Your Thoughts? Suggestions?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• So in a simulation Poland would have western or european doctrine? Lol, you can't be serious.
      There are differences between doctrines. They are not cosmetic, for example eastern doctrine can muster marines only in cities on banks of seas (need also naval base 2 to do it, other doctrines need only 2 lvl of land base).
      Poland is not in eastern block for 28 god damn years,
      28! and 18 in NATO 18 years! How much time it has not to be close with
      Russia and be close with the West for you to imagine it's military has
      changed!?

RasczakRough wrote:

it's not like the devs gave Mexico european doctrine or something...
      Yeah, they did! Mexico has european doctrine :D

after edition:
      germanico, how can I persuade Devs situation has changed and is changing even more. So Poland would have at least european doctrine?
    • I am the devs. And we actually have colleagues from Poland in the team. Please do not bring in politics, you may have noticed we are not simulating Nato or real life economies here.

Factually many of the units and types of equipment used by the Polish armed forces even today share a common ancestor in the equipment of the former Soviet Union and /or Warsaw Pact.

Does this mean Poland is communist? No. It just means you are using different equipment than say France. We are not proposing Poland is allied with Russia or anything like it. It just has for example a lot of Suchoi Fighter jets. And yes, it also has F-16s and Leopard tanks. But they are not the majority of units. That is all.

Check out en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o…of_the_Polish_Land_Forces
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf

The post was edited 2 times, last by Germanico ().

• I'm bringing politics here? Seriously you are accusing me of that?

Yeah I do know you are not simulating NATO - but you do simulate more or less current border situation (well not exactly for example Ukraine) of currently existing states and existing equipment, strategy (by predefined doctrines for countries).

Ok then, you use as a factor for doctrine ancestry of equipment - can you tell at what threshold you consider country to be in that or the other doctrine? Is it majority? Bc I could make a comparison of ancestry of equipment in Poland and some other countries - I wonder what results might be.

Do you know when Poland last time bought some Warsaw Pact equipment? Do you know form whom after '89 Poland is buying new eqp.? Do you know many polish made pieces of military equipment often drastically differ from soviet time era? Yeah they share ancestry but are practically new, different pieces. At the end I believe you just misted last 28 years of history here and believe polish army is still soviet one style. By doing that you are forcing players who play Poland to use old, not used there now doctrine, practically punishing them for no good reason.

PS
      perhaps you should consider giving players choice to choose a doctrine at start. But as my experience says to me, you will not - to much to do, perhaps even impossible in you current engine.
    • Eternus wrote:

I'm bringing politics here? Seriously you are accusing me of that?

Yeah I do know you are not simulating NATO - but you do simulate more or less current border situation (well not exactly for example Ukraine) of currently existing states and existing equipment, strategy (by predefined doctrines for countries).

Ok then, you use as a factor for doctrine ancestry of equipment - can you tell at what threshold you consider country to be in that or the other doctrine? Is it majority? Bc I could make a comparison of ancestry of equipment in Poland and some other countries - I wonder what results might be.

Do you know when Poland last time bought some Warsaw Pact equipment? Do you know form whom after '89 Poland is buying new eqp.? Do you know many polish made pieces of military equipment often drastically differ from soviet time era? Yeah they share ancestry but are practically new, different pieces. At the end I believe you just misted last 28 years of history here and believe polish army is still soviet one style. By doing that you are forcing players who play Poland to use old, not used there now doctrine, practically punishing them for no good reason.

PS
      perhaps you should consider giving players choice to choose a doctrine at start. But as my experience says to me, you will not - to much to do, perhaps even impossible in you current engine.
      *Cracks knucles*

Okay, so you say Poland should be eastern.. good job mate. Welp since my area of expertise is in the skies with the birdies lets start there. With the exception of the PZL W-3 and the PZL - MI2 All polish helis in the army are Russian/Soviet MI- 8,MI-24 and MI-17. For light attack and general transport. Now onto the polish produced PZL W-3 and MI2... Well they are both Soviet origin designed and first built in the motherland.

Now lets go to the airforce shall we? Most of the aircraft are all russian. Yes being replaced by American supplies, but in locally produced equipment there is huge soviet influence. F-16s are replacing large numbers of MIG29s, and the Polish military is without a doubt becoming more western influenced. But Right now its armed forces are very russian equipped
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • Now that Air's covered,let's move onto Armour.

Tanks:
      Western/European; 249
      Eastern; 816+

Infantry Fighting Vehicles:
      Western/European; 570
      Eastern; 1,202

Armoured Personnel Carriers:
      Western/European; None
      Eastern; 55

Light Armoured Vehicles:
      Western/European; 154
      Eastern; 514

-Using the link Germanico provided above, only takes a minute or two to figure out that Poland uses mainly Eastern weapons.
      "I know not what weapons WW3 will be fought, but WW4 will be fought with sticks & stones."
      -Einstein
      "Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind."
      -Kennedy
      "There's a plot in this country to enslave every man, woman and child. Before I leave this high and noble office I intend to expose this plot."
      -Kennedy,week before his asassanation
    • Historically Dominant Nation Specific Equipment Type and Class per Armed Forces Category: H.D.N.S.E.T.C.A.F.C.

Just for you - Enjoy ;)

But seriously - there are two things in the "DOCTRINE" actually:

a) Differences in Research
      b) Differences in Equipment

so it actually isn't just the equipment only. It's also the researches which differ in cost, starting point (some) and time to research

//Germanico
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Actually just to point out, this game is based on late cold war to modern age.

That factually means that idc about what poland has. bcos! Poland did not do away with its army who on earth would do that?
      So mainly they still got eastern units, and will be using them for a reaaaaly long time still.
      And yeah they use eastern and western units, but not immediately after the union broke up.
      It would be a bit weird to start out as poland with eastern and then have some units changed to western later on in-game. it would be a headache from the players perspective.

