Your Thoughts? Suggestions?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• TankBuster wrote:

I'd like to do a German one, but given they have 0 large surface ships, I'd be stuck
      Yea, but just take as much as you need from other tree's I guess... Like they lack a lot tbh. They have attacks subs but lack Ballistic missile submarines. As well as a carrier, and carrier aircraft

I have dont my research only the big 5 can support a complete full tech skin... but we still should have more.
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • Well if you look at world military forces, they are always buying other countries tech. Very few use exclusively self sourced. Russia buys aircraft carriers from France. If a country doesn't make a specific unit, use a foreign one.

Ohhh.. Arms sales! A market for buying already researched tech for countries with low rares, but lots of cash? They can buy a tech researched by other countries!!
      ----------------------

Jacopo: Why not just kill them? I'll do it! I'll run up to Paris - bam, bam, bam, bam. I'm back before week's end. We spend the treasure. How is this a bad plan?

Remember that no one ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb idiot die for his country.
    • War-spite wrote:

Well if you look at world military forces, they are always buying other countries tech. Very few use exclusively self sourced. Russia buys aircraft carriers from France. If a country doesn't make a specific unit, use a foreign one.

Ohhh.. Arms sales! A market for buying already researched tech for countries with low rares, but lots of cash? They can buy a tech researched by other countries!!
      Not mad on that idea tbh, just allow us to trade units again would be better..

They buy LHDs as far as I was aware. They make their carriers.

France and well have the ability to have their own trees. Just tier 3 french bombers is the main issue, as well as naval awacs.
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • Indian Tech Skins?

The Arjun features a 120 mm main rifled gun with indigenously developed armour-piercing fin-stabilized discarding-sabot ammunition, one PKT 7.62 mm coaxial machine gun, and a NSVT 12.7 mm machine gun. It is powered by a single MTU multi-fuel diesel engine rated at 1,400 hp, and can achieve a maximum speed of 67 km/h (42 mph) and a cross-country speed of 40 km/h (25 mph). It has a four-man crew: commander, gunner, loader and driver. Automatic fire detection and suppression and NBC protection systems are included. All-round anti-tank warhead protection by the newly developed Kanchan armour is claimed to be much higher than available in comparable third generation tanks

The HAL Light Combat Helicopter is being designed to fit into an anti-infantry and anti-armour role and will be able to operate at high altitudes. It has a maximum weight of 5.5 tonnes, and has a service ceiling of 6,500 metres. The LCH design features a narrow fuselage with stealth profiling, armour protection, and will be equipped to conduct day-and-night combat operations. According to reports, the LCH features a digital camouflage system. The LCH has a two-crew cockpit

The first ship of the class, Vikrant, displaces about 40,000 metric tons (39,000 long tons), is 262 metres (860 ft) long and has a tailored air group of up to thirty aircraft. The IAC-I features a STOBAR (Short Take-Off But Arrested Recovery) configuration with a ski-jump. The deck is designed to enable aircraft such as the MiG-29K to operate from the carrier. It will deploy up to 30 fixed-wing aircraft, primarily the Mikoyan MiG-29K, besides carrying 10 Kamov Ka-31 or Westland Sea King helicopters. The Ka-31 will fulfill the airborne early warning (AEW) role and the Sea King will provide anti-submarine warfare (ASW) capability.

Note:This Is Only An Example And Not The Full List , I Don't Know Alot About Their Airforce But I Do Know Their Tanks/Vehicles And Naval
      it makes me wonder why im still here
    • xXFrostBlaz3Xx wrote:

Indian Tech Skins?

The Arjun features a 120 mm main rifled gun with indigenously developed armour-piercing fin-stabilized discarding-sabot ammunition, one PKT 7.62 mm coaxial machine gun, and a NSVT 12.7 mm machine gun. It is powered by a single MTU multi-fuel diesel engine rated at 1,400 hp, and can achieve a maximum speed of 67 km/h (42 mph) and a cross-country speed of 40 km/h (25 mph). It has a four-man crew: commander, gunner, loader and driver. Automatic fire detection and suppression and NBC protection systems are included. All-round anti-tank warhead protection by the newly developed Kanchan armour is claimed to be much higher than available in comparable third generation tanks

The HAL Light Combat Helicopter is being designed to fit into an anti-infantry and anti-armour role and will be able to operate at high altitudes. It has a maximum weight of 5.5 tonnes, and has a service ceiling of 6,500 metres. The LCH design features a narrow fuselage with stealth profiling, armour protection, and will be equipped to conduct day-and-night combat operations. According to reports, the LCH features a digital camouflage system. The LCH has a two-crew cockpit

The first ship of the class, Vikrant, displaces about 40,000 metric tons (39,000 long tons), is 262 metres (860 ft) long and has a tailored air group of up to thirty aircraft. The IAC-I features a STOBAR (Short Take-Off But Arrested Recovery) configuration with a ski-jump. The deck is designed to enable aircraft such as the MiG-29K to operate from the carrier. It will deploy up to 30 fixed-wing aircraft, primarily the Mikoyan MiG-29K, besides carrying 10 Kamov Ka-31 or Westland Sea King helicopters. The Ka-31 will fulfill the airborne early warning (AEW) role and the Sea King will provide anti-submarine warfare (ASW) capability.

Note:This Is Only An Example And Not The Full List , I Don't Know Alot About Their Airforce But I Do Know Their Tanks/Vehicles And Naval

I have looked into this, there are a few gaps. But a lot is capable. There is more potential in UK and France, but I think we should still seen an Indian tree. Most of the issue is in the skies Im afraid, they also lack Ballistic missile submarines, they only have 1 kind out of the 3 needed.

But they can fulfill, Corvettes, Frigates, Destroyers. Issues with Cruisers, Attack and Ballistic Submarines

Sky wise, lacking most of the heavies. They have some awacs platforms as well as naval patrol aircraft off the top of my head... but I dont believe the entire platform is indigenous , may have trouble getting 3

Lacking many fighters, specifically in naval aviation. Good news is they fulfill the helis. I do think this should be down the line, and see no reason it cant be stretched out :P

Alternatively, it can be combined with Brazil and South Africa to make a BrIcS tree (without the other 2 big players)
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu
    • need to fix the fueling problems with aircraft. with my plane in city i set to patrol, ok normal fueling of 15 down to 2 mins and and enemy popped up right in area i was about to patrol. i had airmobile close so it seen enemy. Anyways i clicked on planes which sthill had 2 min to refuel but i changed to attack the target in same exact spot i was gonna patrol....and then 15 min to refuel so to make a trip i have to refuel for 28 min. it goes same when u go to ferry to a new city once out attacking it will go back to old city refuel then go to new city and refuel even though new city was closer wastes hours on pointless fueling
    • I have one idea-but will be impossible to create.So there is it-Railroad nuclear launch vehicle or The Molodets-class russian nuclear train.The impossible-Only Russia has one.
      Do you know how to fill the gaps in this idea?
      THREE THINGS YOU MUST REMEMBER FROM ME-
      1:When you play,never foget to research as many technology as you can-later will be useful
      2:.Don't overbuild-Or when the fuel bills come,you will cry .
      3:First attack playable countries-or later they will eat you alive.
      thanks for reading.
    • Railways,molodetz nuke launcher,train depots(Required if you don't want the others know you have a nuclear train.railways can be and another type of transport for troops(like in real life)
      and faster than trucks.But slower than airlift.
      1:When you play,never foget to research as many technology as you can-later will be useful
      thanks for reading.
    • Dante4670 wrote:

@Germanico I'm sorry, but I can't find where is the topic about Ukraine being european doctrine? There wasn't such topic on forum, and I don't understand why mine was closed. I don't tell Poland should have european doctrine, I just tell that Ukraine shouldn't.

Why the heck ukraine have european doctrine?
      I don't know the official answer, but I suspect it might be for nothing more than variation in battles. If all of western europe had euro tech and all of eastern had eastern tech, you wouldn't get the fun of battling against a different tech tree.
      ----------------------

Jacopo: Why not just kill them? I'll do it! I'll run up to Paris - bam, bam, bam, bam. I'm back before week's end. We spend the treasure. How is this a bad plan?

Remember that no one ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb idiot die for his country.
    • Germany,France,Spain-European
      Poland,Ukraine-Eastern.
      Or if we see, the modern world map s called :world map 2020?
      Maybe Ukraine will revert to european weapons?
      but who knows.
      thanks for reading.
    • Dante4670 wrote:

@Germanico I'm sorry, but I can't find where is the topic about Ukraine being european doctrine? There wasn't such topic on forum, and I don't understand why mine was closed. I don't tell Poland should have european doctrine, I just tell that Ukraine shouldn't.

Why the heck ukraine have european doctrine?
      Ill take the bullet for Germanico on explaining this one..... again

Germanico wrote:

Welcome - predominately it is a game-design decision based on "history" and play balance both: If there is any justification of bringing in a bit more diversity then we went for it obviously.
      Look at Ukraine being western for instance - it's really not fully viable but with the political situation as it stands they did start ordering US equipment.
      Or Poland - where in fact their newest gear is EU or even US. But we already have a bunch of EU doctrine countries in that area so a bit more diversity isn't bad/
      In many ways its just to spread the limited number of doctrines around.

Display Spoiler

Germanico wrote:

So before we actually start creating country doctrines (eg. Brazil or Germany, or Poland etc) we need to refactor some core code. And that's just a bit down the line - if you get my drift.

//G
      I like the sound of that :P
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu
    • Your feedback wasn't ignored. it's the fourth or fifth time i see this interrogation, and it consumes at each iteration time to answer what is already answered elsewhere, sometimes in the same thread. Maybe we should make a "already answered questions" thread with the links to the answer. I do feel though that it would be a crushing defeat, because people would not read it, as they already don't use the search function.

Short answer : Gameplay diversity.
      A bit longer answer : Design already studied Eastern doctrin for Ukraine. For mixity of doctrins, assets on the battlefield, and such, Ukraine was given European Doctrin.
      Reading between the lines answer : No, no european propaganda behind this choice.

"It looks like more people then just me question this, but if devs ignore players feedback why this forum even exist?" ---> If you search devs amongst the poster, you'll see that devs posted hundred of messages, germanico #1 with 1 200 messages. They didn't made them by playing Tic Tac Toe on the Roleplaying section. Every single feedback, or nearly, has got an answer, firstly from moderation team, and then from devs. Additionnaly, the patchlog of every update echoes several proposal read on the forum, as well as bugs.

Now, every answer can't be : "sorry mister, i will call the devs right now, they are sleeping, and we will change that right away."
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.