Your Thoughts? Suggestions?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Your Thoughts? Suggestions?

Hey fellas,

As this game is fresh and new, I would love to hear any suggestions/criticism of the game thus far. As the title suggests, what do you think of everything so far? Lets try to have a friendly discussion about the pro's and cons. :D

Sir McSquiggles
      Head Squiggler

ConflictOfNations | Dorado Games

Check out these video guides for Conflict of Nations. Click Here
    • Production Speed

Mobilization speed is based on well established times - and can be reduced by constructing Recruitment Offices.
      Additionally it will be influenced by population morale once it is working as intended (presently hunting a bug)
    • I think Canada should have a much larger oil income,since we have around the fith largest oil production In Real Life :)
      "I know not what weapons WW3 will be fought, but WW4 will be fought with sticks & stones."
      -Einstein
      "Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind."
      -Kennedy
      "There's a plot in this country to enslave every man, woman and child. Before I leave this high and noble office I intend to expose this plot."
      -Kennedy,week before his asassanation
    • Firstly

L S D S/ Heli carriers are a must.. I was extremely surprised by them missing from the game (Wasp and America class etc)

And Homeland provenes, surely we should be able to at least build an airbase there... game is really limited them being completely useless
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • Hi Oceanhawk - right now carriers can carry helos as well. We are already working on the models for the Heli Carriers such as the Tarawa.

Concerning building stuff in provinces - that's a design decision and no, airbases are everything else but "useless"... I just bombed a tank to pulp overnight.

Just look at the ranges of your aircraft and select where to build them.

Depending on what nation you select the strategy and technology will and should differ.

//Germanico
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Germanico wrote:

Hi Oceanhawk - right now carriers can carry helos as well. We are already working on the models for the Heli Carriers such as the Tarawa.

Concerning building stuff in provinces - that's a design decision and no, airbases are everything else but "useless"... I just bombed a tank to pulp overnight.

Depending on what nation you select the strategy and technology will and should differ.

//Germanico
      he means the homeland provinces were useles not airbases
      the build times are sooo long i got bored of game
    • I agree build times are way over the top. Research times are good though, travel times seem to be good too.
      The provinces that you can not build in are not totally useless, they do provide MP and some monies, altough very little.
      It should be possible to at least build bunkers and airfields in those provinces, anything else is not really necessary nor would anything else do much in term of economics.. Being able to build anything else would actually take away from the more strategic point aspect of this game. But being able to build airfields and bunkers would increase the strategical influence.

It would also make things easier for navigational purposes to have an option in the settings menu to permanently turn on the display of roads. Now they only appear when selecting a unit and giving an attack or move order.

The terrain types are more pronounced in CON and the option to have a switch to see them more clearly is amazing! I love it!
      For the start of a beta version the dev´s can be proud ^^
      - Give me a lever long enough, and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world -
    • I would like to make another suggestion (I will probably make a lot of these small suggestions that most of you will probably not care about). In real life, Kaliningrad (part of Lithuania in this game) is part of the Russian Federation in real life. I understand that it would not be useful to the player with Russia because it would be one province disconnected from the rest of Russia, but it would be nice if Kaliningrad was added as Russian territory.
    • NathandaWarrior wrote:

I would like to make another suggestion (I will probably make a lot of these small suggestions that most of you will probably not care about). In real life, Kaliningrad (part of Lithuania in this game) is part of the Russian Federation in real life. I understand that it would not be useful to the player with Russia because it would be one province disconnected from the rest of Russia, but it would be nice if Kaliningrad was added as Russian territory.
      Your suggestions are very important! Its what this thread is for. :D Thanks for letting the team know about this issue. I suggest you report this issue via the ticket system so we can access it easier. :)
      Sir McSquiggles
      Head Squiggler

ConflictOfNations | Dorado Games

Check out these video guides for Conflict of Nations. Click Here
    • Germanico wrote:

Hi Oceanhawk - right now carriers can carry helos as well. We are already working on the models for the Heli Carriers such as the Tarawa.

//Germanico
      Indeed carriers can, however there should be Heli carriers as they are more common than aircraft carriers.

I like how we cannot build things in homeland provences, however I mean that we should be able to build air bases. As they are the only building that really could fit in those homeland provences ( ie they are very unpopulated, no point having naval base etc)

Having played around a bit, I dont mind the issue with the airbases anyway, I do think that the heli carriers are missing from the game, and should be added
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • Can we do something about the colours?

I've only just started first game and had about 3 mins on the forum and I'm almost blind!

There's no way I'd be able to play this game properly when everything is so bright and lacking contrast.

Even some simple changes like a white background and black text help - see image

Conflict-Of-Nations---Forum.jpg

I'm mainly talking about the in game colours of course.

The post was edited 2 times, last by teddted ().

• Sorry to bang on about this, but it has to be said.

Aside from the colours and lack of contrast the overall legibility of the screen is awful

The Stats and Activity text is about 10-15% smaller than in CoW.
      White text on Blue/Grey background is an eyesore - then theres the blue text on a blue/grey background ...

The pop out Intelligence bar top section works - more contrast, larger font.
      The Admin and Build section again suffers from a lack of clarity and the building / unit icons seem too detailed for the size meaning they're hard to discern.

Rant over ... :)

I really enjoy Call of War and had hoped to get into this one, but (for me) the colours, contrast etc make it unplayable.
      I work developing websites all day, so I'm in front of the screen 'focusing' a lot - definitely need something more restful on the eys.