Your Thoughts? Suggestions?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• TheSaracen wrote:

why does hawaii have no city? no harbor? no air base? it seems pretentious to leave hawaii blank. for why? to honor the memory of Pearl Harbor?!?!?! we ban german/jewish insults yet israel and germany are still on the map. why not hawaii? major staging point.
      yeah it's pretty pointless to have that on the map but then. that would mean 11 cities which russia only has 10
      it makes me wonder why im still here
    • Here's a couple (admittedly contradictory) thoughts on the matter:

1. Nobody's tried to fight a campaign across the Pacific Ocean without sealifting in supplies. That's realistic (and making it unrealistic could be detrimental to gameplay, though as I've never played as the US, Canada, or an Asian power, I'm not really in a position to judge it).
      2. If airlifting across the Pacific is so important to people, what if Russia starts off with higher population in some cities to offset the number of cities its got compared to the US? Alternatively, maybe another Russian town that's currently the capital of a province can be elevated to city level?
      "The enemy cannot push a button, if you disable his hand."
      Sergeant Zim, Terran Federation
    • TheSaracen wrote:

why does hawaii have no city? no harbor? no air base? it seems pretentious to leave hawaii blank. for why? to honor the memory of Pearl Harbor?!?!?! we ban german/jewish insults yet israel and germany are still on the map. why not hawaii? major staging point.
      I think it isnt a city for different reasons, maybe same reason as falklands being argentine... But I do feel hawaii should be a city
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • TheSaracen wrote:

maybe atleast a harbor like some provinces get...i.e. gibralter and ethiopia
      I'm not really sure why a harbor would be helpful. If the point of a harbor is to provide access to a landmass, there's no point to it because Hawaii is an island chain. What else are those standalone harbors for?

Maybe if the CON Developers were to make it an upgradeable harbor so whoever controls it can produce maritime units in the Pacific, or a non-upgradeable harbor and airfield which would allow whoever controls Hawaii to stage units out of there, it could be helpful. But I don't understand the point of a non-upgradeable harbor in Hawaii.
      "The enemy cannot push a button, if you disable his hand."
      Sergeant Zim, Terran Federation
    • RasczakRough wrote:

TheSaracen wrote:

maybe atleast a harbor like some provinces get...i.e. gibralter and ethiopia
      I'm not really sure why a harbor would be helpful. If the point of a harbor is to provide access to a landmass, there's no point to it because Hawaii is an island chain. What else are those standalone harbors for?
      Maybe if the CON Developers were to make it an upgradeable harbor so whoever controls it can produce maritime units in the Pacific, or a non-upgradeable harbor and airfield which would allow whoever controls Hawaii to stage units out of there, it could be helpful. But I don't understand the point of a non-upgradeable harbor in Hawaii.
      sure...w/e...that too...anything

NE DESIT VIRTUS
    • This game is similar to most app games like ( mobile strike, march of empires, etc...). Honestly, which I am sure I will be bashed for saying it. But anyways, I really like the game and the only thing that keeps me from really getting into the game is that it takes so long to do anything. I mean I get wait times, but when you first start out you can move a couple of things and that is it for the entire day. I mean I think mobilization times should not take near as long. I mean 4hrs just to move one space over or 9hrs to move across to the other side of your country? Build times are a little ridiculous as well. Just about any units you try to train take a day or more to build. that is a little steep. I understand once you get into the higher level stuff or the higher level research. I just think the times should be marked way down and when you do that, you will have a lot more active players. Trust me, most people will play it for a few minutes and realize it takes a day just to move a unit a couple blocks. Take a good look at some the the mobile app games mentioned above and see how their times are and you will realize that the wait times on this game are way to much. Hopefully it is something that will be changed soon or you will end up not getting very good reviews or people to play the game.

-Thanks
    • adamjz.312 wrote:

This game is similar to most app games like ( mobile strike, march of empires, etc...). Honestly, which I am sure I will be bashed for saying it. But anyways, I really like the game and the only thing that keeps me from really getting into the game is that it takes so long to do anything. I mean I get wait times, but when you first start out you can move a couple of things and that is it for the entire day. I mean I think mobilization times should not take near as long. I mean 4hrs just to move one space over or 9hrs to move across to the other side of your country? Build times are a little ridiculous as well. Just about any units you try to train take a day or more to build. that is a little steep. I understand once you get into the higher level stuff or the higher level research. I just think the times should be marked way down and when you do that, you will have a lot more active players. Trust me, most people will play it for a few minutes and realize it takes a day just to move a unit a couple blocks. Take a good look at some the the mobile app games mentioned above and see how their times are and you will realize that the wait times on this game are way to much. Hopefully it is something that will be changed soon or you will end up not getting very good reviews or people to play the game.

