type. Mobile AA is smaller than SAMS, SAMS smaller than TDS. If I have a cluster of say 5 cities, I want to optimize the placement of my units to build as few as possible but achieve aerial attack protection, without just eyeballing it.
      thats another way to use it, i didnt bring every reasont here was for this tool, but you are indeed correct. its frustrating that there a hole in ur AA system you cant really measure.
      The best way to win an arguement is to yell at the other person curses in your own language.