Nukes available too soon

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Nukes available too soon

The most advanced weapon in the game in action ->
    Files
  • I am in this game too.
    It is literally the first time in all my games at CON that I have seen ICBM's in Action on this scale.
    So I am loving it.

Just because it happens once... does not mean it is too soon.
    The guy clearly paid big money for all of this.
    I am estimating around $200.00 so far. And if I get out of the starting gate and don't get clobbered by Argentina... i am gonna make him spend another $200.00.

Let the man have his fun, he paid dearly for it.
  • Cyclone46 wrote:

I am in this game too.
    It is literally the first time in all my games at CON that I have seen ICBM's in Action on this scale.
    So I am loving it.

Just because it happens once... does not mean it is too soon.
    The guy clearly paid big money for all of this.
    I am estimating around $200.00 so far. And if I get out of the starting gate and don't get clobbered by Argentina... i am gonna make him spend another $200.00.

Let the man have his fun, he paid dearly for it.
    They nerfed the snot out of airborne infantry because people would complain that they were OP , people could not defend against them , why should nukes be treated any differently than low tech airborne ?
    I don't care how much he spent.
  • Airborne were nerfed because they were being abused with or without gold.

ICBM's are not even possible (in mass) on day 9 without a whole lot of gold. So it can't be abused unless it is purchased.

There is a HUGE different here.
    A player could spend the same amount of money and beat you with any unit.
    If I wanted to put $200.00 into the game on day 3.... I could over run you using nothing but National Guard.
    Does this mean that National guard are too over powered?

When you ask for something to be nerfed, it should need a nerf based on the game itself. Not just because a player can purchase a victory.
    What you are actually asking for is a nerf on gold.

The fact is just the opposite. Nukes are too weak. Not too strong. We've never seen one in a team game. And never will unless they are buffed.
    The day they are available is not very relevant. We still do not see them unless they are purchased.

I dream of a day when we can follow the nuke path as a viable strategic option in a game without gold.
  • Cyclone46 wrote:

There is a HUGE different here.
    A player could spend the same amount of money and beat you with any unit.
    If I wanted to put $200.00 into the game on day 3.... I could over run you using nothing but National Guard.
    Does this mean that National guard are too over powered?
    You can't obliterate a nation half a world away with infantry on day 9 , infantry assault on a city does not require annex and cleanup time. In a 3 player coalition on this map it takes 4k VP to win , who is going to annex all those cities and clean them up for a few VP ?
    Nukes are an end game weapon , ruining a server for the other 40 people on it , on day 9 should not be an option no matter how much you pay.
  • Cyclone46 wrote:

National guard are too over powered?
    National guards were nerfed in last update, they were OP (until update 2 nat. guards were same price as 1 motoinf, also 2 nat. guards have same power but 2 times more hp, and until update they had not terrain penalty on speed)
    National guards were definitly OP. Now it is almoast junk. Way to expensive for that new stats.

ICBM lvl1 until day 15 shoould not be possible, imho for sure.
    And, really bid AND: after using 10+ chemo and almoast 20 ICBM'S he has not war with all npc's, not even all npc's have embargoed him, WTF????
  • Germanico wrote:

I tend to concur with cyclone here: we hardly ever see a nuke option being fully played - price to yield ratio may be the reason. Probably needs some price or production tweaking.

Will look into it...
    Or is it possible for some type of compromise?

@Liqter What if nukes were available a little later into the game. But they were stronger against units and slightly cheaper?
    Such as (and these are just random numbers - not fully thought through):
    Nukes available on day 6.
    Balistic on day 12.
    ICBM on day 18.

This would make regular nukes more feasible as an option to No Gold Team Matches.
    While offering better protection against mass gold spending. But it would still allow for the gold spender to have their day. Just not till day 18 when people might have some level of defense in place for it.

My issue is that we never get to use a nuke in a team match.
    If it was more effective and a little cheaper we would see them used though.
    So long as we could start research by day 6.

