How to stop rouge states from taking over?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How to stop rouge states from taking over?

I dont know if this has been discussed before but how do you stop rouge states from taking over after you have conquered a nation or Continent? I have conquered the cities along with states/nations/ continent but even after building everything, the city starts to smoke and I soon loose it to rouge nations.
      Respectfully,

Doc J. Lang
      Ne Desit Virtus
    • You basically have to deploy some units on every city you conquer and just let them stay there for max 2 days. So that in case of a rogue attack your units will be there to either defeat them or hold them enough for you to use other units t.ex. Planes to kill them. I believe thats the best strategy. I Personally go slow when i attack a nation. Conquering the city and then waiting for it to stop smoking before i advance further with the troops. Remember a rogue state in the middle of a war vs another country can be really annoying.
      ''The war with Greece proved that nothing is firm in the military and that surprises always await us.'' -Benito Mussolini
      "You fought unarmed and won, small against big. We owe you gratitude, because you gave us time to defend ourselves. As Russians and as people we thank you." -Moscow Radio To Greeks
    • cbtdoc2002 - I believe all above to be true, but... you are saying you are building and then it STARTS smoking? That indicated that the morale in the city is dropping (bad - very bad).
      Now there may be several reasons for this...

a) you are committing so many atrocities and fighting in so many wars that your population is totally turned off
      b) you are being subjected to negative propaganda PR by enemy agents or gold spending

keep you eyes open - check the population morale in your cities and set up a few agents on counter - ops
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Click on your city, in the city screen click on the "i" that is next to your city's morale level, that will tell you which modifiers are affecting your morale.

Being at war with many countries or needlessly bombing a city's population will have negative impacts on your morale.

Espionage, however is a totally different thing as Germanico explained.
    • If you have ROUGE cities, and you want them BLEU, I recommend raising taxes, allow illegal immigration, and go with anti business policies. before long all the republicans will move to other places, and you will have successfully recreated detroit.

Sorry, I know it was a type from rogue to rouge, but since rouge is french for red... american politics joke. My apologies to NON north americans that think I am crazy.
      Capturez.JPG
      ----------------------

Jacopo: Why not just kill them? I'll do it! I'll run up to Paris - bam, bam, bam, bam. I'm back before week's end. We spend the treasure. How is this a bad plan?

Remember that no one ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb idiot die for his country.