Airlift result in a war with ally/ROW outside of a coalition

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Airlift result in a war with ally/ROW outside of a coalition

Two cases both outside of coalition. Airlift to ally or ROW country (he had both, one was ROW/ROW and another one ally/ally aka map sharing) city result in a war. Most likely it occur when airlift is directly to the city but most likely not if movement order is outside of the city (can't confirm that 100%). Map: 2135510 I can give you more details but it's not a miss click - it had happened two times, two different countries and no way it was a human mistake.
    • YEs it , could be a motive , that your RoW partner saw you use his territory without asking and he removed your rights as your tropps landed. in news it call: your troops violated border without warning.
      I saw such thing often, and it is why i never use RoW and very seldom military pact. Because nine of ten players are impertinent and lazy to write when they use my territory for moving troops.

And in every second case i remove rights and kill those greedy and not teamplay ready players.
    • It never occurred before, I had another game that the trust was mutual, we moved troops through each one's territory, with this game I too conquered Poznan that was under rogue state command and inside the guy's territory like an island and then send my units far east to conquer another Belorussian city, the second city was conquered but without saying that I would do that.
    • I can confirm that when I give unit order not only to airlift to the country city I share map/ROW but also to move even a little bit outside of the city center - the bug isn't present. But that's only temporary solution. Bug is not about missclicking or removing ROW/map sharing by one of the parties. Bug occurred two time, between different countries (one was ROW/ROW and second map/map sharing). So in my opinion there is some issue with direct airlift to the ROW/map sharing country city. It does not occur within coalition members airlifts.

Are you investigating the issue?
    • Investigating a random issue that we cannot replicate is a tricky beast.

I added it to the log but honestly we are only 10 guys working literally day and night fixing more pressing issues.

By all means keep an eye open Eternus - if you figure out a way or reason why this happens please let me know immediately.

Thanks a lot for your support.

//G
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • It's not random. I can replicate that - at least on that map of mine - 90% sure of that. I already gave you the answer (at least as far I can comprehend as a player) - see above when the bug is occurring. Why there is such a bug - I don't know, I'm not a developer of CoN :P Only idea I have why is because there is a mistake in the code: probably when unit disembark from airlift it behave like it was not on friendly but enemy territory so start to conquer. But I'm muggle when it comes to developing games so don't laugh at me :D

BTW as you can see above also @Liensis confirmed that he had the same bug in his map so perhaps it's not so random :P

I hope I'm still helping :)