Hacking, EMP, (Electromagnetic impulse.)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hacking, EMP, (Electromagnetic impulse.)

I was wondering if the developing team was working on something like EMP or hacking a country.

Like for example, hacking could be at buy item under Intel, that makes the player lose control of his units for short matter of time (like 1 hour), while you can attack him. It will defiantly be a feature I will use, but maybe it’s too overpowered? An option like " Hack Country", will add some more realisme to the game. Maybe someone have a better Idea?

As of EMP I’m thinking of a bomb you can develop after you have nuclear warheads. Like after researching nuclear bombs, you can research how to incorporate an EMP into your nuclear bomb (some nukes emit a EMP, after detonating), and last research of creating an independent EMP bomb. The effect would be something similar to hacking, but this time units in the area will be down for a longer time (thinking of a feature similar to decontamination time). Say I use an EMP to nuke a city somewhere, but the nuke (which aren’t that overpowered), don’t kill all units, but instead give them a timeout (maybe planes around, that aren’t protected, should fall down also). You can protect against EMP’S, by upgrading you stuff to the highest possible level. I think it will be an interesting feature to give the game, and I don’t believe it will require that much coding.
    • Nuclear warheads usually create a EMP, even if it's not the "most important thing" people see about them. I don't know if i like a new layer of gold or "strategical weapon", but this could definitely be a buff of the ICBM ^^
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Opulon wrote:

Nuclear warheads usually create a EMP, even if it's not the "most important thing" people see about them. I don't know if i like a new layer of gold or "strategical weapon", but this could definitely be a buff of the ICBM ^^
      Agreed. That will defiantly be an interesting extra feature, since it takes way too long to actually build and use ICMB. Maybe it will pay more off to have and EMP build, since the 3 warhead should expell a fair amount of EMP. As for the other stuff, I just really believe that EMP weapons and especially hacking will be a vital part on how wars in the future will unfold. Like Hacking can be devastating, if countries don’t have proper protection, for it will not only affect power/water supplies and other vital infrastructures, but directly on how all military equiment will behave. Nowdays, everything is electronical. Missels, Veicles, Planes, all run on componentet that in one way or another can be hacked. Since we are fighting in the future wars, I just believe that hacking and electronic warefare havent really been introduced as the vital part I belive it will play in the real wars to come.

The post was edited 1 time, last by sand4435 ().