Several Suggestion: Tracing Shots,Stealth invisible to Shared map, Space race, and unlikely's

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Several Suggestion: Tracing Shots,Stealth invisible to Shared map, Space race, and unlikely's

1 Tracing shots ( i believe this is a feature now but i have no game i can test this in right now, someone please confirm)
    I have found more than once to be bombarded and have no idea it is happening. Due to hundreds of notifications i ignore (my problem), i find my self wondering, "why did my production stop?".I respond by placing a defense spy in the city thinking its a spy! No spy sadly, apparently it was being bombarded by a frigate and no one bothered to see where the shells are coming from because they were outside visibility range. Now there's the problem. My suggestion is, the ability to see the shadow of the unit attacking you. This will be similar to old spy reports where the unit may have moved and no longer be at the location by the time you get actual visibility. This will give a reason to keep mobile artillery mobile, and destroyers and such on a move to dodge those blind attacks. But not knowing that your being attacked by artillery is a no no especially in age of cell phones (#Raining Shells???)
    Several versions of this:
    -Shadow of unit= chance a misdirection can be used as strategy to force misfired arty or missiles. Makes mobile arty mobile.
    -Unknown blimp= people fear the unknown not knowing whether it be fishing boat shooting firecrackers or a fleet of cruisers.
    -Just show unit= well at least i know i'm being attacked. meh..

2 Stealth invisible to Shared Map
    betrayal sucks. especially when they sell your info to the enemy. So making it so that commandos, and other stealth units remain invisible to non shared intelligence (coalition) people leaving you a hand.
    -can be used to betray people as well, double edged sword.
    Sight is only given to security council members and coalition members ~ Good-job! <3

3 Misdirection and Recon
    You can send radar, spies, or bribe Odin with gold but with the RUSE youll never know 100% if that intelligence is correct or what they want you to see. This is a suggestion of new mechanics and some units but here:
    -Radar Scrambler: creates false radar blimbs (countered or weakend by stronger radar), visual contact does not stop scrambler but the players IQ does (allowing units to hide within its cloud of sorts)
    -Recon infantry: Recon Recon Recon. take out the offensive power of commando's, make them go behind enemy lines so your rockets can show the enemy how you went to the moon. (give them a sniper and call them snake so they do .1 arty dmg to inf before the can be seen)

4 Upgrade-able transports.
    I want to see my UH-1 become UH-60 Blackhawks then Ospreys. increasing their speed, range, and turn one combat and deployability with each upg allowing the transports to become a force.
    This is now done in CoW with naval ships.
    -i guess this is more of a visual request with upgrading Airborne units.

5 Radar Building (~NEW!~)
    Province construction. Expensive electronic cost, with money upkeep. Gives radar. that is all.
    -Does not see stealth even at max.
    -starts with 100 range increases by 50 and cost with each upgrade.
    -can be captured by enemy and used against you (or demolished for their missile finances)
    -does not give visual only blimbs

6 Costumizable Flag and/or name in game (~NEW!~)
    For the roleplayers and people who want to form a brand, striking fear in the hearts of everyone who sees a Kiwi.
    A feature in the original Supremacy1914 and one i wish to see here.

~If any are liked, i or someone who likes can make a new thread to focus on that topic alone

(please note this is my first forum post, i am lacking sleep, and i should probably proofread this, however i am lacking sleep so i apologize) Whether you hate them all or love them i appreciate your response ~

The post was edited 2 times, last by Light-Bringer: 1 Made it more readable, organized and less stream of conscience (though its fun). Attempted to proofread. meh... 2 I posted this right before a server outage almost a year ago. After it was buried under all the complaints. I'm resurfacing it and putting on a layer of paint ().

• 3 Misdirection and Recon
    Modelling electronic warfare in more detail would be awesome. Even to the extent of redefining intel functions to have more EW like effect in game. In the good old game 'People's General' recon units were used as the EW masks. Which allowed them to fog of war out their nearby friendlies. Didn't make to much sense but, it modelled that new dimension of ground and air warfare which largely goes unnoticed in simple strategy wargames. So I agree CoN could use alot more eyeballs and alot more blindfold cointel ground and air.