Countering AA defenses

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• SAM’s cannot attack helicopters... however, normal AA (not missile) can shoot down a heli. Maybe use heli’s to take down the SAM’s, and then move in with strike fighters to take out the normal aa.

*Normal AA = Mobile Anti-Air Vehicle

Using both Heli’s and strike fighters might help out. I hope this helps...

EDIT: Didn’t see the Theater Defense there... If he’s only using SAM’s and Theater Defense Systems then Heli’s are your best bet... not sure which one though, but heli’s are the only air unit to get past those without getting hit...
    • Helis go through when planes don't. Or think on another layer. If he's spamming anti-air, use anti-ground (aka big guns)
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • What is your playstyle? Do you have good tanks? In case your air support cannot reach the TDS and SAMS, you can always mobilise 2-3 big divisions and crash down into the enemy AA system. That is what I do when my air forces get butchered. Just leave the air force and smash into the territory. Or mobilise some helicopters and scout areas where the AA might be present or attack when i m sure of the location. Artillery is a cool option as wel..
    • It is really situational. Can you get land access to the units? go missile or mobile arty on him. throw an AA or two and a sam, or tds in there as well to protect against counter air strikes. Can't get that close, use attack helo's they eat sams and tds up REALLY quickly. maybe toss a few gunships in to absorb damage, if you go over the 5 unit limit it is mostly ok as you will get most of your units still attacking, but you add some hp absorbtion.

Another method is to stagger attack. Don't send in big waves. Send in say 3 waves of 3 strikes about 2 minutes apart. launch some cm's while en route to attack the city NOT the unit. his air def is on a timer, waves work better than a mass attack. If you use cm's to attack the city not the units then "splash" damage damages the unit but AFAIK since the unit was not targeted he does not get the 'double attack' vs the cm. And if your timing is good you should be able to avoid at least the first of the double attack on some units as his aa timer will not have reset.

Then there is always the ogre roll. 5 tanks and 5 anti tanks. Roll on them. pretty much whatever he has with them unless it is 3 or 4 rocket arty on a mountain, they WILL die. But be smart, never roll armor without some AA attack helo's will destroy you.
      ----------------------

Jacopo: Why not just kill them? I'll do it! I'll run up to Paris - bam, bam, bam, bam. I'm back before week's end. We spend the treasure. How is this a bad plan?

Remember that no one ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb idiot die for his country.