-Thanks
      Quick early mobilization is easy when you have gold.....get it?

A few suggestions after several more hours of play

2) Paratroopers would be nice especially if they could be dropped deeper into enemy territory than the air mobile units can reach. They should be able to drop in with armour or other small mobility units.

3) I would think that Special Forces when sent into a city should be able to target specific infrastructure. So if I want to send my Spec Ops units in they would target lets say an air base specifically. If they are on that kind of sapper mission they could have their HP's reduced making them more vulnerable but also allow them to have specific sabotage based objectives.

4) Again I know it's been mentioned several times already but satellites or long range high altitude spy planes would be very interesting. I kind of envision that you would be able to target anywhere on the map and get a snap shot of all units in that area once every 24 hours or so....just a thought.

5) I wonder if food production would give an interesting twist to the game. Having low food stores could reduce morale and decrease HP's in units maybe? Ceasing farm lands and food rich nations would add a whole new element to the game.

I have really enjoyed the game I like learning the nuances of the different units and understanding the strategies and how to prioritize your development goals.

Never be the last one without Nukes!

Thanks
    • DeeCa wrote:

adamjz.312 wrote:

This game is similar to most app games like ( mobile strike, march of empires, etc...). Honestly, which I am sure I will be bashed for saying it. But anyways, I really like the game and the only thing that keeps me from really getting into the game is that it takes so long to do anything. I mean I get wait times, but when you first start out you can move a couple of things and that is it for the entire day. I mean I think mobilization times should not take near as long. I mean 4hrs just to move one space over or 9hrs to move across to the other side of your country? Build times are a little ridiculous as well. Just about any units you try to train take a day or more to build. that is a little steep. I understand once you get into the higher level stuff or the higher level research. I just think the times should be marked way down and when you do that, you will have a lot more active players. Trust me, most people will play it for a few minutes and realize it takes a day just to move a unit a couple blocks. Take a good look at some the the mobile app games mentioned above and see how their times are and you will realize that the wait times on this game are way to much. Hopefully it is something that will be changed soon or you will end up not getting very good reviews or people to play the game.

-Thanks
      Quick early mobilization is easy when you have gold.....get it?
      A few suggestions after several more hours of play

2) Paratroopers would be nice especially if they could be dropped deeper into enemy territory than the air mobile units can reach. They should be able to drop in with armour or other small mobility units.

3) I would think that Special Forces when sent into a city should be able to target specific infrastructure. So if I want to send my Spec Ops units in they would target lets say an air base specifically. If they are on that kind of sapper mission they could have their HP's reduced making them more vulnerable but also allow them to have specific sabotage based objectives.

4) Again I know it's been mentioned several times already but satellites or long range high altitude spy planes would be very interesting. I kind of envision that you would be able to target anywhere on the map and get a snap shot of all units in that area once every 24 hours or so....just a thought.

5) I wonder if food production would give an interesting twist to the game. Having low food stores could reduce morale and decrease HP's in units maybe? Ceasing farm lands and food rich nations would add a whole new element to the game.

I have really enjoyed the game I like learning the nuances of the different units and understanding the strategies and how to prioritize your development goals.

Thanks
      Just my two cents of commentary on your suggestions.

First off, I don't want to play mobile strike, etc where i play a whole game in one sitting effectively. The longer production times I find means you have to think more strategically, knowing you can't just build up troops and attack, to get yourself out of a troublespot. If you send all your forces to one area and leave a border unprotected, you will get attacked and that is much more realistic than spamming armies.

To that end they have run "fast" games where all the times are reduced. Not all players want that, so I would say for the impatient ones, allow for fast games to be a variant of starting games, so that players like myself that would hate that, don't have to play them.

