Your Thoughts? Suggestions?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Germanico wrote:

Reasons for Premium Subscription:

As well as we are currently considering locking regular game creation for non-subscribers - so if we do this free players will be allowed to join any game, but not create themselves.
      Reason again is the very high server load we are observing with HUNDREDS of new games being opened every day by often single free-players.
      This is an issue that is seriously driving down the performance of the game at this stage.

//G
      For me the queue/rally point is reason enough. Fire control is nice, but i personally don't use it a lot. I think that the game creation would be beneficial. I would prefer to see fewer games and when i join one it is actually got a decent number of players. It is very frustrating joining a game and be one of two players in it. I want to join a game early to get the country that I want, and to not have it be 3 days in, but then you never know if that game is going to be a dud and just end up in archive.

I haven't noticed, but is there a retirement option in CON like there is in COW? I have some games i am the only player in, so i may as well retire them.
      ----------------------

Jacopo: Why not just kill them? I'll do it! I'll run up to Paris - bam, bam, bam, bam. I'm back before week's end. We spend the treasure. How is this a bad plan?

Remember that no one ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb idiot die for his country.
    • There is a retirement option - yes.

We are also adjusting the way the games are being filled up to make more sense and allow to compensate for the newbie dropouts that inevitably happen to clog up auto-created games.

Should change in tomorrows update. Keeping fingers crossed.

//G
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • If you know you are getting 100 new players a day, then just auto open 5 games a day and make new players join existing games. Then you could put a level cap of 5 or 10 before a new player can start a game. Honestly, players are looking for people to fill games they are starting all the time.

We also need a way to make it fair for people who farm noobs versus people who put in work in Alliance games. Alliance games should count double for everything because most games we are earning it versus noob farmers. *cough* Nos *cough*
    • Wimaranis wrote:

Opulon wrote:

OceanHawk : The 500 maps are so heavy on the server that their creation is heavily regulated from Bytro side. The players may not create them at will, nor can't we for private events. They need to be approved before hand. And I have absolutely no difficulty to trust that CoN is heavier than Supremacy, at least in terms of front weight. Server-side, i don't know. No offense, but very late game 500's have ten of thousands of individual ids to handle, and it's pretty laggy, while devouring alive a good Gigabyte worth of Ram.
      The 500 map was a bad idea, it has a lot of cheating and its skills do not make the difference
      100 is a perfect number
      I dont see the need for the 500 player at all, espically here. My point was they have a lot to handle too

TBH, 45 players still have a lot of empty, I think they need not focus on more maps ATM
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • Germanico wrote:

All planned - not the 500 player though. Before we do that let's please get this ship in shape though. Atm we are firefighting server issues, market issues, pushers cheating and regular bugs and updates.

//G
      500 Aint worth it tbh, like who wants to play a world map with America split into 18 nations like in CoW? Aint much fun at all,

Skins down the line?
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • Don't think that CoN would ever fit to a 500 concept, 100 may be the "super max". The game is already very enjoyable (much more than it's 500-supremacy counterpart) when maps are played by 10 actives over 26 players. So, better to focus (as it is now) against cheaters/multi/inactives in small maps to focus activity and community
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Germanico wrote:

Got some infantry goodness - but before that we need to fix the markets and the servers and the abuse.

//G
      Any plans to expand the 3 skin models. It is 85% of the time European skins VS European skins.

Even simply taking the European current model. And replacing as much as you can with British stuff, German stuff, French stuff, Brazilian stuff. . Then leave the rest as European skins rather than searching for unused American prototypes and project concepts for a unit from the 70s.
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu
    • If i try to imagine the workflow :

1°) Design each doctrin
      2°) Design the vanilla skin for each doctrin
      3°) Design level 2 and 3 for each doctrin (they are here, not finished)

After that, it remains speculative :
      3°) Design Sub-doctrin skin for precise nations (Great powers)
      4°) Do some exhanges and replacement there and there to fit more the operational situation (aka : give Mirages to our "african friends")

We don't know how they handle choice of what unit must be loaded...

