Your Thoughts? Suggestions?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Supply Lines

Hello people,
      i think that this game has a lot of potential to be much more interesting than CoW, with more simulation model taken in account.

What do you think about the supply lines? This will enable encirclement tactics as an option and i think that is pretty realistic. It can ben computed like lines that start from a city, so if a unit has a line of supply with a friendly city it can be considered supplied.

This can be modeled as a reduction of efficiency of the units that are not being supplied, maybe with some balance on the distance from the nearest supply line available.

Some units can have less reduction, paradrops and special forces for example, other more, like tanks and resource consuming units.

Encircled city can still give supply to the garrison, reducing the efficiency loss.

Just an idea, in HOI for example encirclement has a big role and drive several strategical and tactical decision.
    • Hi Petrusfons,

thanks for the post. You will be excited to hear that we got a fully fleshed out game design in the backlog for Supply Line Mechanics.
      This being said we deliberately did not introduce them in beta because we had only limited time and already changed a lot of mechanics making the game more "core".
      Same goes for flanking and/or encircling - not only for supply but for attack/defense modifiers.
      I personally LOVE supply lines - where games such as Vietnam 65, Order of Battle Pacific or Unity of Command really made the point on this.
      My buddy BigBenjam here at Dorado loves encircling and flanking... So chances are big we are going to see some of this love spill over to CON...

But until then we got some more important fish to fry as we say here in Malta, so please don't expect this to happen soon - rather sometime in the coming months,

Merry X-Mas,

//Germanico
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • This game is awesome. so far.

I'm coming straight from Supremacy, so that whole recruitment of infantry is new to me, exactly like the research tree.

But I have a suggestion:

Well itÄs mor like a question.

I'm playing Sweden, an Jönköping, has a harbour, but I don't see any sense for that. Why would I place a Ship, into that little sea.
      Im sorry if I misspelled something, but English isn't my first Language.

Greetings,
      Zoom.
    • O yes, one other thing on top of my previous post regarding airborne infantry. Now this is without a doubt a major miss in the game. The fact that this wasnt here, I was extremely surprised by

Here is a picture, of either a seahawk or a seaknight landing on board an Arleigh Burke class destroyer :p

Yep......

So, the fact that helicopters cannot operate from destroyers is really bad, I think that this badly needs to be fixed. Plus it will give more uses to helicopters, which I feel are struggling to compete with fixed-wing aircraft in this game. Think this is something that without a doubt, need to be added.. Some fleets main ASW abilities spring from their air arm.

I believe the brit Type 45 can operate 2 helis from its destroyer too
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • Was playing 1914 and CoW. This game by far out does them both. I have a problem that I can't find an answer to and tried to resolve the issue from suggestions of other players to no avail. My screen snaps back when I try to move it and my units move out of place about every 5 mins. of playing. At that time I have to refresh the game .. very frustrating. Before I start to play I clear my DNS cache and mem cache ( %windir%\system32\rundll32.exe advapi32.dll ) however nothing seems to help. Any ideas?
      RTH
    • Hi RTH,

Please give me your game number and country, your browser and OS, your basic computer stats and tell me precisely what you are experiencing and if you can somehow connect it to any of your actions. We were sure to have fixed this bug but it seems to still prevail. So everything helps - we are treating this as critical with maximum priority.

For the inconvenience I am extremely sorry and hope you will support us in rooting out this issue.

Thanks a lot,

// Germanico
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Greetings
      Ok, got the info you requested. I reside in the USA. Game #'s & countries .. 1748115 India .. 1754830 Turkey .. 1768409 USA .. 1772464 Argentina. I'm using Windows Explorer on a HP Windows 7 Home premium sp1. I have 4 GB of Ram 64 Bit OS on an Intel Celeron CPU J1900 @1.99GHz.

As I am playing the screen goes from a normal view to a washed out view. The borders of countries and provinces are no longer visual. The cities are just a circle of white lines with no country or city names. My units show however, when I try to move my screen it moves but snaps back to where it was and when that happens my units move to different areas of the screen on it's own and I have no control of my screen. To solve the problem I have to refresh the screen each time it happens. It happens quite often .. at times I refresh get back in the game and have to refresh right away again. Is there a way of sending you a screen shot of it? While I'm on each map it happens 5..6 times, till I get too frustrated and go to a diff map or back to 1914 or COW. This game is really awesome but I want to enjoy playing it. Thanks for looking into this issue for me.
      RTH-
    • Hi RTH,

please rest assured we will be checking it out directly.
      Possibly I will get back to you with further questions, but for the mean time thanks again for the detailed report.
      I due hope the guys find the cause and you will soon be able to play the game as it should be.

In the meantime may I propose you install Google Chrome google.com/chrome/browser/desk…WlgK7jztECFeUV0wod4iMLeQ# and use it for playing?
      We so far see the best performance in our stats on this specific browser. Not sure if that will cure the issue but maybe worth a try.

Best,

//Germanico
    • Its not the best one, there is a better reagan clip, similar to that.. But better
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • As far as I can tell, it's because CoN is a game, not a simulation.
      Also, there appears to be no difference in statistics between eastern doctrine, european doctrine and whatever other doctrines are out there waiting to be conquered by Poland (which thus far is the only country I've played as). So the difference appears to be cosmetic only.
      Also, Poland was an eastern bloc country for about as long as there was an eastern bloc- it's not like the devs gave Mexico european doctrine or something...
      "The enemy cannot push a button, if you disable his hand."
      Sergeant Zim, Terran Federation