Now to Dee,

paratroopers really aren't a unit of modern military. they use helicopters for air assaults, because after paras drop they become really slow really weak infantry. kind of a one shot unit. Air assaults can include anti tank, AA, mobile sam, theatre defense units. I use air assault units almost exclusively. I think they are well balanced

spec ops to sabotage specific targets would be unbalancing. If they did enough damage to be effective you would end up with no one having labs or airfields. makes for a boring and really slow game. If they didn't do much damage they are an expensive waste.

satellites and high altitude spy planes - i find this ironic that your comment on how to speed up production, ie: gold, is the exact answer to your wish. You want to see all an enemies units? spend the gold. Voila, spy satellite.

Food production. For the love of God no. This was the most annoying part of COW was having to skip over conquering non city provinces because I didn't want the food burden. It made for a cheap an easy tactic wherein you send saboteurs against food production cities, and only conquer cities of an enemy, so he loses all his production, but has to feed so many he can't produce any units. The best part of CON for me is not worrying about food anymore.

If you want to try a fun tactic, build up a few spec ops, and send them into an enemy country alone to just pick off units. You can use first level drones to find targets. You don't actually end up declaring war on them, they are stealthed so they are hard to detect, and you create all kinds of chaos behind enemy lines. One test i haven't confirmed or not is if they are stealthed when using long range air trans. Using this you can take out the often unguarded cm launchers, and attack airfields to take out his fighter armada on the ground. I find the nuances of this game much more fun than COW because it is more than just spam light tanks and attack food supplies. I hope you continue to enjoy it.
      ----------------------

Jacopo: Why not just kill them? I'll do it! I'll run up to Paris - bam, bam, bam, bam. I'm back before week's end. We spend the treasure. How is this a bad plan?

Remember that no one ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb idiot die for his country.
    • Nah, focus more on the game, skin, units, maps etc... alliance mailing systems is really not as important as those
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • War-spite wrote:

DeeCa wrote:

adamjz.312 wrote:

-Thanks
      Quick early mobilization is easy when you have gold.....get it?A few suggestions after several more hours of play

Thanks
      Just my two cents of commentary on your suggestions.
      First off, I don't want to play mobile strike, etc where i play a whole game in one sitting effectively. The longer production times I find means you have to think more strategically, knowing you can't just build up troops and attack, to get yourself out of a troublespot. If you send all your forces to one area and leave a border unprotected, you will get attacked and that is much more realistic than spamming armies.

To that end they have run "fast" games where all the times are reduced. Not all players want that, so I would say for the impatient ones, allow for fast games to be a variant of starting games, so that players like myself that would hate that, don't have to play them.

Now to Dee,

paratroopers really aren't a unit of modern military. they use helicopters for air assaults, because after paras drop they become really slow really weak infantry. kind of a one shot unit. Air assaults can include anti tank, AA, mobile sam, theatre defense units. I use air assault units almost exclusively. I think they are well balanced

spec ops to sabotage specific targets would be unbalancing. If they did enough damage to be effective you would end up with no one having labs or airfields. makes for a boring and really slow game. If they didn't do much damage they are an expensive waste.

satellites and high altitude spy planes - i find this ironic that your comment on how to speed up production, ie: gold, is the exact answer to your wish. You want to see all an enemies units? spend the gold. Voila, spy satellite.

Food production. For the love of God no. This was the most annoying part of COW was having to skip over conquering non city provinces because I didn't want the food burden. It made for a cheap an easy tactic wherein you send saboteurs against food production cities, and only conquer cities of an enemy, so he loses all his production, but has to feed so many he can't produce any units. The best part of CON for me is not worrying about food anymore.

If you want to try a fun tactic, build up a few spec ops, and send them into an enemy country alone to just pick off units. You can use first level drones to find targets. You don't actually end up declaring war on them, they are stealthed so they are hard to detect, and you create all kinds of chaos behind enemy lines. One test i haven't confirmed or not is if they are stealthed when using long range air trans. Using this you can take out the often unguarded cm launchers, and attack airfields to take out his fighter armada on the ground. I find the nuances of this game much more fun than COW because it is more than just spam light tanks and attack food supplies. I hope you continue to enjoy it.
      Well, first off I never asked you to play Mobile Strike!! Second, I think there should be more options. I mean It literately takes hours to fight one tank. I'm just saying that it taking all day to move one unit or to destroy one tank is ridiculous. Obviously more people like the " Mobile Strike" like games because they have a lot more players than this one does. Like I said, I am just suggesting that they have more options. taking 24hrs just to make one unit is ridiculous. This is a suggestion forum is it not. So, I'm just suggesting stuff like it was intended for and I am not the only one that thinks the same thing either, obviously. Just my two cents!!
    • adamjz.312 wrote:

War-spite wrote:

DeeCa wrote:

adamjz.312 wrote:

-Thanks
      Quick early mobilization is easy when you have gold.....get it?A few suggestions after several more hours of play

Thanks
      Just my two cents of commentary on your suggestions.First off, I don't want to play mobile strike, etc where i play a whole game in one sitting effectively. The longer production times I find means you have to think more strategically, knowing you can't just build up troops and attack, to get yourself out of a troublespot. If you send all your forces to one area and leave a border unprotected, you will get attacked and that is much more realistic than spamming armies.

Now to Dee,

Well, first off I never asked you to play Mobile Strike!! Second, I think there should be more options. I mean It literately takes hours to fight one tank. I'm just saying that it taking all day to move one unit or to destroy one tank is ridiculous. Obviously more people like the " Mobile Strike" like games because they have a lot more players than this one does. Like I said, I am just suggesting that they have more options. taking 24hrs just to make one unit is ridiculous. This is a suggestion forum is it not. So, I'm just suggesting stuff like it was intended for and I am not the only one that thinks the same thing either, obviously. Just my two cents!!
      Like an idiot I'm going to jump in on this, just bc more people play mobile strike doesn't mean that they are better loved it often just means that this game is so unknown and unrecognized that it is not well known in the gaming world. I have a very busy life with work, school, and family that I cant be on every hour-2 hours to recruit more units and the people who can sit on MS all day with no lives and thus have massive armies to fight with. also I think that comparing CON to MS is like comparing a duonut to a bagel, one is sweet and delicious, one is for heathy people,e they just aren't even in the same ballbark.
      also since your big into fast I would recommend you research air assault for all the units that can get it and work with CMs. those are units I like to use when I'm in the mood for something fast.
      As always just my 2 cents

Use Helicopters, Special forces or Stealth. Use your head to play - not the missile button. - Germanico

These terrorists aren't trying to kill us because we offended them. They attack us because they want to impose their view of the world on as many people as they can, and America is standing in their way. - Marco Rubio
    • Oceanhawk wrote:

Nah, focus more on the game, skin, units, maps etc... alliance mailing systems is really not as important as those
      Really not Important? Why do you say that? I'd actually like to stay in contact with everyone and have everyone on the same page when going into Alliance Vs Alliance games? You keep asking for more units, skins and maps are not important. besides wanting a map with 100 human players? why? half will leave after the first 3 days.
    • UndeadSpider wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

Nah, focus more on the game, skin, units, maps etc... alliance mailing systems is really not as important as those
      Really not Important? Why do you say that? I'd actually like to stay in contact with everyone and have everyone on the same page when going into Alliance Vs Alliance games? You keep asking for more units, skins and maps are not important. besides wanting a map with 100 human players? why? half will leave after the first 3 days.
      I dont push for the 100 player that much, Im happy with the 45 now. Inactivity an issue, so if have will leave the 26 player. We are down to 13. This way we are down to 22.5 players... 100 player can wait

who the hell is in an alliance, who doesnt have discord or even skype chat?

Nothing bothers me more than playing as France, and refusing to upgrade your strike fighters because they will become Swedish. Or playing as Italy and refusing to upgrade your attack helicopters because they are not Italian choppers... Really annoying for RPs as well, but really I care about attention to detail...
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu
    • Skins are important to the immersion - and thus they play a vital role, albeit one besides the core min/max values.
      This being said we will continue introducing more units and skins continuously besides the feature and content add - there is room for both.
      Mobile clearly is extremely interesting to us, but I cannot disclose anything yet in this regard.
      We are currently working on the extended coop/coalitions and will bring those out.
      Oh.. and the outposts are also nearly done ;)

With all this it's also critical that we fix the city-growth to be working flawlessly and we can use any help on it we can get... it's a really $%^$% random piece of bug.

//G
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf