Your Thoughts? Suggestions?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Jamhougin wrote:

Any chance of non unit producing airstrips for provinces?
      There was discussion of a foward operating base, but that died off quickly
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • Jamhougin wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

Jamhougin wrote:

Any chance of non unit producing airstrips for provinces?
      There was discussion of a foward operating base, but that died off quickly
      Well we need to give this idea 10cc's of adrenaline stat! Pass the defibrillator, ZAPP!! bum bum. . . bum bumWe've got a pulse!
      Somebody call the doctor! we need this guy on plasma and into the operating room, we have a pulse people!
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • Jamhougin wrote:

They could always make them only an option on open plains. This would represent the difficulty of finding flat land in mountain regions
      Good point yea, I didnt think of that actually
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu
    • I love the idea of a forward operating base! maybe one that can be build only in plains as suggested earlier, and it takes like 24 hrs to get up then if the territory is captured it is destroyed that would allow them to be really cool. also maybe no heavies or other big planes just mainly small fighters, helis and Uavs.

also alliance's need a chat, messaging is slow and hard to use and the alli chat is only in game, an in forum copy would be great so that you could view it on your alliance page.

as always, just my 2 cents.
      As always just my 2 cents

Use Helicopters, Special forces or Stealth. Use your head to play - not the missile button. - Germanico

These terrorists aren't trying to kill us because we offended them. They attack us because they want to impose their view of the world on as many people as they can, and America is standing in their way. - Marco Rubio
    • Tom Raines wrote:

I love the idea of a forward operating base! maybe one that can be build only in plains as suggested earlier, and it takes like 24 hrs to get up then if the territory is captured it is destroyed that would allow them to be really cool. also maybe no heavies or other big planes just mainly small fighters, helis and Uavs.

also alliance's need a chat, messaging is slow and hard to use and the alli chat is only in game, an in forum copy would be great so that you could view it on your alliance page.

as always, just my 2 cents.
      Its a good point, yea the FOB just needs the fighters. And paratroopers, UAVs, helis.. no heavies.. couldnt agree more,
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu
    • Jamhougin wrote:

Plans for sea areas? The thought only occurred to me to me as I sent a Corvette from the Aegean around Europe to the Baltic last night and this morning it had disappeared. Logs tell me who did it but I have no idea where to catch the bugger.
      Isn't that kind of the point of attacking someone on the ocean? I mean it is REALLY big, with no landmarks, and that is why even a really big convoy was kind of hard to find by wolfpacks. Yes sonar helps, but the only suggestion I might have here is something like SOSUS. You setup a line of sonar listening posts and you can 'see' when a unit crosses your net. Kind of early warning for naval nations. But if you want to find a ship that attacked you on the sea... well reality kind of matches the game. It ain't easy.
      ----------------------

Jacopo: Why not just kill them? I'll do it! I'll run up to Paris - bam, bam, bam, bam. I'm back before week's end. We spend the treasure. How is this a bad plan?

Remember that no one ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb idiot die for his country.
    • War-spite wrote:

Jamhougin wrote:

Plans for sea areas? The thought only occurred to me to me as I sent a Corvette from the Aegean around Europe to the Baltic last night and this morning it had disappeared. Logs tell me who did it but I have no idea where to catch the bugger.
      Isn't that kind of the point of attacking someone on the ocean? I mean it is REALLY big, with no landmarks, and that is why even a really big convoy was kind of hard to find by wolfpacks. Yes sonar helps, but the only suggestion I might have here is something like SOSUS. You setup a line of sonar listening posts and you can 'see' when a unit crosses your net. Kind of early warning for naval nations. But if you want to find a ship that attacked you on the sea... well reality kind of matches the game. It ain't easy.
      Well my point is that I don't know what position MY ship was at when it was destroyed because I was offline, so I don't know where to begin a search. I understand I need to track the enemy down myself, that's obvious... well reality kind of doesn't match the game in this respect.

So the addition of Sea areas would make sense just for the purpose of logs. Something like "corvette destroyed off coast of (province name)". The enemy might have moved on by the time I get there but it gives me a starting search point for retaliation.
    • Jamhougin wrote:

War-spite wrote:

Jamhougin wrote:

Well my point is that I don't know what position MY ship was at when it was destroyed because I was offline, so I don't know where to begin a search. I understand I need to track the enemy down myself, that's obvious... well reality kind of doesn't match the game in this respect.
      So the addition of Sea areas would make sense just for the purpose of logs. Something like "corvette destroyed off coast of (province name)". The enemy might have moved on by the time I get there but it gives me a starting search point for retaliation.
      yeah like when u fire a missile it shows cords maybe a very simple cords system or as @Jamhougin said the providence name that would be cool.
      as always just my 2 cents.

