Intelligence is too expensive

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Intelligence is too expensive

if anything needs an adjustment i would say it is espionage. 10k per spy, 4k per day, and if you are low on money, he leaves... not worth it. And in modern warfare, information is really valuable. intelligence should not be so prohibitive.

And drones really do need to be cheaper. they don't do much besides spot targets, they aren't available really early, the building req's are pretty steep, so it would be nice that when they can be built if they could be built faster and cheaper. Until they get stealth they don't have long life spans, i think we would see a lot more drone use if the lvl 1 was cheap and quick to build, and the next gen had better weapons.

Lastly special forces - they do building damage, but you can't target buildings, if you send them into a city that is undefended, they don't attack it's buildings. I would love to see SF's used for high value target missions. Destroying supply stockpiles (specific resources), destroying buildings (specific), or disrupting production by lowering morale. I know you can get spies to do all of this, but there missions are very generic in the targets, you don't have any control, and as above, insanely expensive.

If any ally /proxy was fighting a war, it would be cool to be able to send in some stealth drones and stealth sf's to cause mayhem, with maybe some stealth strikes by bombers/Strike fighters to really take out key targets. In the first Iraq war, the US took out the command and control as well as airfields at the start of the war, and then the ground units were basically just targets.

Just my thoughts.
      ----------------------

Jacopo: Why not just kill them? I'll do it! I'll run up to Paris - bam, bam, bam, bam. I'm back before week's end. We spend the treasure. How is this a bad plan?

Remember that no one ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb idiot die for his country.
    • rana71 wrote:

This publication was moved to the Suggestions section
      Thanks, I actually thought i had put it in the suggestion section, i must have misclicked.
      ----------------------

Jacopo: Why not just kill them? I'll do it! I'll run up to Paris - bam, bam, bam, bam. I'm back before week's end. We spend the treasure. How is this a bad plan?

Remember that no one ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb idiot die for his country.
    • Ah yes, the beloved intelligence. We acknowledge the love & care intel features deserve, but for the time being we are polishing up the game on a foundational level (Maps & balance) as well as implementing other systems to deliver an all-round polished experience. No doubt this is a constant cause, but for the time being we are prioritizing fundamental usability and user experience tasks.

In the meantime, keep the intel posts coming, we'll come back to them sooner(tm) or later
      Dorado Games
      Conflict Of Nations

• I agree on everything, except on the special force, and only because the unit is already so useful in many flexible playstyle :D.

If they are able to do that to cities, then they must be nerfed on the field :D
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Yak wrote:

Ah yes, the beloved intelligence. We acknowledge the love & care intel features deserve, but for the time being we are polishing up the game on a foundational level (Maps & balance) as well as implementing other systems to deliver an all-round polished experience. No doubt this is a constant cause, but for the time being we are prioritizing fundamental usability and user experience tasks.

In the meantime, keep the intel posts coming, we'll come back to them sooner(tm) or later
      Fair enough.. but drones can be considered balance. please make them cheaper and faster to research so we can build them and not care so much when they get shot down the next day. I mean the research costs are equivalent to awacs and it has WAAAAAY better detection. two of them cover a great deal of area. two drones? not so much.

Give some drone love!
      ----------------------