a possible partial solution to LHD's and a little love for the helo's

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• a possible partial solution to LHD's and a little love for the helo's

Ok Yes, I REALLY want my LHDs but I understand having a ship that can act as a landing point for air mobile is a coding night mare. BUT - in the interim, maybe we could have an LHD that just supports helicopters? How you may ask.. well i think i have a pretty cool idea.

Ok, So jet's require really good quality runways, but helo's don't right? Sooooo what if the req's for ASF and strikes were changed to lvl 2 airfields, and helo's required lvl 1 ? Now stick with me here, lvl 1 airfields become cheaper, but since they can only support helo's they can't be used for air trans or jets, so it doesn't end up with a mass of airfields everywhere and jets flying all over. It just allows for airfields to be setup to handle just helo's AND then we can have first level carriers be considered lvl 1 airfields, and can only handle helo's! You love it don't you?

I know Ocean, if it doesn't include troops it isn't an LHD and you and I both want LHD's but this is a start right?

Ok now the real kicker - change the research time on ASF to 22 hours, and on gunships to 30 minutes. This allows for gunships to be in play earlier but not fighters, and since gunships have a shorter range they are less effective in some ways. As well in the early game everyone has tons of motor infantry, well with some gunships, they can't just roll over you. It would also REALLY encourage players to tech up the motor inf to include at a minimum the air defense upgrade.

So we get a step toward LHD's, an end to the mass infantry rush, a more realistic take on airfields AND with cheaper airfields for lvl 1 helos and air mobile can have a little love back so they can actually be useful in wide open spaces like russia etc. I mean russia has gone heavy into helo's but in CoN they can barely be used in their own territory!

As an additional option, we make the provincial airfield upgradeable to a lvl 2 which would allow jets, and take more time. I think this would really improve realism as well playability.

Ok go ahead and rip my dream to shreds, ;( I can take it (ok no i can't please make this happen !! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! :thumbsup: <3 :!: )
      ----------------------

Jacopo: Why not just kill them? I'll do it! I'll run up to Paris - bam, bam, bam, bam. I'm back before week's end. We spend the treasure. How is this a bad plan?

Remember that no one ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb idiot die for his country.