If this is something like :

Countrycapital coordsname of capitalressourcedouble provAI?head of countrytitle of headnation adjectivecountry capital
      Spain1497:633Madridcoal1
      Alfonso XIIIReySpanish1

1601:621
      Barcelonalumber0

1454:703
      Malagalumber0

1427:651
      Badajozgas0

1414:553
      Santiagooil0

1487:742
      Melillaironore0

1516:567
      Bilbaocoal0

1435:729
      Ceutagrain1

France1634:451
      Parisfish1
      Raimond MoncarePresidentFrench1

1691:463
      Nancygrain0

In this case, There is probably an entry called "Tech_tree" where the value is entered. This would mean sub-doctrin for skin purpooses are possible, and that they already thought of it, further on the road :D
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • The real problem is the strength of the insurgents and the weakness of the basic infantry. I mean, infantry is totally useless unless you back it up with an armored vehicle. And on the other hand, we had a mechanized regiment and that was also slightly ruined by the developers due to the reduction of the HP. this game has a lot of potential and it can destroy most of the strategic games out there but there are certain things that should be addressed. a 100 player map would be useless chaos. Instead, the developers should add about 5 hitpoints to the normal infantry. And whats up with the slow speed of Airborne infantry? its literally not able to reach a city next to it without taking hours due to its speed of 0.10. Make it 0.50 at least. And also, why the Anti cannon vehicle has 20 hitpoints in the beginning ? make it 30 for christ sake. and also, whats wrong with the damn stopped rare material trade. We can no longer purchase/sell them. It sucks to lack 200 rare materials for an upgrade and due to the inability to purchase them from the market, we have to wait for 1-2 hours for it to generate. And why insurgents, who are supposed to be weak, lack modern weapons, lack training from army officials and yet they have like 30 hitpoints and an army unit, even mechanized cannot beat them. Nerf them down to 20 hitpoints and reduce the damage that they deal. And also, give us the option to change the name of our country. It will be a very cool idea since we can then name our country anything. From French Empire, USSR, Indian Empire, Mughal Empire to Nazi germany. We should be able to di it since we control the country and we should have the right to change its name too. and if possible, give a name(s) to rogue states. the name "rogue state" sucks badly. Give it a name like ISIS, Al-Qaida or even kk(k), PKK etc. And also make the anti air regiment a ranged unit. I mean, its just pointless for an anti air vehicles to attack unless the damn air units attacks the air regiment itself. Give it a radius like SAM sites and those fancy air defenses. i hope a developer sees this and understands what am i trying to say.
    • Ahh we need more doctrines/skins... it is the most essential think at the moment (after the bugs of course)
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu
    • Germanico wrote:

Wow guys, with all of you as coders in the office we could actually pull this wish list off in the next 6 months ;)

Presently we are fighting server issues, performance issues and market issues - that's why we haven't released today.

More soon,

//G
      I own a small development company, I think 6 months is pushing it even with an extra two dozen coders ? :D

Please yes, focus on those big 3 and the backstabbers. I can wait for skins, but skins definitely outrank maps or even new units for me. Just and idea, see what you all think...

How would you feel about being able to choose your tech tree / skin model rather than take what each country gets? If we classify them as western/european/eastern so each of those 3 classes have their own stats, then any subclasses/skins would be the same stats, just a different skin, and you could choose? So Canada could choose to have american units, or germany could choose to have euro with a german skin?

Just a thought.
      ----------------------

Jacopo: Why not just kill them? I'll do it! I'll run up to Paris - bam, bam, bam, bam. I'm back before week's end. We spend the treasure. How is this a bad plan?

Remember that no one ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb idiot die for his country.
    • Germanico wrote:

Wow guys, with all of you as coders in the office we could actually pull this wish list off in the next 6 months ;)

Presently we are fighting server issues, performance issues and market issues - that's why we haven't released today.

More soon,

//G
      Sure myself and @Lord Aodhan already have have mad many many tree skins, a bit of a start hahaha
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu
    • G// Like Im happy to do up some lists or even just "recommendations" for the skins and progressions. I have done British, and French although I havent posted the FRench. There a Japanese one done by lord. Like loads of options, really think need another few.

Might as well just unleash all the skins in one big update,hahaha
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu