Supplies are to rare, electronics to much

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• the research costs are draining supplies and rare mats.
      research is unlocking / becoming available sooner than it can be afforded.

People dont like to leave their research idle, so they are spending to stay active in research... this pulls all the ai offers out of the market quickly.
      the price of rare mats in early game is a sign of this effect also.

The cost of annexing is high on supplies... so maybe alot of players are using supplies for that... and draining the market of offers
      Field Marshal Dan
      En Community Support | Bytro Labs
      New World Empires (CC) | Call of War (Former GO & staff trainer)
    • Am soo excited to try out lots of these new units.. just cant research them or build them because such a lack of supplies, cash
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • Thanks for the balancing data. Been seeing the same thing here in the stats. Will continue balancing of course.

Concerning the research: We have intentionally not followed the model of COW where they were all spread out.
      Basically we want the player to take decisions which of the research branches to follow. You cannot and should not expect to research everything upon unlock.
      Essentially this is the same in games such as CIV or other classics.

//Germanico
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Germanico wrote:

Thanks for the balancing data. Been seeing the same thing here in the stats. Will continue balancing of course.

Concerning the research: We have intentionally not followed the model of COW where they were all spread out.
      Basically we want the player to take decisions which of the research branches to follow. You cannot and should not expect to research everything upon unlock.
      Essentially this is the same in games such as CIV or other classics.

//Germanico
      I guess I like the idea of more diversity among the units, and not everyone following the same light tank, and tac bomber mix like in COW

I like how there are more units, and a more diverse battlefield, however the problem is that I cant even build units, or upgrade provences because I have such a lack of resources... And I am USA in one game...
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • Just some comments on thread topics.

I want to support the developers decision on the scarce spies. In games like S1914, spies are very abundant which actually cheapens the value of alliances.

The research in this game is phenomenal. I feel rewarded, unique, and still needing new units unlocked constantly.

I feel the supply limitations are a feature - you shouldn't want crazy amount of supplies. This also means more advanced units are rewarding and more rare while cheaper units are still useful.
    • I think given time and help from regular players and support staff, I can see the community better accepting the idea of the tech tree being customized and not 100% completed.
      there is a general assumption or habit, to grind the tech to have it all.....
      currently this way of using tech is a brand new idea for the players ... personally I love it!
      in many mmogs I have played [think of wow and any of the character based games with progression] it is accepted that you upgrade your account/character into one branch of a tech tree at THE COST of the others
      .. for example my Gnome Mage was, ''Arcane-Ice'' and it was not possible to also make him fire specced.
      In our context here I think A nation that chooses to research very advanced airforce and carriers.. should perhaps not also have the best tanks and artillery possible.

the tech tree [as a huge tree] can be better explained to cross-overs and new players via the manual, the faqs and guides that can be posted and any efforts in chat to answer the new frequently asked question:

''why cant I afford to research all of the tree?''

''You have to choose your branches!''

:thumbsup:
      Field Marshal Dan
    • what we have been describing here. in a manner hopefully the majority can understand,
      is that the current research mechanism expects the player to research branches/areas of the tech tree and never all of it.

the CoN tech tree is not designed to be 100% completed... not even if you setup your econ for supplies and rare mats and GRIND research while neglecting troops production and other things.

Yes its a new idea to this set of games ... its something we need to get used to.

[if any NWE cross-overs are getting annoyed about me saying its a new idea here.... sorry its just that, it might as well be for the vast majority of players here that will not be aware of nwe's route to victory tech system ... which yes, is also designed to not be 100% completed]
      Field Marshal Dan

The post was edited 1 time, last by FMD ().

• Seele07 wrote:

But electronics are in all games more than I need.
      Hrm. Well now I'm running out of electronics, probably because of the new building upkeeps. But I only have one electronics prov and I didn't upgrade arms industry before so we'll what happens when I do. Btw, I don't see these new upkeeps for buildings represented in the building info. It just shows cash upkeep.
      -danny
    • if the annex econ penalty is not going to be adjusted then I will for sure be looking closer at the different nations starting HOMELAND resources so that I can pick the better ones.
      if balancing is not achieved in all the nation's homeland resources and if that continues to be compounded by annexing being worthless, then certain nations will become the 1st choice for everyone while other nations will be unwanted.
      [that will have the knock on affect of rounds not filling up]
      Field Marshal Dan
    • ohw I do, its very useful for building airbases, and it is usefull to get resources that you are lacking, now since the new update it is still not worth annexing everything except for VP, but allot more just became worth to annex
      - Give me a lever long enough, and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world -
    • Hi guys,

I just released the Annex Hotfix which should bring annexing more into economical line.
      Basically you can expect annexing to amortize after a few days depending on the city's population and morale.
      The higher morale and population level the better for production - obviously boosted by Arms Industry and Bunkers.
      In turn this should help a lot with the shortage of resources, as now it is really up to you to decide where and what to build.

//Germanico
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Just a post res adjustment update from day 9 account. All res (except oil) including money seems pretty balanced but all are near zero and I only have 3 units producing. Oil is around 25k. Supplies, components and electronics went down pretty quickly after res adjustments. Money is low from using market. However, my component and electronics arms industries are still low level since these were not an issue before, so once these get higher it should help.
      -danny
    • yeah don't bomb cities xD

What would be nice is to see the amount of pop there is in a province, any province by opening the little i for info on the province pull up menu.
      to sort of get an idea how many population is 5, or 10 ^^
      - Give me a lever long enough, and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world -