Balancing Ideas:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Balancing Ideas:

Balancing Ideas for the dev:

1: No fly-zone option as a diplomatic status. All units violating your airspace, will declare war with the violating country (drones and stealth units however, should not declare war). This will avoid people sending planes into your country and gather Intel, and abusing premature strikes in peace times (a stagey often used/abused by experienced players. Tell me if you need more explaining). It will also make role-players more realistic. No fly-zone should also be used in war time, so transport planes can get around the country you are in war with, instead of using enemy airspace to send units to a friend (just as in real life).

2: Show terrain bonus when you click on a unit (right next to where defense bonus is now). This will help new/mediocre players to think about terrain more frequently (tank destroyer will be more used and main battle tanks will be less attractive in mountains and cities.) To be honest, I still wonder why you haven’t introduced it yet. It’s a simple balance, which will help a lot of people. Terrain bonus is just too hidden away now, which is sad for the game.

3: All drones should only be shown by radar units. Stealth unit attacks on countries should not automatically declare war.

4: When you get kicked or leave a coalition, you should have the opportunity to change diplomatic status within the kick down period. I got kicked out of a coalition recently, and I constantly feared that the other guys would just send their units inside my borders, and then attack when the timer was zero. I should have the opportunity to change my status to peace, as soon someone kicks me out, or I leave the coalition.

5: Alliance needs to be improved. There is a lot of potential there, but personally as it now, I don’t see the point of playing it. There are around 2000 alliance, and only 30 of them have actually been in battle (and 6 in more than one). There should be some kind of system that deletes new alliances, if they haven’t played a specific number of games, before the timeframe have expired. This will make it easier to find an active alliance, and make the overall alliance games more competitive instead of all good players being a part of 2-3 alliance. Another feature called “club”, could be introduced for them, who only created alliance, to show they are a part of a club (which apparently the other 1900 alliances must have.)

6: In general, I would prefer much more lower tech units at game start for both AI, and players. As of now, there are too few units, to really take advantage of all the strategic aspect this game has to offer. More units will defiantly make this game more depending on skills rather than luck, both in early and mid-game. If you then want to upgrade/build your stuff, make it more difficult and costly.

The post was edited 2 times, last by sand4435 ().

• Hi Sand, thanks for the detailed ideas.

1) Drones and Stealth units do not declare war unless ordered in on a combat mission (attack).

2) Yes - I concur - this is on our list and I just bumped it up a notch - thanks for reminding me ;)

3) Drones are cheap units which will come to their own once we implement the new fog of war rules with unknown contacts we are just testing on closed beta

4) this is not possible because technically any unit on your soil will then immediately create a state of war - something we deliberately prevented with our rules. We cannot and do not want to totally prevent players from turning on each other - you have 24 hours to prepare defences and yes - it can and will be abused. But by no means as much as if you'd be attackable immediately. Consider the consequences and you will end up with a system like in Call of War where players can turn coat in an instance. Leading to many players totally shying away from allying in the first place.

5) Alliances are often NOT competitive but simply clans of real life or virtual friends. This we will not change. What you are totally right about is not showing these "non competitive" alliances in the leaderboards. We have that on our radar, but due to the state of some legacy issues in the PHP we cannot simply fix it - shared codebase with previous titles.

6) This is the reason we want to eventually develop scenarios (eg, Cold War goes hot 1983 etc) where we provide a given setup. We tried this earlier in our standard sandbox mode and players did not like it. So we adjusted and got positive feedback for our changes. As it is of now the game has a LOAD of skill involved - both directly as well as meta. There is a lot a player can learn - heck, I am still learning new stuff the game allows every time I play.

Again - really good feedback - keep it up and see you on the battlefield.

//G
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • @BravoCompany, haha, same here. But I have used to many times, that I kind of feeling of cheating, when I do it. That why I suggested it as an diplomatic status, you can give to someone, who you see as threat, instead of a default feature. This will still be usefull for experienced players, since you can prevent others (like me), from doing it to you. This is particlaur an issure which creates alot of conflict/debate in roleplays I have played. I just belive an extra diplomatic status, would be nice for everyone.

@Germanico, Thanks. and as a follow up;

1: Yeah, I know, but I was thinking of the non stealth units. I just wanted to point out, that you should keep the feature of the stealth, should you introduce no-fly zones.

3: I just hoped that maybe, hitting a potentiel enemy without him knowing, would be a nice feature in peace times. That will definatly be the ulitamate stealth ability. Maybe an stealth attack or shooting down a drone should change status to boycott instead of war (would be nice against AI nations as well.) But dont know how realistic it will be.

4: Maybe then change the status to "right of the way", instead of shared intelgence doing the kick time periode. Then, at least, the other players cant see you counter move, should they try to backstab you doing the kick time periode.

The post was edited 1 time, last by sand4435 ().

• I was more thinking if it would be possible to change the code in the 24 hours kick out time. Let’s say, I get kicked out from my coalition in a 24 hours deadline. As the game works now, everyone in my coalition knows all my military positions doing the 24 hours, and can send units to counter them at the specific positions. What I’m suggesting, that instead of them knowing the extract positions, under the 24 hours, my diplomatic status changes to "right of the way" instead of "shared intelligence", with all the people in the coalition. This will not automatically start a war when the deadline is up, but the other guys who have bad intentions, won’t be able to see where all my units are. I can change my unit positions in different places, so I will be better of defending against them, should they backstab me, when the 24 hours is up. Backstabbing will still be there, but it will be harder to do. But I guess it will take some coding to make it happen that way. Personally I will be much better off in the intense 24 hours deadline, when knowing that the coalition that kicked me out, won’t know how I will respond. Now, I feel like there is a big open window, where they can look right in.

The post was edited 1 time, last by sand4435 ().

• Yes but... this would then mean that you could move units undetected into your allies territories - cause they are still accessible (remember there is no lockout feature or such).
      It's not optimal I agree but we would need to really change a lot of the low level code to allow for something of which I don't really see the imminent necessity.

//G
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • hmm, how can they not be detcted? If I send units into my allies, they should be able to see them with a right of the way when the units are in there airspace. I mean everything inside there borders should be visible for them. However I wont be able to see there units inside there country. And the same for them. Whoever is on the defensive, will have the biggest advantage. Well at least how I undertsand it.

But I dont know, the thought seems very simple in my head, but again, I dont know how your coding works. I guess, there must be more to it.