Use Helicopters, Special forces or Stealth. Use your head to play - not the missile button. - Germanico

These terrorists aren't trying to kill us because we offended them. They attack us because they want to impose their view of the world on as many people as they can, and America is standing in their way. - Marco Rubio
    • Hi! So after playing this game for about month i can say that i really
      like it and i appreciate all the work the team did to make it so good.
      However there is some things that could be added:

1. Ship names - Currently only carriers can receive names, but it would
      be nice to add names to other naval units as well, corvettes, frigates,
      destroyers, cruisers and even subs should have naming option. It would
      make things little more realistic.
      2. Adding name to the stacked group instead of automatic ones
      3. Adding new submarine tree. So we have nuclear attack subs and
      ballistic nuclear subs. However there should be third one, the
      conventional powered attack submarines. In european tree Todaro class is
      german Type 212 sub, that is not nuclear submarine and it is wrong that
      it is tier 3 in line that is nuclear. So third line is needed.
      - Nuclear attack submarines have reaserch where you upgrade your engines
      and no longer you have upkeep fee. This is not case with ballistic
      subs, they are also nuclear, making them little more expensive but
      removing upkeep would be nice. As nuclear subs they shouldnt have
      upkeep. Third proposed line of conventional non nuclear attack
      submarines should be cheap to build but they should have upkeep.
      4. Separate tech trees. Right now there is three tech trees, Western
      (american basically), eastern (russian-soviet) and european. This should
      be expanded. Every of larger countries should have their own trees. US
      and Russia are the only one that doesnt need any changes but others do.
      So how to do it.
      China for example currently using soviet-russian tech, it should be
      using its own, but adding tech from Sov-rus there where china doesnt
      have its own. For example cruiser line, china have bunch of Air-ground
      and naval units that could be used, and those units that it doesnt have
      should remain the same as now.

Same thing with other countries, for example Japan, or Germany, these
      countries should use some of their own units, but those that they dont
      have to be remain as they are now.
      5. Expanding tech trees, with more different units. For example adding
      missile boats into naval section. Amphibious ships (that could carry
      marine and airborne units),
      6. Improving map, and increase the points so that rounds could be longer(yes),
      7. Adding perks and bonuses to each country (each country should have
      its own bonuses), for exmple, UK and Japan as island nations should have
      bonuses on naval and air units. China and Russia on ground and air
      8. Adding more different units (5), also adding different ammunition research (for example for ships planes, )
      9. Improving defense capabilities of some units
      10. Adding possibly more playable countries or expand military and economical of ones already in game,
    • Grey_Fox2 wrote:

Hi! So after playing this game for about month i can say that i really
      like it and i appreciate all the work the team did to make it so good.
      However there is some things that could be added:

1. Ship names - Currently only carriers can receive names, but it would
      be nice to add names to other naval units as well, corvettes, frigates,
      destroyers, cruisers and even subs should have naming option. It would
      make things little more realistic.
      2. Adding name to the stacked group instead of automatic ones
      grand

Grey_Fox2 wrote:

3. Adding new submarine tree. So we have nuclear attack subs and
      ballistic nuclear subs. However there should be third one, the
      conventional powered attack submarines. In european tree Todaro class is
      german Type 212 sub, that is not nuclear submarine and it is wrong that
      it is tier 3 in line that is nuclear. So third line is needed.
      - Nuclear attack submarines have reaserch where you upgrade your engines
      and no longer you have upkeep fee. This is not case with ballistic
      subs, they are also nuclear, making them little more expensive but
      removing upkeep would be nice. As nuclear subs they shouldnt have
      upkeep. Third proposed line of conventional non nuclear attack
      submarines should be cheap to build but they should have upkeep.
      Complete waste of time, what at all benefit does that have?

Grey_Fox2 wrote:

4. Separate tech trees. Right now there is three tech trees, Western
      (american basically), eastern (russian-soviet) and european. This should
      be expanded. Every of larger countries should have their own trees. US
      and Russia are the only one that doesnt need any changes but others do.
      So how to do it.
      China for example currently using soviet-russian tech, it should be
      using its own, but adding tech from Sov-rus there where china doesnt
      have its own. For example cruiser line, china have bunch of Air-ground
      and naval units that could be used, and those units that it doesnt have
      should remain the same as now.
      I have made tech trees for all of them. Only nations that can really fufill their own tree are France, UK, USA, Russia and CHina...

And either France or UK need to remain in the european tree.... And the Devs havent really taken interest in many of those other skins sadly.
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu
    • Wimaranis wrote:

Andersson wrote:

then why not put the A-10 Thunderbolt As The US Tier 3 Strike Fighter?
      Then put one of the F-15 as An Air Superiority Fighter?

I Mean Just Look At It

I think the developers are planning something like this but with propeller aircraft
      Where did you hear that?
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu
    • Besides adding more units. Can we add something to help alliance leaders? I'm a alliance leader and it's a struggle to get a message to everyone in the alliance without messaging them all. Can something be added to allow Alliance leaders and/or Moderators to send messages that everyone in the alliance will receive? It's hard keeping everyone on the same page. Another thing, Could there be a change to the Ranking systems in alliances? Instead of just Leader, Moderator and member?
    • Actually I have an idea and its out there but wouldn't it be kind of cool if when u create a game as a SC member you could toggle off and on custom names? So if your SC you could change the name of your nation, say like changing China to Green Storm? I would take other players about 30 sec to discover what nation is now called what and bc it would be SC it wouldn't be a thing where every new player is renaming their nation offensively. like when I play in America I always sign my msgs and articles President Kott, United Republic of the Americas. I do this bc I have occupied all of North and South America and I think it has a cool ring to it. it would be really cool and since its not a real feature used in battle or anything it still isn't pay to play. Positive criticism is always welcome :)