These are just ideas.
    I'd like to see the Nuke become a viable strategy even when gold is not used.
    I don't want to see them become "cheap". Just simply "worth" the investment.
    it has to be available to use by day 8 or 9 though. Otherwise our games would be nearing completion already.
  • Hi Liqter,

I checked out the game 2130255 - that's the one I believe you are referring to?
    What exactly is the issue with a player launching ICBMs? We are trying to understand what is disturbing you to prevent players not affected by the nukes from leaving. Please assist.

//G
    "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
  • Liqter wrote:

I just archived this server because golden boy is at it again today , launching ICBM's all over the place.
    Do you even realize that he was nuking himself?

Not only that... but someone used gold to zero out the morale of every single City belonging to NK and to one of his Allies.

Now NK is nuking himself with dozens of ICBM's.

Personally, I find this game quite entertaining. And I'll feel the same way when the nukes are turned against me. I have an AA umbrella slowly going up though :)
  • Germanico wrote:

Hi Liqter,

What exactly is the issue with a player launching ICBMs? We are trying to understand what is disturbing you to prevent players not affected by the nukes from leaving. Please assist.

//G
    It's not about receiving ICBM. It's about the feeling of futility of any kind of resistance or that this is even a game and not a humiliation where you are the cattle. On supremacy, when someone golds 100 tanks Day 10 (4 days before the regular players will get their first tank), they usually just ... raise their hands in submission and leave. However, considering how much money the guy spended, it's not really a TRUE problem for the game.

And those guys are rare. Very rare. They happen, though.
    Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
  • Germanico wrote:

Hi Liqter,

//G
    I have several things to say about this.
    I enjoy the strategy and tactical aspects of CON , learning how each unit works , what units work best together in both defense and offense , parts of the game that make me think about what move i will make next. I try to be efficient with resources early on by building , training in a certain order , not wasting resources on things i can't use right away. It takes time and effort to play this way. The game can be very dynamic with ground vs ground , air to ground , air to air and sea battles all going on at once , it is challenging to fight against another player like that , it makes you THINK. Unlimited end game weapon use this early removes everything i like about the game.
    Question: How many cities on this map do you need to reduce to 1 population before it becomes impossible for a coalition to earn enough VP to end the game ?
    With annex cost/time it could take months.
  • Germanico wrote:

Also, issue with launching 20+ ICBM's while few minutes is until day 15++:
    a) feeling deressive, cause own antimissile defence is not even researched. (it was day 8 )
    b) realizing, that some one has really many VIP advantages, timeskipped units, ressource delivery. for lounching that ammount of ICBms same time he needed launchers, many launchers. and goddamn warheads.
    c) realizing, that AI is really too weak to be helpfull vs nuklear aggressor. he used chem. weapon day 6, and ICBM's day 8 and AI dont boter about much.

SmexiMexi wrote:

Seeing him destroy himself was by far the weirdest thing Id ever seen. My first question was "Who nuked DK?" That was by far one of the weirdest things Ive seen in this game to dated. That guy is truly someone Id like to be friends with haha
    i think he tried to say us what can be with RL if NK and USA have a war: millions of asians die, and none american or even nobody bother of it.

Liqter wrote:

I just archived this server
    Hello please return, you have coalition duty !!! 8)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Last warrior ().

• Well I am not in the same level as cyclone &company, I just wanted to put my two cents in. I generally don't care if someone gets nukes early. They are so expensive that if he isn't emptying his wallet, he is sacrificing having other units, so I am ok with that, and if he is a spend $200 kind of guy (not many but i have run into at least 3...) once I realize he plans on buying a win, i usually just archive it. 20 nukes on day 9, that type of guy wants to win the match, so why bother trying? another game is ready and waiting.

I also don't think the fact that you can spend your way to icbm's unbalancing, because you are just as capable of spending (and a LOT cheaper) to get a wack load of TDS's and have a missile shield that will stop his missiles.
    ----------------------

Jacopo: Why not just kill them? I'll do it! I'll run up to Paris - bam, bam, bam, bam. I'm back before week's end. We spend the treasure. How is this a bad plan?

Remember that no one ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb idiot die for his country.