SERVER OUTAGE FIXED - AFTER ACTION REPORT

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• SERVER OUTAGE FIXED - AFTER ACTION REPORT

Dear players,

please find below a little summary of what transpired in the middle of last night, local time CET.

Our main Database tripped, didn't fire the configured warning messages and backup solutions and simply decided to die silently.
      After receiving first reports both Dorado and Bytro were able to immediately put an emergency plan into action which we executed over night.
      With many of the games being restored in less than an hours time, unfortunately a remaining amount had to be manually reactivated - taking due time.

All regular games are now fully restored and should be up and running again. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.
      We are aware of what caused the issue in the first place and assure you that everything is being done to prevent a repetition of such an unfortunate chain of events.

Thanks for your loyalty and support - the conversations on Discord were epic ;)

UPDATE: SPEED x3 GAMES are still getting errors which we are investigating under priority. Apologies.

UPDATE 2: We will be compensating players online in the 12h prior to the crash and affected by it with some free Gold.
      Please be aware it may take a few hours to reach said players so please don't come back to us with any "need gold now claims" - unfortunately we will NOT be able to follow up manually.

//Your CON Crew
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf

The post was edited 3 times, last by Germanico ().

• Game 2131768, is a x 3 server. It was taken over by an ai. The parts that are very interesting is the 20 mil rare minerals, supplies, and money. However i also cant move units as it says the game hasnt started yet.

I also started a war with a county, and am being invaded by AI. and cant find my 30 strike fighters...

The post was edited 1 time, last by Light-Bringer ().

• Yes - thanks Warrior. That is indeed the case. We have the data from before the crash - so that is the good news. The issue is right now to find the actual problem and get rid of it, essentially resetting the games to a playable state like when you left them.

//G
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • the guys are still working on it - actually bytro speed games are also affected so its a combined issue.
      Our priorities are : fix the error / fix the games / restore the ones that are terminally broken (right now it seems we only have one game with gazilions - please report if more)
      After that we turn to the alliance games... And I can only speak for our team at Dorado but our goal is to have the stuff back up and running asap - we hope by latest by Friday (that is if all goes well).

Again, we are extremely sorry for the hassle and time lost - you guys have been awesome in your support and the patience shown. I really mean it - your mature approach speaks for this community like nothing I've seen before.

//G
    • Germanico wrote:

Dear players,

please find below a little summary of what transpired in the middle of last night, local time CET.

Our main Database tripped, didn't fire the configured warning messages and backup solutions and simply decided to die silently.
      After receiving first reports both Dorado and Bytro were able to immediately put an emergency plan into action which we executed over night.
      With many of the games being restored in less than an hours time, unfortunately a remaining amount had to be manually reactivated - taking due time.

All regular games are now fully restored and should be up and running again. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.
      We are aware of what caused the issue in the first place and assure you that everything is being done to prevent a repetition of such an unfortunate chain of events.

Thanks for your loyalty and support - the conversations on Discord were epic ;)

UPDATE: SPEED x3 GAMES are still getting errors which we are investigating under priority. Apologies.

UPDATE 2: We will be compensating players online in the 12h prior to the crash and affected by it with some free Gold.
      Please be aware it may take a few hours to reach said players so please don't come back to us with any "need gold now claims" - unfortunately we will NOT be able to follow up manually.

//Your CON Crew
      Awesome thanks!!! -- out of curiosity, what is a "few" hours and what is "some" free gold...cause you can't really do anything with less than 500 gold.....

Any additional info would be great and thanks for being patient with all of us noisy players as well!
    • Friday at 11:20 where i am... So, my game has not been fixed as you have stated... any updates on the 3x games? Ive gotten pretty far so I really dont want to just throw 2 weeks of gameplay away so fast... It is game 2131768 and it has been that way since the crash... I just want to know if you gave up on fixing or some sort of update on the progress of fixing the bug and 3x servers...