New naval type of ship

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New naval type of ship

I dont know if this is already added or not. Is there gonna be any new type of naval ship, like patrol boat, missile boats, LHD type carrier, amphibious ships,

also Todaro class in european tech tree doesn't really make sense, since todaro (212 type) is not nuclear, is there chance that it will be replaced with Astute class?, its more suitable then todaro(212)
    • Obviously not an official answer here, but corvettes kind of cover the role of patrol/cutter, landing ships are just troops moving across sea zones, missile ships really would just be cruisers, and LHD's are a programming nightmare that they are desperately trying to make happen because that will make me happy and full of joy, and really, do they need any other reason?
      ----------------------

Jacopo: Why not just kill them? I'll do it! I'll run up to Paris - bam, bam, bam, bam. I'm back before week's end. We spend the treasure. How is this a bad plan?

Remember that no one ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb idiot die for his country.
    • Todaro is replaced by Astute now on beta.Missile cruisers etc we have. Heli-Carriers are a problem for coding reasons - requiring a complete naval/carrier refactor and thus always postponed due to the ability to use regular carriers instead.

//G
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Germanico wrote:

Todaro is replaced by Astute now on beta.Missile cruisers etc we have. Heli-Carriers are a problem for coding reasons - requiring a complete naval/carrier refactor and thus always postponed due to the ability to use regular carriers instead.

//G
      :( ;( 8|

but CV's are super expensive .. i just want a little helicopter carrier that i can build with like a lvl 3 naval base... PLEAAAAASE!!! I even came up with a radically cool way for you to have it only handle helo's and not planes.
      ----------------------

Jacopo: Why not just kill them? I'll do it! I'll run up to Paris - bam, bam, bam, bam. I'm back before week's end. We spend the treasure. How is this a bad plan?

Remember that no one ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb idiot die for his country.
    • Maybe an extreme workaround for this light carrier problem would be to add a day 1-2 carrier to the carrier tech line, with fraction of capacities (like 2 max capacity), and to push the regular carrier and naval variant one day after.

This way, through day locking and costs, this carrier would be "de facto" a heli-carrier for early
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Opulon wrote:

Maybe an extreme workaround for this light carrier problem would be to add a day 1-2 carrier to the carrier tech line, with fraction of capacities (like 2 max capacity), and to push the regular carrier and naval variant one day after.

This way, through day locking and costs, this carrier would be "de facto" a heli-carrier for early
      I would take it for sure, but i still like my idea of requiring jets or transports to have a lvl 2 airbase just to land or takeoff and make the LHD a level 1 airbase. Then lower the build time on lvl 1 airbases to like 6 or 8 hours
      ----------------------