Disable Merging On Units

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Disable Merging On Units

Okay so... I’m just throwing this out there but... Can we have a feature for units to disable merging? Let’s say you want a certain stack to just stay at you homeland and not merge with any unit coming out of the city... Or you want to keep armies separate but also want them to attack a province without mergin... Just a wild idea I got by laying on my bed at 5 in the morning...
    • kinghazskills wrote:

Okay so... I’m just throwing this out there but... Can we have a feature for units to disable merging? Let’s say you want a certain stack to just stay at you homeland and not merge with any unit coming out of the city... Or you want to keep armies separate but also want them to attack a province without mergin... Just a wild idea I got by laying on my bed at 5 in the morning...
      Let’s say you want a certain stack to just stay at you homeland and not merge with any unit coming out of the city - Rally point your units out to another province ( I usually make a couple of air fields where the rally points out of different cities meet to make the new division, it saves me resources from making every army base level 3 or 4)

Or you want to keep armies separate but also want them to attack a province without merging - Set add target to one or both of the units, so you want one to garrison the province then add target off to the right left or forward to another province for it not to merge. There is a minimum amount of space needed to qualify as a move, and is usually 30 minutes to 1 hour of stack travel time that you could move it out of the province center and keep it spatially close.
      "For what shall it profit a man, if he gain the whole world, and suffer the loss of his soul?" -
    • Last warrior : you perfectly know that it's entirely possible to circumvent stacking penalties through movement and delays, and have 10 * 10 stack of units fighting on a unique point, without any malus. His idea merely imply that units can potentially be forbidden from merging automatically when close.

I see it as a potential very good premium feature (you can circumvent stacking penalties, but only if you're connected. A bit like control of fire. Either you're connected, either you are premium :D).

However, Last Warrior is very right on the fact it disrupts (some more) the anti-doomstack main feature, that works actually not so bad ^^
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Heya. So - here's my 5ct:

First of all welcome the game and the forum. We totally encourage good ideas and as such I am gladly willing to think about your post a bit longer.
      Being an old hand, Last Warrior is of course right at first glance - even if a bit rough around the edges sometimes ;)

When saying that it's really not favorable to split up against larger stacks of enemy units he and Opulon have a solid point - as well as breaking with the anti-doomstacking principles.

//G
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • WAIT YOU MEAN THERE ARE OVERSTACKING PENALTIES!? I THOUGHT THAT HAVING ALL RED STACKS WAS A GOOD THING! WHAT HAPPENS IF THE STACK IS RED OR YELLOW!? OH SHYTE
      "The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman.Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph." - Thomas Paine