I love the different doctrines.
      - Give me a lever long enough, and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world -
    • I really hope my british and Brazilian/South African tech trees get some attention ( when they finished) (any day now XD)
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • Just Wanna Suggest or Rather Ask , If The Battleships Has Chance To get Into This Game Too..

Im Interested On BBs :D
      Stats Like
      High HP
      Cant Carry Nukes And Chemicals But Can Use Small Cruise Missiles
      Good For Providing Artillery Fire On Ground Vs Armored Units
      High AA Vs Fighters? (Hope So xD ) Cant Defend Vs Missiles/Torpedo
      Has Long Range w its Big Guns Or Something Like That.... :D
      Anyway Just My Cents
    • Van Astrea wrote:

Just Wanna Suggest or Rather Ask , If The Battleships Has Chance To get Into This Game Too..

Im Interested On BBs :D
      Stats Like
      High HP
      Cant Carry Nukes And Chemicals But Can Use Small Cruise Missiles
      Good For Providing Artillery Fire On Ground Vs Armored Units
      High AA Vs Fighters? (Hope So xD ) Cant Defend Vs Missiles/Torpedo
      Has Long Range w its Big Guns Or Something Like That.... :D
      Anyway Just My Cents
      If there was a dislike button I would use it alot....

Sorry dude, but you outta read up on naval warfare. Battleships are obsolete since at least the 50s. There not a single one in service today. Big ships (par flattops) are not what the admirals want. Need to be fast and fire these

rather than this

Course Im not saying warships dont need guns.. just saying the age of battleships is 60 odd years ago :/
      You will find battleships in CoW ( but wont find naval strategy what so ever)
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu
    • Pablo22510 wrote:

Dude, if you're so pissed off, stop playing CoN.
      nah man, I like this game and in practice I could have even marsian doctrine - I would have fun anyway. But one thing is certain - I'm not going to spent any money on this game.

Oceanhawk wrote:

Okay, so you say Poland should be eastern
      I never stated what doctrine should Poland have - I have stated that it should not be eastern (btw. does that doctrine has any other units than russian? Doubt that. So it should be called russian/post communist doctrine - devs even in news call it "RU"). Best for Poland in my opinion should be so called here EU doctrine.

Bacon230 wrote:

-Using the link Germanico provided above, only takes a minute or two to figure out that Poland uses mainly Eastern weapons.
      yeah, wikipiedia is answer to everything - but is not reliable source. I was always told not to quote wiki as a proof in serious discussion.

So Germanico, do you want me to do comparison for different countries? Results could be interesting. Just don't forget to tell me what threshold is.

• Eternus wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

Okay, so you say Poland should be eastern
      I never stated what doctrine should Poland have - I have stated that it should not be eastern (btw. does that doctrine has any other units than russian? Doubt that. So it should be called russian/post communist doctrine - devs even in news call it "RU"). Best for Poland in my opinion should be so called here EU doctrine.

(Not to my knowledge.. think it all Russia, same with the "western" skin its all American)

I prob said that wrong at the start... Poland well should have eastern and defo not have European skin. In 20 years yeah it will be very European influenced by RN its very russian/soviet t
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu
    • i m playing now 39 days. game is alot of fun. i m really enjoying the unit and tech tree variety. luckyly havent experienced yet a mad paytowin gamer or ai gone nuts, yet.
      i played one month without buygold, worked out fine. then 500% offer came, well i got weak...180.000 gold... lets see what fun i can buy.
      I dont like the terrain wearing down units feature
      and ai unit stacking maybe needs an update. My nice inactive neighbour and target germany (inactive for long), had 30 jets stacked. lev7. haha. Ballistic missile prevented them from take off, ground units were fighting for hrs to take logistics Squardon out. same round i spied inactive Great Britian. Putting my fancy fleet and awacs to use. lmao. Almost every province has unit guarding. citys stacked 6 to 8 units. damn hard target.
      one of my units disapeared sofar. placed bug ticket. i have to see how that works out...
      but except for some minor issues a really great game
    • Eternus wrote:

Polite comments are forbidden. If you have something against Russia - write on their consil in your country. Not here in CoN forum.
      This is a game: even Canadian have eastern doctrin here, What i found fun. But devs wanted mixed neighbourhoods of doctrinuser. Also it is absolutly ok. OK?

If NOT OK, gtfo, OK?

I wish we will have some days more then 3 doctrins, and it can be more precise, but even we would have western european, Poland would have still Easteuropean doctrin, OK? Got it?

Only if we would have 7 or more doctrins, Poland would get another doctrin as Russia: if Russia has only own Doctrin, which can be used by ,ay be India, Venezuela and some minor AI countries, like North Korea, Kazakhstan, Belorussia.
      Then we need Northamerica Doctrin, west europe, easteurope, far east, arabian. african. Arabian doctrin mix of easteurope and northamerican, but weaker and chiper. african a way weaker and cheaper. Russian cheaper but not weaker. Got it?
    • Last warrior wrote:

Only if we would have 7 or more doctrins, Poland would get another doctrin as Russia: if Russia has only own Doctrin, which can be used by ,ay be India, Venezuela and some minor AI countries, like North Korea, Kazakhstan, Belorussia.
      Then we need Northamerica Doctrin, west europe, easteurope, far east, arabian. african. Arabian doctrin mix of easteurope and northamerican, but weaker and chiper. african a way weaker and cheaper. Russian cheaper but not weaker. Got it?
      I have done out many tech doctrines... only can really make an American, Russian, French, British/commonwealth, (SA, AUS) and a Chinese one.

Couldnt get any other than those 5.
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu