feedback of update 03.15.17

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• feedback of update 03.15.17

"Increased Hit points of Transport Ships from 5 to 20"

Say me why? The seaway in CoN is a way to quick. over night your coast can be attacked and occupied. Low HP on transport ships was a true chance of defence against naval landing operation without own strong navy. Even single infantry could stop some marines by coastalattack. 20 HP's make Coastal defence another level of danger. Not every one can have navy AND strikeforce. But without navy fighting 20 HP transport ships ....
      May be a compromise 7 or 10 HP?
      Remember artillery level 1 has 5 HP, it is really OP if transport ship of artillery has 20 HP!!!
    • I am amazed at the large number of Hit points which have transport ships. Even a cruiser for the destruction of one transport ship requires 2 shots. If you didn't succeed to tie transports in close combat and you don't have cruise missiles, then the destruction of transport shops becomes a big problem even if you have fleet and naval patrol aircrafts.

I like the latest airlifting changes with progressive Hit points increase. Why not make the number of Hit points for transport ship depending on the tier, how is it done for air transport? I guess 5-10-15 Hit points depending on the tier would be a good solution.
      Индийская кампания (руководство для начинающих в Conflict of Nations)
    • Hi !

This is an already known problem and we all think that transport ships with a battleship hull are not great ^^.

However, this is tied to some old code from previous games, and so, hard to change yet :D
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Please be aware that the transport ship represents a convoi or group of ships.

If one single attack by one naval unit would immediately sink the transport, there would basically be no way of defending them or getting engaged in sea-battles.

Sea transportation should be a relatively safe way of transporting heavy units and or groups of units and it would be really detrimental to wipe them out instantaneously in less than an hour of ingame combat.
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • @Germanico :

The main problem is that this design opens for the well known "national guard naval shield" that is very, very, VERY useful to soak damage in surface to surface combat
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • *giggles*

you're right.

The point of friction in what the user see is "i don't understand why it's harder to kill units when they are in transports, than when they are on the field", and i suppose it's especially infantry and soft units that are pointed
    • This is further confounded by the legacy issue of adding both transport and unit HP upon landing on the beaches...

Imagine D-Day with all 1100 ships washing up on the beach right next to the men - giving them additional cover and suppressing fire.

Huh. Maybe they should have done that? Lol... Just kidding. What a picture I just had of Omaha beach :D haha. Crazy.
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Your sea transportation is a relatively safe way of transporting units only if your naval force has command of the sea.

If you send the transport ships without convoy, they are easy prey for warships and naval patrol aircrafts.

Mahan's principles
      Индийская кампания (руководство для начинающих в Conflict of Nations)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Doktor Faust ().