Theme of the modification of the Construction Queue.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Theme of the modification of the Construction Queue.

As the days go by and no one answers, it seems that the Construction Tail is not going to be fixed. For then at least, at least, what they could do, is to leave the Cola panel fixed, so that when a unit or a building moves, up or down, a position, as it is now, so unless the panel does not jump to each move to the first position and you have to look for the building or unit to the position in which it is. This though is not a big change as expected, at least if it improves the current situation that is desperate. Thank you very much and greet ALGARFER.
    • To me the Construction queue still works as before, I move a unit or building from any position and moves a position up or down and automatically the tail goes to the first position, is not fixed, to be able to keep moving that same unit or building, it is necessary to return to look for it in the same position where it was, a position higher, or one below. I am Algarfer as user and at the moment I have 5 open games, plus one that I finished yesterday and in all the same thing happens . Their numbers are: 2098283, 2110053, 2112273, 2112359, 2119674 and 2125025. Thank you very much and greet Algarfer.
    • It is a "feature" and part of your legacy code. I go around my cities and see what I want and load up the build queue with say 40 items. I say, oh man I need #40 to go next so I move it up to go to #39...then I have to scroll all the way down (because only the first 8 are displayed) to #39 click the up arrow, now its #38 and the build queue refreshes to #1 to #8 and you start the process of scrolling down, and so on till you get it up to #1. I believe the "on arrow up/arrow down event" is triggered, it rereads the table from the top instead of keeping the current view, it should be (number of event moved minus 8/ if number is less than 1 than it equals 1) to be displayed, so that as you are scrolling up its keeping it in range of what you are moving.

Edit: The way I do it if this situation happens: I delete everything, put what I wanted 1st, then go back and queue it up again, which puts extra load on the server because the number of transactions occuring is greater than if you just displayed the "floating" eight entries.
      "For what shall it profit a man, if he gain the whole world, and suffer the loss of his soul?" -
    • I know it's an old thread, but the issue is still present. And it’s really annoying.

I really like to put stuff in a queue, it's quite useful - especially in the 4x time maps - but managing one is just a nightmare. It’s not a problem if your queue has like 10 or less rows. However, usually, my Build queues have 30+ fields and to prioritize last added item, you need to literally click through all the lines. Especially that, as Algarfer said, each time you click the (move up/move down) arrow button - the whole list jumps to the beginning… so you need to scroll down and repeat the process. As many times as it’s necessary. That’s just painful.

All we need are just 2 additional buttons – move to the first/move to the last position of the queue.
    • Understand that the code does a query on the database again to read the results, and that is why the queue is refreshed. With browsers you have a stateless condition as the assumption, meaning that you don't have a reference on screen, you have to requery the database to get the most updated information, otherwise you could inject data that was wrong, thereby creating a security issue. So, they will never be able to change it by the nature of how web browsers handle server side data. The only solution I have found is to clear your entire queue, then re queue your desires. It's easier than moving the shit.
      "For what shall it profit a man, if he gain the whole world, and suffer the loss of his soul?" -